Japanese games worth importing?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Blai, Nov 27, 2015.

1. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I hope Gun Gun Pixies is Eng friendly :)

Retro8bit likes this.
  2. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Extra songs in the l.e.? Is that a rhythm game?

3. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

About Macross Delta, I don't have the game but since it's Bamco I'll tell you how they work:
    For several years now, they've started to release some anime/tokusatsu games in the following format, standard and limited edition. Limited edition are also known as anisong edition, meaning they are bundled with the music from the tv shows. Now, depending on the game you can save those 3-4000 extra yen, since most of them have the option to use your own custom soundtrack.
    It's been like that since the psp/ps3 era at least, my copy of Macross Ultimate Frontier works like that, the Gundam Vs. games and Kamen Rider Musou games are no exception either.
    So long story short, don't support this ridiculous commercial strategy, it's simply pathetic, games should be bundle with the music they are expected to have, not with some cheap generic themes nobody really cares.

zodaex and DankZaku like this.
  4. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

^^ So I can use a custom soundtrack while playing Gundam VS Extreme Force? Wow, I definitely need to look into that if true.

I ended up with the anisong edition (didn't what what it was called, thanks for the info!) on a couple of Bamco import titles cause it was all I could find at the time. I didn't know what the difference was. One of the One Piece games had a cool golden/white cover too.

5. 3VOLVE

3VOLVE PSN ID: Dusean17

Depends. I remember back when they said Digimon wasn't coming to the west and I signed the hell outta that petition telling sony the Vita needs its localization pushed. Then again Sony checked out a long time ago leaving third-parties supporting the vita more than they are sadly.
    So in the end I have to say I pre-ordered Digimon Cyber Slueth and Phantasy Star Nova. Both worth it tons of fun but I recommend ordering them later not upon release. Sony really mishandled the Vita. Hopefully they don't give up in favor of some VR...no offense to the VR players but its nothing compared to my traditional gaming.

6. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Most here have learned the hard way when it comes to Vita titles. Especially if its an Asian ENG import order right away if you can. Too many times they've become increasingly difficult to find, not to mention expensive, if you don't. Its better to play it safe than be sorry later. If you snooze you loose when it comes to the Vita.

7. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

Yeah, better look at it at a per game basis, that's probably the best thing to do, as it's become a common practice with Bamco games. Old Macross games have the custom soubdtrack option and they are not the only ones xP

8. 3VOLVE

Ah. Well I forgot about that.

9. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

£32.00 difference between the vanilla & aniseed versions of Macross Delta Scramble...hhmm...

10. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

:D
    So you just discovered that fact :p

Bandai Namco is really good at milking the poor Japaneses gamers.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

That said i'm rather split in this issue because Bandai Namco doesn't have to add those tracks and clearly in Japan copyright issues are taken very seriously in Japan.
    For what's is worth the last few pages of the digital manual are nothing but a long listing of copyright owners for each tracks featured.

There will be an Anisound edition of Super Robot Wars V so hardcore collectors would try to have the Asian English release + Super Robot Wars V -Premium Anime Song & Sound Edition-.:D

11. Akros

Akros Well-Known Member

With some games, anime mainly, that could be reasonable but when it comes to Kamen Rider and Super Sentai there's basically no excuse since they own most of the rights of both franchises and license the music and sounds for toys every year.

Making your own ost is cheaper but the game loses quite a lot of charisma.

12. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

On that we agree :)

13. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Puyo Puyo Tetris is a great one to import, even considering we will get a western PS4 and Nintendo Switch variants.

14. Mr Tornado

Ha, no! I knew of the price difference when it got released. I was just thinking aloud what to do. :)

15. Kresnik

Kresnik TVL Guest Reviewer

It will be. Bullet Girls is super import friendly, this is the same dev and seems very similar.

OT: Don't think it's been mentioned in here yet, but Drive Girls seems a super easy import.

16. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

Thanks Kresnik for the tip

Shinsei Batteki Drive Girls

Another import friendly game

17. Mr Tornado

Has this been released? For some reason I thought it had been indefinitely delayed. Must be confusing it with something else.o_O

18. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

19. Mr Tornado

Hhm. That happened with Adventure Time at Play Asia. Checking all the usual sites like Nin Nin, Solaris & Nippon Yasan & they have it in stock.

20. 3VOLVE

Genki Tokki: Seven Pirates
    Phantasy Star Nova (Still haven't beat this game myself Jesus...)
    Digimon New World Order (Seeing as how Vita fans are getting screwed once again. FK.)
    Gravity Rush 2 (Oh wait. :p)
    Probably Blue Reflection when it releases inevitably only in Japan....

There's my salt list. You are welcome.

21. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

Lord of Apocalypse

Added this game to the list as it looks like a hack 'n' slash with some japanese subtitles cutscenes in between action. Very playable.

22. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Yeah, its basically a Monster Hunter hack and slash styled game./ I've played a bit of it, and its pretty darn fun for what it is.

23. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

Any suggestions for this playable japanese games list shadowman ?

24. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Seriously? I had good hopes for Gun Gun Pixies, somehow thinking it was CH... Bullet Girls seemed... well... not really good quality.
    Genki Tokki Seven Pairates WILL be localized at least Asian English! (I don't know, but let me dream...)

25. legalalien

legalalien Member

Bullet Girls isn´t a good game but it is fun to play, because of the stupid gameplay. It is like EDF: Cheap but fun and a guilty pleasure! The AI is horrible at times and the graphics... well... err... Boobs everywhere! Does it count? :rolleyes: I´m still looking for the second chapter for a few bucks.

Gun Gun Pixies looks awful if you ask me. Like a not working hybris between Attack on Titan and Bullet Girls.