How many of you guys would play on Minecraft if we made a server?

Discussion in 'Rules, Announcements, Feedback, & Competitions!' started by Hana, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Hana

Hana Well-Known Member

This isn't concrete...but..

I'm curious... I have a free MC hosting service to test out and can upgrade it to allow more RAM and other neat stuff.

I know it's not PS Vita related, but I think we could still consider offering an MC server since it's on Vita now.. I'd love if MC Vita did offer server hosting or something somehow..

2. LuisMiguel41

LuisMiguel41 Active Member

Probably in the next updates we will be able to use mods and have servers. Maybe,mayne not, we dunno :/

3. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

Would love to try it out if I had the game... :p

4. Hana

Hana Well-Known Member

If you ever get to know if that happens, I'd gladly upgrade the server then to a premium service. The bad part is I don't have a domain to use. I'm not sure how well it'd work if we just did something like "mc.thevitalounge.net" like some sites do.

I was thinking of doing my own Patreon to keep the server up among other things, but I'm not sure what is and isn't allowed there. I think you're allowed to do stuff like this.. I'd have to think of perks and all that to offer as well. I know a ton of YouTubers use it, though. I am a Patreon supporter of one and just got a message about my rewards.

LuisMiguel41 likes this.
  5. Chesterlots

Chesterlots Member

I would certainly try it out, though I have been finding less and less to do on Minecraft that I haven't already done.. after all, I even made Priderock from Lion King. Unfortunately, I made it on a server that recently closed, and I never thought of taking pictures... once they do the 1.7 equivalent update for console editions of Minecraft, I will probably remake it on Vita, since I require a Savannah.

Hana likes this.
  6. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

Don't know what Minecraft is and/or what should online play of Minecraft should be but since I will have the game thanks to TVL, I would love to try it :D

And I will support TVL server because my brother will be forced to play here too lol (he will probably like TVL anw)

7. Fokkusu

Fokkusu The orginal fox

PSN ID:
    Joeow
    Still pretty burnt out on Minecraft PC. So I probably wouldn't play.

8. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

Alas, I'm already being harassed by the people on the server I currently play on for not playing enough anymore. I only get creativity in short bursts so I'll be absent for weeks/months and then play almost non-stop for a few days. I'm weird that way.

9. Hana

Hana Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm gonna probably put the idea on hold then. Not many people seem they'd come on as a regular or anything. Like once a day, or once every other day for a few hours would be fine enough for me to keep this idea floating. Yeah, I'm not sure what mods/plugins I'd install, either.. I only did an MC server once via this same server hosting site.

10. Fokkusu

Fokkusu The orginal fox

PSN ID:
    Joeow
    I ran a server myself for 2 years, hence the major burn out. Otherwise I'd help with plugins and baby sitting.

11. Hana

Hana Well-Known Member

I did it once, but it wasn't too confusing since they had a backend to manage the server. I figure that'd be why some get burnt out, also because MC itself is boring. I'd likely not be babysitting it all day, everyday either. ;o Was thinking about just doing it weeknights via whitelisting your guys accounts as a patreon. I've read/heard you can run more than one "world". Maybe we could do an official weeknight TVL MC night once a weeknight or so? The main HUB world would be for everybody else.