Insider on Sony Gamescom lineup; Vita will get ‘more love’

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by italodance, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Industry insider Tidux has some new juicy rumors for Playstation fans.

In addition to all of this he says that the PS Vita will get more love at Gamescom from Sony than it did at E3. That isn’t saying much since the Vita was mostly a footnote in Sony’s E3 presentation this year. Hopefully this means more exclusive, original and inventive Vita games. At the worst I’d expect some news on Gravity Rush 2.

Media Molecule, Guerrilla Games, and Quantic Dream have all teased their new games in recent months so perhaps one of those three will finally show what they’ve been working on? We can only hope.

Via:

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2014/07/insider-sony-gamescom-lineup-better-e3-vita-will-get-love/

2. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    While I definitely would have loved to have a game list of what's going to be shown at the event, this is better than nothing. I will admit that the Vita didn't get a lot of face-time at E3, and seeing it get some more face-time at Gamescom would be pretty interesting to see.

Though I won't go out and hope/expect for footage of stuff like Gravity Rush 2 and announcements like GT Vita and whatnot, I am interested to see what they may show and announce. Whatever they do announce, I'm sure it will peak my interest :)

3. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Oh, Tidux, I know them, this seems a bit weird to pick up on that tweet now. It's kind of old, heck I think I retweeted it myself (I did indeed). As far as being better than this year's E3, I don't see that being too difficult. Getting more Vita Love, we'll see, to be honest I didn't really like Vita's exposure last Gamescom either. Twas a good briefing to be sure, just not what I wanted from the platform. In that sense, I think I liked the E3 2013 games more. Gravity Rush feels like it's out of the question. Tokyo Game Show 2014 is a thing, a thing in which needs content. In general, I feel Vita needs to show well somewhere. It'll probably be Tokyo Game Show, as Vita has momentum to maintain. They can't afford to get a "betrayalthon" ala the year Monster Hunter jumped platforms this year. 2015 needs some titles lined up, it's looking pretty ghost on both sides of the pacific.

4. italodance

God could I see either Dead Space or Resident Evil on Vita?

:(

5. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    Dead Space has been "put on a shelf" by EA, so I won't hold my breath. As 3DS has played host to 2 Resident Evils so far, maybe a Vita game isn't out of the question. I would like to see God of War or Gran Turismo announced by Sony soon.

Trent likes this.
  6. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    Gran Turismo would be my biggest hopeful for an announcement. Granted, I won't expect it to be announced, but seeing as how Gran Turismo PSP just recently became available for download to the PS Vita in North America (though limited to the PS3 Transfer Workaround), I would be hopeful that its appearance on the Vita Store-Front in the US would help lead to them making an announcement, whether it be GT6 Portable, a tie-in for GT7, or something completely different.

A Vita Resident Evil game would be nice, especially due to all of the rumors about a year ago about the PS Vita supposedly getting a new Resident Evil: Outbreak game.

7. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

Oh, and there was already a mini-betrayalthon last week. Kenka Bancho, a series that has been a PS2/PSP exclusive, had a new entry announced for 3DS. It's not a huge series or anything, but it's a solid seller that could have helped Vita.

8. RTRSPCT

RTRSPCT Well-Known Member

EA left the handhelds, so Dead Space is a definite "no". Resident Evil is also incredibly unlikely. CAPCOM never has been an avid supporter of the handheld, unfortunately.

9. Undrey

Undrey Member

Don't set your hopes up people. There'll probably be a bunch of Indie games and a few small first party games similar to Murasaki Baby. I hope that's not what they only show, but I've been let down too many times.

10. DesofWar

DesofWar I'm a troll.

Remember this from 2013?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=558270

I think I can do without "First party" games this year. Now, first party games I could get behind. Hoping for some more PS3 ports, FTW.

akhi216 likes this.
  11. Undrey

Undrey Member

I wouldn't mind PS3 ports.

akhi216 likes this.
  12. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Sssh Takao I was trying to forget that ><! You're right though, it could have helped Vita along, not that I blame them for wanting to get established on Nintendo's handheld though. Looked pretty ridiculous (in a good way), their switch for this game doesn't mean they won't support Vita though, not yet anyway...

As for Outbreak at Tall Oaks, I wished that was true so much =( I just wanted RE6 Mercenaries game play on the go, kind of like how 3DS got RE5 mercenaries on the go. Alas, it's Capcom, I'm not sure if Adam Boyes' response of us directly requesting games helps at all. I'd be more willing to believe if Square Enix changes their mind on Type 0. Oh on the bright side, Double Eleven is working on something, that's promising. They're just not sure if it'll be announced for Gamescom or not. Speaking of PS3 ports, I wouldn't mind some either but what first party ports could be had at this point? Ico perhaps? I feel like SOTC is out of the question unless Bluepoint or Japan Studios does it.

I guess my expectations are actually at zero this year. Wonder if there's any good indies floating around. I think what bothers me most is that there hasn't been a peep out of 3rd Party Productions concerning the wonderful japanese games requested. If Japanese negotiations really take this long, then I gotta wonder how XSEED and co live day to day.

13. ForsakenCrown

ForsakenCrown Well-Known Member

Didn't they say this about E3? I could've sworn they did.

14. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    The only hype I heard for PSVita @ E3 was spread by people who wouldn't have any idea what was actually going to show up.

Linkx41 likes this.
  15. xtemma

xtemma Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    NA: XtemmA2 / Asian: XtemmA
    Resident Evil Revelations 2 as PS Vita exclusive.

sincerely, CAPCOM Strategic Platform Troll Manager.

Linkx41 and Pata like this.
  16. ForsakenCrown

True, but the person saying this can fit in that category.

17. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    They could, but that would depend on whether you believe them or not. If you believe them, then you acknowledge that they have insider information and do in fact know what's actually going to show up.

18. Borshay

Borshay Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Borshay
    Last I heard Tidux was considered a phony.
    But seriously, it's almost a given the Vita will get more love at Gamescom than E3. It can not get any worse.

19. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    There has been alot of negativity lately on the forums, it makes me not want to post... :(

20. Borshay

Borshay Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Borshay
    I don't think there is that much negativity. Some news topics about dumb decisions? yeah. But nothing like people running around shouting "no gaemz" like most places. None of us are saying anything is doomed.

From what I've seen the majority of upset people aren't even mad about not having games or the Vita is dead. It's that Sony seems to try and belittle the games we are getting, and they're awesome games.

Although it doesn't help its been pretty slow in gaming news since E3 and the majority of the news since then have been PR blunders. So it's really the only thing to talk about right now.

Pata, RTRSPCT and Kurisutina like this.
  21. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    I agree that the "negativity" has nothing to do with actual doom and gloom for the platform. It shouldn't be confused with general frustration and criticism for Sony at all, which is what many of us have been engaged in, or even just trying to figure out what's going on in their minds with the PR blunders of late. Unfortunately though, the myth of Gamescom being better than E3 isn't really true. It's just perspective, E3 2013 vs Gamescom 2013 Vita wise...wasn't really much in favour of Gamescom. Fewer titles announced compared to the quick 9 minutes but the impact of titles wasn't quite as strong as what little was announced at E3, though that's a subjective viewpoint. It seems people just really remember Gamescom 2012 which was definitely better than E3 for Vita that year. It's gotten progressively worse as the PS4 continues.

With Nintendo for example, I've never felt like the Home console impacted the handheld. However in Gen 8, I did feel like the 3DS impacted the Wii U resource wise but once 3DS got its games out, Nintendo shifted focus onto Wii U as much as they could, without making the 3DS feel like it wasn't a priority. Whenever Sony does something, it's quite clear that there's a dividing line between their handheld and console. When it's not just a few people commenting as such but a growing number, you know there's a problem. I know for me personally, I don't feel like I've been treated well as a customer or member of the "PlayStation Nation" at all. I feel more like a second class citizen with a government trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Linkx41 likes this.
  22. RTRSPCT

RTRSPCT Well-Known Member

It's not so much negativity from the gamers' side. In fact, the handheld has already a great library of awesome games. But one cannot deny the trend of negativity on SONYs side. They don't even know what to do with it.

I was never a "doom & gloom" kinda person, in fact, I spoke out against those kinda things. But, when you see the PR-trend originating earlier this year, then one cannot deny that the future of the handheld isn't rosy.

Pata and Kurisutina like this.
  23. italodance

MrAlsVita likes this.
  24. ForsakenCrown

Actually, I'd rather have a spinoff on the Vita. I feel that the large set pieces TLOU has wouldn't work well on the Vita, and as the developers have said, there is a lot more they'd love to do with TLOU universe, and I have to agree. The best thing about the post apocalyptic genre is that there are countless stories to be told, and they never really have to be these big save the world stories like most games are. I'd also love TLOU spinoff on Vita because TLOU is my favorite game of all time - and I haven't played it.

25. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Agreed, plus Vita doesn't have the kind of power to run a port like that. However, a spin off using the assets from TLOU strategically would help a ton. Could start by making a playable version of the multiplayer + Left behind DLC. I think that would have been a good base to start, as well as other adventures not seen in the game directly.

Now then, since Gamescom is going to get more Vita "love". I predict plenty of PS4/PS Vita multiplatform indie games being announced, courtesty of Shahid. Just like last Gamescom! It will then be followed up by the usual "Gamescom better than E3" even though E3 2014 had the same line of Indie games for both PS4 and Vita, plus Disney Infinity 2.0 and Tales from the Borderlands. Actually might be useful to re-summarize all Vita E3 announcements first just to compare/contrast pre-Gamescom. Now if you want to know what would blow my mind? Some on stage announcements concerning #jrpgvita from Shahid. That would more than earn back some goodwill and no FF Type 0 HD port won't be enough. People need to see it really working with some additional titles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.