I am having a VITA crisis

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by jmontero, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

I think it was meant as an example given the "maybe" at the start of the phrase.

sean likes this.
  2. GreenKoopa

GreenKoopa Well-Known Member

Well, if the money and time is becoming too much, it would be easier focusing on releases from one region instead of two.

Also, the money he would get from selling the europe stuff / future money normally spent on europe stuff could be put towards NA to make sure he keeps up with new releases, including LRG.

I did make an assumption he was from NA. If so, it is easy to buy local to further save on shipping.

I did make some other suggestions for consideration. It's good to think through all the options before making a big decision like selling off your video game collection.

Hope that clarifies.

sean likes this.
  3. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    I am married with a 2 year old toddler going on my 10 year anniversary (15 together) another one on the way and a full time career. I have a decent PS4 PS3 Xbox 360 N3DSXL Group of games but I've been a bit of a collector for PS Vita. Not quite as many as you but over 90 physical games and lord knows how many digital. I picked up a few Limited Run Games and been collecting but I am not going for a complete collection. I grab the games I want and intend to play at some point.

So if I were you I would hit up the backlog, enjoy what you have, dont stress getting every game and get the ones you want.

jmontero and sean like this.
  4. jmontero

jmontero Well-Known Member

So currently, after my vita crisis, I decided to go for the complete EU collection, which I have and I will pursue in the future. Selling some of my Most expensive games(English Asian and Limited run games mostly) has allowed to feel happy again with my vita collection, and allows me not to expend lots of money in games from limited run games that I don't need, I don't like or I won't even play.

I am really happy you guys helped me with your comments, and that I could help some of you get games you were looking for.

5. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

My games came in today JMontero. Thank you so much! I am very pleased with all the games. I never thought i'd own Retro City Rampage, coming to the Vita scene a bit late it was already sold threw by the time I got my system. I also really dig the Spanish cover variants for the other games. I didn't realize that Spain got their own localized front and back covers in Spanish. It adds a uniqueness to those games that I love and i'll always remember this way that I got them from you. :)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    sean and jmontero like this.
  6. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff jmontero, sounds like you found a balance you are happy with and everyone got a little win win.

I myself have now imposed a new collecting limit, top 25 games (my personal taste) for each system i own + a top 10 rarest games. Keeps it all under control and more than enough to actually play through in my lifetime.

sean and jmontero like this.
  7. jmontero

Yes, I think the best way to do things is keep a balance.

As I said, I am now happy with my vita collection, going for the Spanish/European set.
    Plus I kept my psp collection which I have around 110 games (which is complete for me, except for maybe 2 or 3 games I really want but are expensive).
    And that is all I am going to collect, I cannot keep buying everything is released for any system....
    I will be probably get the Nintendo Switch on release date but I won't collect games for the system, maybe I will do as you said 25 games or something like that...

8. m1chelsen

m1chelsen Member

I have been collecting for the last ~13-14 years for PC 3-4 years before that, and had some "downtime" periods in that time. 3-4 times, a have sold part of my collection, and afterwards i have always regret it. First time, i sold ~70 PC bigbox games for almost nothing, and this act of stupidness i have regread many years later, and still do :(

After that i sold my CIB Master System -_-

The next time, i sold my PS3/X360/Wii collection. The thing i regread the most, was that i sold Resident Evil 4 (Wii) and Fallout 3 (PS3). Not because it's expensive or hard games to find, but because it was birthday presents from my brother and (now) wife.

My advise would be:
    • Don't sell, if you don't need the money.
    • If you don't want to look at the collection / take up space, then just store them away. That way, you can always find them again some day, when you miss them :) - The day WILL COME!
    • If you need the money, pick out the games that matters for YOU. It can be games with special stories, how you got them, or gifts from persons important to you. Even though you also can buy "the same game" again, it will still not be "the same", as the game from your childhood, the game that you got as a gift, ...

Kalvort, shirokuro, sean and 2 others like this.
  9. jmontero

But actually sometimes I think, why do we need so many games? just to have them in shelves? are we really going to play them ever again? really? That many games?

Kalvort, shirokuro, Akros and 2 others like this.
  10. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

i think sometimes you can fall down that collecting rabbit hole and before you know it you look around and think why do i have this stuff that i dont even use. i want to look at my game collection and se the games i enjoyed playing and cant wait to play or indeed play again.

i want my collection to be special to me and not just a collection of all\rare games. i have sold many ps 3, 4 and n64 that i didnt like because to me they devalue my collection. as such i think selling parts of your collections can be a good thing and contrastly i have never felt sellers remorse :)

TheAtom, shirokuro and zodaex like this.
  11. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

It's known in the trade as conspicuous consumption. Sort of.

12. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment. And seeing even the bigger picture I strongly feel that buying every game for a system as they come out is quite bad for the videogame industry as a whole. If you buy every game regardless of quality it sends the message out to the videogame industry that consumers will buy the game anyway regardless, even if it's not a quality product and possibly riddled with bugs, rushed out the door with the originally planned ending ripped out, ect.

jmontero likes this.
  13. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

That. Why not let a game collection speak for who you really are, like a book collection does for others? Of course, to each their own.

Also, as a happily married man I would like to weigh in on the situation. There certainly are women who think this way, but dependent on your own interests, if your wife refuses to see value in your hobby then that says something about that person and the extent to which that person is ready to care about you. Misunderstandings always happen of course, but if you can't at least have the person accept that it means a lot to you after a calm conversation about it in which you explain what exactly it means to you, I'd say there's something wrong. In any case, I would say, these types of things need to be discussed well. You don't want to be 20 years later and hold a grudge against your wife for forcing you to sell all your games. In the end, compromise is the center of a good relationship, and communication is the center of a good compromise. And you know what Jay Z says: "If you're having girl problems, maybe you need to sit down and have a good talk", or something like that. I'm just paraphrasing.

jmontero and stiggsen like this.
  14. MikeRox

MikeRox Well-Known Member

I'm in a similar place at the moment. Since passing my driving test and getting a car, my disposable income has plummetted. Especially having an American wife, and the way the pound has crashed against the dollar (massively increasing the amount we have to send back to the US each month to cover her student loans). However I'm going to try and stick at it for now (though I've ended up with a big backlog). I've only missed 2 limited run games. I'm not too worried about the kickstarter stuff. As I'm pretty sure if they do a physical for kickstarter, there'll at least be a few overpriced copies on ebay, if not a further additional run via LRG etc.

jmontero likes this.
  15. jmontero

The thing about my vita crisis, is not that my girlfriend wants me to sell everything, She has always respect my hobbies, my "craziness" with all things marvel/star Wars/Videogames.... My future wife is not really the problem here, the only thing we've talk about it is where we were going to put all this games when we move together since we are moving to a small place...

That made me start thinking, why do I keep these many games? Most of them I won't play them in the future, of course I wanna keep things like Persona 4 Golden, Ys: memories of celceta, legend of heroes, tales of hearts R, and a few more games.... But do I really need aaaaall the Limited Run games that I don't like? or the rest of games that I completed that I though they were not good at all?

So that is why I sold some of my games, and I will probably sell more games in the future.

TheAtom and TriOpticon like this.
  16. MikeRox

MikeRox Well-Known Member

The way I like to look at it, particularly for the Vita (I actually sold all my previous retro collection in 2012 which included pretty much every system to date with a lot of games on each system). Is that yes, you might not want to play those games, but particularly for Vita, I suspect they're going to be incredibly sought after in the future. I view my Vita collection actually as savings/investment. Not a video game collection. I play the games I want to play, but the ones that don't interest me, I just leave sealed for the future.

jmontero likes this.
  17. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

E
    That sounds like a great plan! My bad for misunderstanding.

Sell what you don't like, keep what you love!

jmontero likes this.
  18. MartinMilk

MartinMilk New Member

If you still play the system, don't sell it. But if you don't play and only collect.. sell it.

19. G1uk

G1uk Well-Known Member

If you don't need the money then keep it for now.

I am sure it will go up in value over time so when you sell it in the future you will get more for it.....