If I delete a digital game on my Vita will I loose the saved data?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Help' started by Lando452, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Lando452

Lando452 Well-Known Member

If I delete a digital game on my Vita will I loose the saved data? I just picked up a physical version of a digital game I already own and I want to delete it will my saved data still be there?

2. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Hi Lando,

As far as I am aware when you delete a game it does also delete the save game data

It does warn you before commencing delete that it will remove save game data

If you are a PS+ subscriber then not a problem just click the yellow downward arrow on the upper right side of game start screen to upload the save game data to the cloud then delete the game from the vita, insert the game card and click the yellow down arrow to download your save game

Be aware if you have a European digital game the save data will only work on a European physical and likewise for US etc

3. Lando452

Lando452 Well-Known Member

That's good to hear because I do have PlayStation Plus, thanks for the info.

4. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

Also if you back up your game using CMA it will include the save data.

5. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Use the PS+ upload service indeed! Backing up via the CMA (with me at least) is an absolute drama. Copying some of the heavier games takes ages and they standardly get stuck halfway through. I now use uploading via PS+ and it's a breeze. It really sucks that they did it this way because I can still separately back up PSP save files via the PC...