In need of some PS4 game recommendations!

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by DojoDan, Mar 19, 2017.

1. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Hi all

I've caved in and decided to get a ps4, probably a Pro. Huge thanks to zodaex and DankZaku for generously selling me two LRG games which at the time I was so close to buying but didn't.

I just wondered if people couple let me know of any games they think I should own. I don't really have any idea what's available as of yet. I've browsed 365games for a bit so I'll be tempted by Telesgrad and Little Big Planet. I just don't like turn based or survival horror (Deadspace i like) stuff at all but anything else is a possibility. I love platformers and retro inspired indie games also 1st and third person stuff. Physical or digital I don't mind. List as many as you can think of!

Cheers.

2. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I'm currently playing N++ which is fantastic entertainment for what it cost me in the sale (around a fiver) so I certainly recommend that one. Others that I've played & thoroughly enjoyed since owning a PS4 are: Doom, The Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, The Uncharted Collection & the first Tomb Raider (can't think of the exact title). I've also been trying to get into GTA V over the last few months & although it's taking a while, there's a whole lot of game waiting to be played.

DojoDan likes this.
  3. stiggsen

stiggsen Well-Known Member

Generally i would recommend to not buy the newest releases, instead wait a few months and get them for a lot less.
    Third Person:
    * Uncharted Trilogy + 4
    * The Last of Us
    * Both Tomb Raiders
    * Bloodborne GOTY
    * Dark Souls 3(maybe wait for GOTY Version)
    RPG's:
    *The Witcher GOTY(!!)
    *The Witcher GOTY(!!!)
    *The Witcher GOTY(!!!!):D
    The GOTY Version has all or most patches+dlc on disc;)
    FPS:
    * Wolfenstein
    * Metro Redux
    * Doom
    Maybe Pickups(good AAA games + dirt cheap at least in germany):
    * Dishonored 1 and 2
    * The new Deus Ex
    * Metal Gear Solid 5 Definitive Edition(dlc on disc)
    + thousand other tripleA releases, indie and niche releases, its really impossible to play them all

PS: Seriously, get the Witcher!:)

DojoDan likes this.
  4. Nikobelakhov

Nikobelakhov Active Member

In order of awesome.

Nier: Automata (3rd person hack and slash / Shmup with an amazing story)
    The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition (Best western style RPG ever imho)
    Nioh (3rd person hack and slash)
    Salt and Sanctuary (Combat heavy metroidvania style platformer, digital only until LRG does their thing)
    Hyper Light Drifter (just get it!)

DojoDan likes this.
  5. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Platformers/Indie titles that are great fun (please note that some games are also available on the Vita):

N++ (as Mr Tornado already mentioned) is seriously excellent.
    Shovel Knight isn't far behind, incredible game.
    Limbo & Inside are two seriously great platformers, definitely give them both a try.
    Super Meat Boy is a brilliant (and challenging) platformer.
    Any of the Shantae games are well worth playing - especially Pirate's Curse.
    Megaman Legacy Collection is the first 6 Mega Man games, 6 of the best games ever in my opinion. Great ports as well.
    Not a Hero is a great side scrolling action/platformer game with lightning fast combat.
    Rayman Legends is one of my favourite platformers ever, tons of content in this one.
    Slain - great action game with platforming elements. Pretty tough in places but great fun when you get it down. Beautiful graphics/sprites as well.
    Ratchet and Clank - One of the only "AAA" games on this list. Its a great re imagining of the original game, looks great and has a really imaginative weapons set. Well worth playing.
    Unravel - A really charming platformer published by EA of all companies. It looks amazing and has some great level design that sometimes frustrates. One of my favourite games of last year, well worth trying if your into platformers.

DojoDan likes this.
  6. DojoDan

Thanks guys, really appreciate your recommendations. There's plenty there for me to look at, which is exactly what I needed, so cheers for that. Still open to more! I'm just at work so I haven't got time to comment on some of those mentioned just now but I will do later. Have bought a couple already.

7. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

How did I forget The Last of Us?! A seriously good game that I thoroughly enjoyed playing. :)

8. Dee0342

Dee0342 Well-Known Member

I haven't played Nioh or Nier yet, but they are personal musthaves at some point in the future but I really recommend Bloodborne.

9. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Many of the really outstanding ones have already been mentioned and should last you quite a bit!

But do I remember correctly that you're into shoot em ups, DojoDan? There aren't many on PS4 yet, sadly, but definitely worth mentioning are:

Caladrius Blaze (on disc as an Asian English version for £29 at Play-Asia, but PSN UK has it on sale for £9.49 currently)
    Ghost Blade HD (digital only, £7.49)
    Jamestown+ (digital, £8.99)
    Resogun (digital, £9.99)
    and of course Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours, soon to be given the LRG Treatment, otherwise digitally at full retail price.

Enjoy your new PS4 man, so many great games to get into!

DojoDan likes this.
  10. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Well looks like what I would recommend has already been said! lol

11. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

I can't recommend Nier: Automata highly enough - also Resident Evil 7 is very good too.

12. DojoDan

I like the look of those. Cheers. I've got to go through this thread a bit more. I've not had chance yet! Thanks for everyone's suggestions.