Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Ok since this thread has become the go to place for most of us as far as LRG goes I'm going to centralise as much information as I can here for people to use as a reference and avoid some of the repeat questions we've been having.

Current runs to date past-present:
    • Breach & Clear - 1500 copies sold
    • Saturday Morning RPG - 2500 copies
    • Oddworld: New & Tasty - 2500 copies
    • Futuridium - 2000 copies
    • Octodad - 3500 copies
    • Xeodrifter - 2300 copies
    • Soldner X-2 - 3500 copies
    • Rainbow Moon - 3000 copies
    • Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice - 3000 copies
    Next run:
    • Mystery Chronicle / Thomas Was Alone - 5000 and 4000 copies respectively
    Confirmed future runs:
    • Volume
    • Cosmic Star Heroine
    • Y2K
    • Fault Milestone One
    • Nuclear Throne
    • World End Economica
    • Elephant in the Room
    • Cylinder
    Links: Site / Twitter / Facebook / International tracking

FAQ:
    • Runs go up in 3 batches, the first 2 are to sell through all of the stock, the 3rd is for all cancelled orders. So for example if there are 2000 copies of a game, the first 1000 will go up, then second 1000 at a later time. This is to ensure people in different time-zones don't have to stay up all hours to have a chance to buy the games. Any orders that are either cancelled or exceeded the limits set will then result in a 3rd batch going up to sell off these remaining copies.
    • Runs tend to sell out very very quickly (sometimes in a matter of minutes) so pay attention to this thread, LRG social media accounts and set yourself some reminders so you know when the games will be put up for sale.
    • Dates and times for the games going on sale are posted well in advance by LRG.
    • Orders are limited to 1 copy per platform per game, so you can order 1 vita copy and 1 PS4 copy but not 2 vita copies; unless these limits are lifted due to the stock not selling out.
    • There are anti-scalper measures in place but at the end of the day there's only so much LRG can do to stop them.
    • Pre-orders/subscriptions have been considered already but LRG for now have decided not to offer them, it is still in debate and will continue to be considered as an option in the future.
    • Postage options to non-US addresses are continually being re-evaluated to try and lessen the costs but for now $15 delivery is the best that can be achieved.
    • Currently US orders go out slightly faster than others due to the customs declarations that have to be done. As of the Futuridium run there is an external company helping with dispatch.
    • Run sizes are constantly being re-evaluated and are dependant on a number of factors such as previous sales and popularity of the title on offer.
    • No, they won't do another run. It's Limited Run Games not Sort of Limited Run Games.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  2. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

We need AAA titles.

3. Billybobbean

Gotta start small though, they're aiming for bigger titles in the future but they need to make a name for themselves first.

Also we don't really get "AAA" much any more.

zodaex likes this.
  4. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Well, we at least need LRG to port over some very popular (doesn't have to be highly rated) games then.

5. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

I am a huge fan of this idea, so many indie games can get physical releases, oh my wallet will be empty for a while if they make em.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    Roscoe Jones and zodaex like this.
  6. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

7. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

When I saw the news on Twitter I was very interested indeed & I fully support them. Money permitting, I hope to be able to buy any/all of their games that they release in the future.

Going to have to stay up late in order to try to secure their first release!

8. Billybobbean

Yea they made it sound like the order would go live in the evening in the US which will likely put us Europeans at a disadvantage. Maybe if we can keep mentioning to them that it should be at a more sociable time for all regions, may as well get it right first time.

9. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

I'm just gonna set my alarm for midnight and have it ring every hour, on the hour. Too easy.

10. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

The Retro City Rampage preorders through Fangamer went live about 3PM GMT I think, so that would be ideal timing. I'm happy to stay up late though to support them. :)

11. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Ahahahahahahahaha, GMT! Looks like us Aussies are gonna have a hard time, since GMT is now 9:08am and its 8:08pm here in Melbourne, Australia.
    Still gonna be hell with my alarms set :(

12. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

I'll be missing on Breach & Clear, but I definitely want to have Saturday Morning RPG on physical so I'll do any wonders necessary to get it.

13. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

I'm not interested in Breach and Clear, but I will definitely be keeping an eye on this company. The prospect of more physical Vita games can only be a good thing. Physical Super Meat Boy would be awesome, and so would physical VA11 HALL-A. Or how about Sine Mora? I'll be watching this space.

mvrizu likes this.
  14. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

As a collector, I am all for this on principle alone. I guess this initial run of 1500 copies is not going to impress publishers even if they do sell out quickly, but hopefully enough Vita enthusiasts can get behind this and make this company a success. Anyone going out of their way to provide such fan service to Vita collectors of all things is worthy of all the support they can get!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  15. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Lol, fan service ;)

davidrote likes this.
  16. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

Love the idea but forget about them being allowed to go anywhere near games from bigger companies. Digimon and SaGa ain't happening through them. That said, hope they can eventually get some of the high profile and/or acclaimed indie games at least. I do like the idea but I'm not really all that thrilled about Breach & Clear getting a physical release. I still hope it does well for them so that they can build something big for the future.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  17. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I'm all for this kind of thing. I love the idea of digital only titles getting physical releases - both from a collector point of view and on the concept of preserving digital titles once the service goes down.

18. Kresnik

Kresnik TVL Guest Reviewer

I'm going to miss this, aren't I?

The game isn't on EU PSN either, so this is my only chance and I want it :(

19. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

They may not be all Vita related but keep your wallets ready.

20. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

WTH!? One release per month!?? That's a lot!

21. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

So when can we Pre Order this ? :D (Im From Germany) And from which site ?

22. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

http://limitedrungames.com/password

On the 29th of October for $24.99 + $3.99 for domestic shipping. International shipping varies.
    Only 1500 units available worldwide.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  23. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

They won't be. After Breach and Clear the next LE will be Saturday Morning RPG for PS4. LRG said they're going to do PS4 versions first because it's cheaper for them to manufacture.

24. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

So, no more love for Vita after B & C?

25. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

There will be more Vita releases from them, it's just that if they're multi-plat indie, expect the PS4 one to go up first.