J-Stars Victory VS importing?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by akhi216, Jun 26, 2014.

1. akhi216

akhi216 Well-Known Member

I am interested in importing J-Stars Victory VS - I have never imported a game before and I wanted to what I would miss out on in doing so. Would I be able to play online?

2. PSVITAGAMINGUNITE

PSVITAGAMINGUNITE Member

Yeah, it should work no problem. I would recommend that you buy the game from PlayAsia. Seems like a reliable site for imports.

MageOfRevenants likes this.
  3. MageOfRevenants

MageOfRevenants Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    MageOfRevenants
    Ive been considering importing this game aswellm

4. akhi216

Does anyone know if there are DLC or patches for it? As long as I use a Japanese account I will be fine? If there is paid DLC for it how would I go about paying for it?

5. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    I have not heard about DLC for the game but if you wanted to use DLC, you would have to make a Japanese account and buy PSN Card Codes for the japan region to redeem on PSN. You can buy those on places like Play Asia. So if you wanted DLC you could do that. It will probably be a little pricey. Depends on what the DLC is and how much you want it.

Patches you don't have to worry about. Patches are not region locked. As long as you have the cartridge in, you can check for and download patches and updates. I have the Asia version of Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment. I have downloaded patches for that fine even with a US account on my Vita.

6. akhi216

Does anyone know if it requires an online pass?

7. jimmy_123

jimmy_123 Well-Known Member

I've wanted to import this for a while but the one thing stopping me is that horrible voice acting for goku. by the way @akhi216 this is an anime based fighter, I didn't know you were into anime.

8. akhi216

I gave up anime a while ago but I like the Dragonball Z Battle of Z game and J-Stars looks very close to it.

9. jimmy_123

jimmy_123 Well-Known Member

ok cool yeah that makes sense

10. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    I've been wanting to import it but well cost for one but I also had this secret delusional hope that it'd be localized. I just don't know why Jump/Shueisha are so unorganized with their licensing that they can't make this possible. I can't help but wonder if it'd be a little different if Viz were to play a big role in the acquisition process, though I imagine Namco Bandai wouldn't be fond of paying them for that many licenses. I believe Viz already sold Namco Bandai the Master Game license for Naruto, Dragon Ball, One Piece, and some other Jump properties...so if anyone could do it, it's them...Though I guess we'd have to start some movement to show demand or something, ugh I'll just import eventually =/

11. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

There is no online pass or DLC for this game. You might have issues progressing through the "story" mode but I'm sure there's a lot of guides online to read. It's a fighting game, so I can't imagine there's much you could miss.

While it's highly unlikely to happen, I'd wait until Japan Expo (July 2-6) is over before placing an import order. That convention is pretty much the last destination where a western release could be announced this year. I don't think it'll happen (there's too much licensing red tape) but it doesn't hurt to wait a few days.

Kurisutina and akhi216 like this.
  12. akhi216

Thank you very much. There is a guide on Android that looks like it would make menus a breeze (http://goo.gl/d0Upjd). I would use that if I have to go the import route but I will take your advice and wait to see if a localization gets announced for the west at that Japan Expo.

13. Jordy

Jordy Well-Known Member

You will have no issue progressing through the story. You literally travel around J universe in a boat from glowing destination to the next glowing destination. Sometimes a person will tell you to go to a specific place for a side mission.(Which will become a glowing destination) so you can't get lost But the side missions usually just involve fighting someone anyways. And cyclones on the map warp you to other places. Characters will make cameos in story mode. But they usually just say something pertaining to their manga that you don't need to understand to progress in the story. No DLC will ever come out. There is a patch. The description was kanji heavy so I couldn't read it. If you are playing online with a non Japanese psn account it won't let you fight. It will let you get all the way to the fight selection menu and even let you see who you are fighting against. But then it will kick you out and not let you fight. Annoying right? The patch is super duper tiny like 8000 kb. So it probably is something insignificant.

akhi216 likes this.
  14. Darkknezz

Darkknezz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    DarkScollo
    I thought about importing but it's so expensive. Anywhere from 65 to 80 plus shipping

15. Jordy

Jordy Well-Known Member

You could try playing it beating it and then selling it on ebay. Games like this command money on ebay. I bought Japanese Senran Kagura played it for 23 hours then sold it bout 7 months after its release and made $62 on ebay. And I bought the game for $65 so thats a net loss of $3. J Stars will never come to America due to the fact that Japan has different copyright system than America. The J Stars characters have copyrights in all kinds of different places in America. Unlike Smash Bros where the copyrights are mostly under the same place. (except for sonic, snake and pacman). It is worth the $65. Play-Asia has free shipping on items under $200. Its worth the money. And if ur strapped for cash try the playing it till boredom method and reselling it on ebay and making bank method.

16. akhi216

Stryfe and Hana like this.
  17. Hana

Hana Well-Known Member

I am glad I held off on importing it too.