Just got my first Vita in Dec. 2018

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Airship_Cat, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Airship_Cat

Airship_Cat Member

Hello, I just got my first vita Christmas 2018. I figured it would be best to get one before they get harder to get.

From my wife and with Christmas money, I got started with a PS Vita 3g, unfortunately it was at the newest firmware. But i got a 4gb and a 16gb memory card, Trails of Cold Steel, Trails of Cold Steel II, Tales of Hearts R, Persona 4 Golden, and World of Final Fantasy. I also got the PSVita 3g to microSD adapter for when I can to the hack.

Other than that I collect all games and game systems. I try to focus on games that I would be interested in.
    This is the link to my small collection
    https://vgcollect.com/cloud1771

The 2 staples in our house are Games and LEGOs.

I am also in the discord chat at cloud1771 or Tihniini(FFXIV name)

-Matt

2. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

It's great to have you with us here on the forums! It sounds like you picked out a great initial batch of games to start out with too. When I think back to when I first got my Vita (actually just a PS-TV for the first year and a half) it brings back such great memories of discovering this system's amazing and underrated game library. Since RPGs seem to be your thing, i'm positive that you'll be quite pleased with the system. (especially after seeing your awesome collection of various handhelds). Don't be a stranger and don't hesitate to post a lot here! I'm trying hard myself to remember to keep sharing my thoughts here and continue to make new threads because it can be so much easier sometimes to just pick up my phone for a second and post everything to the Discord. Forums are great for different reasons though, I like how it keeps more of a semi-permanent record up. I've read every forum post on this site, which makes me feel like I know everyone here, at least to a tiny degree which I think is really cool. Discord, at least on smart phone has this annoying auto-scrolling behavior that I can't seem to turn off, so I tend to miss lots of what's discussed there from folks in other time zones and such. Anyways i'm really glad you were able to get in, despite the registrations being closed and the site administrator being completely unresponsive. :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    DojoDan likes this.
  3. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the team!

You got an incredible starter package there! I personally don't feel like hacking is necessary to enjoy your Vita, but good luck getting one with a lower firmware to hack (no sarcasm!) :D

And enjoy the forums!

zodaex what I also have is that longer, more specialized posts feel more at home here. If I want to talk at decent length about a game I have played, it will easily get snowed under casual talk on Discord, whereas here I will post it in the 'What have you been playing' thread, and interested people can read and react still a few days after.

zodaex likes this.
  4. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

howdy and welcome, nice selection of games there, I've completed the first three and they are awesome RPG's, huge time sinks, but good fun!

enjoy your Vita!

5. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Welcome! I agree with everything that's been said already! Especially what Zoda says about discovering what's available, some great memories of watching "Top Vita Games"-style vids on YouTube and being introduced to many games on here, typically 'so and so game is for sale now, buy it quick' lol. Your collection looks nice, I'll definitely spend a few moments going through it, I'm nosy like that :) Enjoy!

6. Linkx41

Linkx41 The King of Hyrule

PSN ID:
    Linkx41
    Welcome to the forums and enjoy the Vita!