Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I think its fairly likely these will happen. Which will be awesome. Especially as I really want Full Throttle.

The_stats_guy likes this.
  2. Kresnik

Kresnik TVL Guest Reviewer

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=237706386&postcount=17120

"So no point in really denying it - Broken Age is coming, but we won't have an official announcement until Wednesday. We were going to announce it today but pushed to Wednesday to give DF's PR agency some more time to get the word out through their channels.

The new trophy list is only pertinent to the Vita version. To explain why that is the case - we actually convinced DF to do this with us by volunteering to do the engineering work on the physical Vita release. In order to do this, we had to rebuild and reconfigure the Vita version under our developer account. This lead to new trophies on that version. The PS4 release is a digital-to-disc remaster, which means it's identical in configuration to the existing digital SKU.

It's our hope that we can reinvest the earnings from Broken Age into paying for the necessary minimum guarantees to get Disney on board to allow the LucasArts games. We'll also have to convince Sony for those. If you want to see those happen, supporting Broken Age is a must since that will determine the viability of the LucasArts games. :)

I'm not making any guarantees here on the LucasArts titles, mind you, this is all wishful thinking. We *REALLY* want to release them physically. I honestly think that will be a much easier thing to do if Broken Age is a complete success."

Digit and stiggsen like this.
  3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I forgot Disney was involved with some of those Lucas Arts games :( That'll make things harder for LRG... Still, I'm fully on board with Broken Age, and I think its a dead cert to sell out (and quick).

DojoDan likes this.
  4. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

My god if they release Grim Fandango... :eek:

DojoDan and zodaex like this.
  5. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

I'll buy a few copies if it means getting full throttle or grim fandango!!

6. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Day of the tentacle physical would be really really cool. I won't even allow Grim Fandango on my memory card because of how huge the game is. On PC it fit on two cd-roms so I didn't expect it to be almost 4 gigs on Vita.

7. stiggsen

stiggsen Well-Known Member

Those LucasArts Games clearly would be awesome. DOTT on cartridge would be superawsome-superstar-status...but convincing mickey mouse that it really is worth it...wow i dont know, do they really care that much? Its only pennys for them:eek:...So its actually hard to believe. But on the other hand ambitious goals are nothing too bad right?! So trying wont hurt. Do it! Go for it LRG!:)
    ...and because point and click adventures were my most favourit genre back in the days of the 486er PC, i will of course add broken age to my collection! Obviously!:D

8. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

What would be even more awesome if LRG could manage that they somehow Port the Monkey Island Collection to the Vita. That would be one of my biggest dreams :D

The_stats_guy, DojoDan and stiggsen like this.
  9. AJ77

AJ77 Well-Known Member

Great news about Broken Age, but I'll eat my shorts to coin a phrase if they convince Disney (they won't)

10. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Better sell your shorts in advance so you have none to eat.

Still...

BROKEN AGE!!!!!!

The_stats_guy likes this.
  11. Sabreman64

Sabreman64 New Member

The other week I placed my first order with Limited Run Games (Mutant Mudds challenge version for the Vita). I live in the UK, and received an email from Limited Run Games on the 15th saying that the game had been despatched. The full tracking history for the parcel is as follows:

5/16/2017 6:04 AM Parcel Data Received, Shipment In Route To US Export Warehouse

And that's it. For the last week, my parcel has been in the US, doing nothing and not going anywhere fast. Is it normal for an international Limited Run Games delivery to take this long to leave the US?

12. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Yes, well for me at least. Some of my orders have taken nearly 5 weeks to arrive in the UK. Just got to be patient.

However, some UK forum users here get their games very quickly, but I've a feeling private jets are being used.

rajat likes this.
  13. MoMoMo

MoMoMo Active Member

Yes, unfortunately this is "normal".

rajat likes this.
  14. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

Don't scare the newbie :p but unfortunately this the truth :(

15. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

For international orders it takes up between 2 to 4 weeks, yes that's normal.

As with the shipping info, it happened twice to me that the package is still in the US while I already had it in my hands, that too isn't uncommon.

16. Exia

Exia New Member

limited run games domestic shipping is not that great either
    . I had order from LRG and play-asia on the same day. Play asia orders arrives faster then LRG. Standard shipping for both.

I guess LRG they use a shipping company. I usually get a shipping confirmation from LRG a few days after ordering. The problem is that the tracking shows the carrier has not receive the package. It sits for over 1 week before its dropped off at the carrier.

17. AJ77

AJ77 Well-Known Member

It is an awful service for $15 for International buyers myself included, people moan at Royal Mail but for £9 near enough the same price you can have a tracked parcel that will get to the US in 3-4 days, compared to 3-4 weeks for what we get.

18. Kresnik

Kresnik TVL Guest Reviewer

DankZaku, AllHasRed and shadowman like this.
  19. Mr Tornado

I very nearly finished Broken Age, but gave up near the end (I forget where). I wonder how many copies they'll be printing? It's going to sell like hot cakes, so I'm hoping it's a large amount.

20. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

I was going to pass since I have it digitally but when Josh said the Vita version is getting a new trophy list... sold, hopefully lol. I really do hope its a large enough run.

21. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Re: print sizes, the product pages already have numbers: 4,500 per platform, two copies per person (Vita, PS4). Seems like a good number, but response also seems to have been overwhelmingly positive, even more so than what I (personally) read when Darius PS4 pricing and print numbers were announced.

Especially fond of this little typo on one of the pages: "Broken physical cartridge for the PlayStation Vita." :D

DankZaku, Mr Tornado and DojoDan like this.
  22. Mr Tornado

Two copies per person? :eek:

23. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

So lrgs releasing Shadow Warrior 2 as well then. Wish they'd say this in the first place. Im going to be charged import tax from SRG.