Hori L2/R2 + L3/R3 Assist Attachment Remote Play grip for PS Vita Slim

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Renegade Bastard, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

2. Rattlebag

Rattlebag Member

I bought the original L2/R2 grip when it was released. Did anyone buy both this and the Hori? Worth the upgrade?

3. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

I have. I highly recommend the Nyko power grip currently sold on Amazon. It's like 30+ USD. It has a built in battery but I don't use the built-in battery, it's it's old by now and the usb charging port isn't sturdy like a cellphone's usb port. The grip itself is the best you can get in the market.

4. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

WOW!! I finally found a high quality grip for my oled vita. It's an alternative next to the Nyko grip which, for some reason, went up in PRICE $$$$! It's essentially the same grip, minus the extra built-in battery, by CTA Digital. It's a around 12-20 bucks on eBay and Amazon . Very snug fit with minimal wiggle. I used two small circle felts on each side to eliminate the wiggle. It also locks the [OLED] vita in place. :) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    From what I understand, this grip was released in 2012! So glad I found it because I refused to pay 200 bucks for any damn grip!

Tweeg likes this.
  5. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I'm actually considering an L2/R2 grip for remote play. Anyone have any suggestions?

6. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Well-Known Member

Heh heh, I still use my grip to this very day. It’s held up for years now! I love it on my Vita Slim!

7. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Not quite 24/7, but most of the day on my days off when I use it. Honestly I find the Vita's poor battery life depressing. It usually gives me roughly 3 hours when my DSi-XL gives me over 10 hrs. Probably why i'm more of a PS-TV person due to it not having a battery. Even then, I notice how much worse the Dualshock 4's battery life is from the Dual Shock 3's. I've got to charge my DS4 roughly every other day, where my DS3 only needed to be recharged 1-2 times a week.