Is now the right time to but a Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Discussion' started by Nonscpo, Jun 2, 2018.

?

Is now the time to buy the Nintendo Switch?

1. Yes, why don't you own one already?

2. No, hold out for 2019!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nonscpo

Nonscpo Well-Known Member

As the title asks, with the recent announcements of "PKMN Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee", and the promise of a core game in 2019, is now the right time to invest in a Nintendo Switch if you don't own one already?

2. Terramax

Terramax Well-Known Member

I don't understand the context of the question. Are you asking us to give advice as to whether you should buy one? Whether everyone should buy one? What does a Pokemon game have to do with anything?

My answer, any context would be; if there are games you'd like to play for it, right now, then buy one now. If not, don't.

3. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

As much as I love the love for the Vita Lounge, there's an actual Switch forum done by the same people :D

As for a general opinion on the question: I think it has a good library of different games to play. If you didn't have a Wii U, there's actually quite a large amount. The Let's Go games are no system sellers for me however, and I personally am holding off buying one. I just can't imagine that for now it will take me away from my PS4 and my Vita, and I've got better things to spend some €300/€400 on than a dust catcher.

I am personally also hoping for a second, portable only Switch though, and not the regular switch being sold minus the dock (as happens in Japan). Just a 'slim', portable only version. I have a slight inkling this might come (no inside sources, really just an inkling), and I'm thinking it may come with the announcement/release of the core Pokémon game. *hope*

zodaex likes this.
  4. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

I got one last month; once Gal Gun 2 was released and the Senran Kagura bum massage game confirmed as a western release I was in!!

I also bought Doom which I have been thoroughly loving to bits, it's so much fun being able to play on a handheld with dual shoulder buttons. On my second playthrough now.

I would say if there are games that you are interested in then sure go for it, but be warned some of the Switch games are way overpriced in comparison to ps4.

5. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Depends on the games you want to play, currently there are (if not mistaken) already 400+ games on the Switch so plenty to choose from.

For me it was worth it since Mario Kart came on it, but I know people buying it at launch because of Zelda and I know 1 person who still says it has "no games" (well that BS sounds so familiar :rolleyes:)

I would say look at the games you're interested in, if the Switch has them and you want to play them on the Switch then I would say buy it.

6. TheAtom

Wait really? People are saying the Switch has no games?? Whaaat... It's been out for a bit over a year and it's already got a humongous library...

7. Angeru

Angeru Member

My wife gifted me one for Christmas and and I think I only played with it like two hours and it’s been collecting dust ever since. It has great games but almost 85% of it’s library is port of games that already came on other platforms but with updated features. The only thing that only interest me right now on the console are the shmups that kmep coming. Otherwise, I’m having more fun going thru my Ps3/4/vita backlog.

8. Vita_Girl

Well the Vita has 1400+ games worldwide and I'm pretty sure at least 50% is out in the west... and people still say it has no games.

The irony is I've never heard someone saying that about the VirtualBoy o_O

9. TheAtom

A different question is of course whether you have heard anyone say anything good about the Virtual Boy in general... XD

But at least the Vita, like the Wii U, took a long time to get there you know, and the early years were pretty rough for big games.

The Switch however has already equalled the Wii U's amount of big quality games in just one year! That's what makes it a little more surprising to me.

10. Vita_Girl

That is because the big guys and indie devs believe in it which is essential to make a console really good.

TheAtom likes this.
  11. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Well for me at least, if the only VB game I had was Virtual Wario Land it would be worth owning the system just for that one game alone. I get such a strong emotional response from playing that game. I can't believe that never took a stab at porting it to the 3DS. They even bothered ported Wario Land 2 to Gameboy Color and the game was only one year old at the time!