I just bought a 2DS

Discussion in 'Nintendo Discussion' started by Fanny Magnet, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

Didnt really have the money but bought a 2DS with Mario Kart for £69 from Tesco.

Sold my 3DS for £100 about 6months ago with a few games.

I just fancied the 2DS for that price.

Next off a Switch for XMAS.

Renegade Bastard and shadowman like this.
  2. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Do you play Animal Crossing New Leaf? Seems like a game you might dig if you liked Harvest Moon. Also Tetris Axis is fantastic.

3. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

Harvest Moon for my Vita is in backlog.

I'm going to be playing Mario Kart and Majoras Mask and Donkey Kong on my 2DS.

But I'll still be playing my Vita. Just fancied a 2DS to complement it.

zodaex likes this.
  4. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

That seems a good price. Got me thinking now. Must resist.

5. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

Yes it's on EBAY from Tesco with free P&P I couldn't resist.

6. zodaex

I dare you to beat that Donkey Kong game to the end. Lol it's super challenging but I enjoy it. What color system did you end up with? And how are you liking it as compared to the 3ds you used to have?

7. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

Just got it.

It's the black and blue one.

It fits nicely in my hands the 3DS felt a little clumsy.

The graphics on it look a little low res compared to the VITA. I'd sooner have the VITA. I've been spoiled by an OLED screen and a better graphics chip.

It will keep me happy for a few hours until the Switch hopefully turns up XMAS.

At £69 it was really an impulse buy. I wouldn't go wild for but I'll get my money's worth.

8. eric

eric Well-Known Member

The Vita does have nice graphics ...BUT, I still enjoy my lower res PSP and even lower res GBA. -I play both just as much as my Vita. For me its always been about the game and fun factor ...whatever form of handheld it shows itself in is fine w/ me.

zodaex likes this.
  9. Retro8bits-Wife

Retro8bits-Wife Member

Is it new 2ds? I'm getting that one.

10. eric

eric Well-Known Member

The NEW 2DS looks really nice,
    yet I am one of the few who love the 3D aspect of the 3DS. ...so i'll probably pass on the NEW 2DS.

zodaex and Retro8bits-Wife like this.
  11. Retro8bits-Wife

Retro8bits-Wife Member

I never use the 3d part. So I am selling my 3ds to my sister n buying new 2ds. I'm excited it looks cool.

eric likes this.
  12. zodaex

In your opinion how improved was the 3D on the "new 3ds" model. I dragged my feet for too long to buy a red new 3ds and now they are out of production. Thinking of going with the upcoming 2ds now but I wonder how much better the 3d got. I get weird ghosting on the edges of objects on my original 3ds and it looks bad to me.

13. eric

eric Well-Known Member

Zodaex,
    Check out Metal Jesus Rocks (on YouTube), he has great reviews, in particular one that discusses this very thing. I never owned the "original" 3DS, but from what I've read and heard the 3D on the original version wasn't very good. It would get blurry if you moved, etc... ..The "New" 3DS has a new "eye tracking" software that helps the 3D effect work really well. I have the New 3DS (not XL), and the 3D works great. In fact I almost never turn it off, I keep it on at all times. Games look really flat to me now when I turn it off OR go to my Vita. I am sure that the 3D is not for everyone, but personally I love it.
    I am debating on getting a NEW 2DS, -I can get one new for $75 (as I have $75 credit w/ Best Buy). ..do you know, is the NEW 2DS's screen larger than that of the NEW 3DS XL? ...since I have the regular New 3DS (not XL) I would like a larger screen ...but if the NEW 2ds's isn't larger than the New 3DS's XL then i'll probably pass on the 2DS. ... ...you can get a NEW 3DS XL on eBay for around $100 in prisitine condition ...thinking I may just do that at some point and keep my Best Buy credit for the future. ;)

zodaex likes this.
  14. zodaex

So it sounds like it probably would be worth it to me to get the new 3ds-xl if I can find a color scheme of it i'm fond of. I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting that Persona Q or Monster Hunter 4 L.E. editions of the new 3ds-xl while they were still available. I'll probably toss some bids in to see if I can score a used red one for a decent price. If not, the upcoming 2DS-XL would still work out well enough for me I think cause it costs less and had an acceptable color to me (the teal and black). And yes, the upcoming new 2DSes will all be the larger XL size variant. It probably wouldn't have made since for them to also produce the standard sized 2ds in the "new" variant because you wouldn't have the improved 3D anyway.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  15. eric

eric Well-Known Member

So the NEW 2DS XL is the same size screen as the NEW 3DS XL ?

hmm, ...I may go check out the NEW 2DS XL in person ...the form factor looks like it uses the space better than the New 3DS XL (seems to be less room around the screen on the New 2DS XL). ...but the lack of 3D makes me personally lean towards a NEW 3DS XL off ebay. ...

16. Sundance

Sundance Member

Congrats on your purchase, I have handheld console collection missing 2ds but I bought ds lite in pretty good condition(only missing gba slot cover) for around $8 via local seller, people over here sell stuff like these for real cheap.