Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. GreenKoopa

GreenKoopa Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of LRG releases having a second release at the same time via playasia?

For me, the lrg release is not so special anymore as a similar version is available. I think lrg need to sign an exclusivity deal with the developers so they can't do an asian release until some time in the future (2 years?). I don't want to prevent further physical releases, but by the same token i want lrg to kind of maintain that exclusive 'one time only ' availability.

2. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right :D it's a big box with pre-order goodies so for me it's the standard edition of both vita games, already pre-ordered the Asian version of YS from PA

3. Kazumn

Kazumn Well-Known Member

think i'm going to skip going after the y's collectors editon and get 2 regulair copies of each y's game instead so i can have both cover variants.

rajat likes this.
  4. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Nothing for me this week. I feel left out with everyone so excited about Ys. I've got work to do on my car for the MOT :( Good job I bought everything I wanted before I took it in ;)

Just hope you all get what you want!

5. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

It's a long shot but...

...if anyone here isn't going for the CE & is on a super fast internet speed, I'd be very grateful if you could possibly buy one on my behalf, as I'm very slow on ordering so think I'll miss out. :(

6. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of doing the same thing :D

7. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

The YS CE LRG variant sounds tempting, but $54.99 for the game, a (probably made of tear resistant paper) poster and a 72 page artbook is a littlebit steep especially if you count the shipping.

Need to think about it, have already a PA pre-order since months so I will get the game in any case.

8. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

That's why I'm wondering if the artbook is softcover or hardcover, it's a huge difference to me.

9. Mr Tornado

I can buy an extra for you if you'd like. Just pay me when you can. :)

DojoDan likes this.
  10. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

11. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

Who can it be ? you might find someone on LRG forum

12. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Mr Tornado I'm ok really mate. I'll be honest I don't think I'd play Ys much. Have to be extremely picky really such a massive backlog. Cheers tho :)

13. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Well-Known Member

Ahahahaha!! You played them on mobile platform already @Calamity?

I too heard a lot of negative reviews of their games as well but I'm still eager to try and play them. (Have her on my PSN cart and Physical announcement helps make buying decision easier for me).

I like their graphic styles and those I find them kinda rare nowadays on consoles. (I know quiet a number of them are available on mobiles platform but I prefer to play them on consoles).

At worst I can just finish her up and put her on shelves for collection display :D

14. Calamity

I care a lot about characters and story, which Kemco games just can't deliver. Gameplay-wise these aren't too bad.

15. Mr Tornado

Hehe. I should print that out & put it on my bedroom wall.

No luck yet. Guessing everybody is buying a copy.

No worries.

DojoDan likes this.
  16. Calamity

I'm already feeling sorry for the people who bought LawBreakers from LRG and were actually meaning to unseal and play it.

DankZaku likes this.
  17. DankZaku

Yeah I always find it down right hilarious when people try to say its not similar Overwatch. Even LRG said that it wasn't lol but it is. Both clearly took inspiration from TF2. The game isn't bad, its just a day late. I played it on PC since the first alpha, all the way through release. For a day or two then went back to other games. It just doesn't excel at anything. And every other successful shooter does.

Take his comparison of CoD and BF, two games that couldn't be more night and day, where LB/Overwatch are more like sunset and sun rise. People love to hate on CoD, but you would be hard pressed to find a better fast paced arcade shooter on the market today. BF (my personal favorite) on the other hand has huge 64 player matches on large maps with vehicle combat mixed in. They are very different games, that's why they both succeed. LB is very similar to OW, but OW not only has better class structure, the actual mechanics are better. So it loses.

I also remember him saying its the dark souls of FPS lol I still cringe when I heard it again in the video.

Calamity likes this.
  18. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Dark Souls of anything is a stupid phrase, I'm quite frankly sick of it. Crash Bandicoot is now referred to as "the Dark Souls of platforming" (ignoring the fact that CB predates DS by a good decade or two!) its also stupid just because a game is hard its the DS of something. Heaven forbid you actually take the time to learn how to play a game! (seriously CB isn't that hard, I've finished it twice in the last month, once on my Vita, the other time 100%ing it via the PS4 collection).

Anyway, not sure where I was going with that! Can't wait for the Friday games :) Is Ys pre order only? So should I only be aiming for the other game when it goes live and then pre order Ys at my leisure on Friday?

19. Mr Tornado

Yep, 24 hours for Ys & 3PM for Asdivine.

I'm hoping to get a CE at 3PM, then place a second order for Asdivine & Ys regular.

Or try at 11PM to get the CE.

Or hopefully get on a reserve list for the CE.

Or buy the CE from eBay!

20. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

The way you are panicking looks like eBay is your friend :p

21. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Good to know. Gives me plenty of time to get Ys. Glad I'm just getting the normal versions and not trying for any CE's, makes things much less stressful (and gives me more shelf space!)

22. Mr Tornado

I know it's daft to get this worked up over a game, but 'panic' is my middle name...

If only the CE could've been preorder as well...

AllHasRed likes this.
  23. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Yea, it's really unfortunate that the CE still has a predetermined amount, as if being a "real collector" meant that you need those cat-reflexes just to order something you want. It's not like all their games aren't limited editions, even when you can preorder Ys for 24 hours now (which I wholeheartedly appreciate!). But not taking preorders for the CE doesn't feel like it's helping all that much.

One thing that just came to mind though - when we were afraid that Dariusburst PS4 wasn't going to last very long, LRG's argument was that the Japanese-only release had been available already and theirs was more expensive so it shouldn't sell out very quickly. It sold out pretty quickly though. Now an English language Ys standard edition could be preordered since February (?) from various Asian outlets at a similar price point, but LRG's reasoning now is that their release includes French, Italian, Spanish and German language support which the Asian version lacks, thus being a reason why their version is superior. Now I can only speak for myself, but with all the Japanese games that come out on Vita, PS4 and PC from smaller publishers, getting only English localizations and nothing else is what we're used to. And I personally don't remember ever playing a game in German language since the PS1 days when we had no choice. Is that really going to sway a lot of customers?

I hope Ys gets a ton of preorders and I will probably take advantage of them myself when I miss out on the CE, but I feel like there are far more folks who just want the NA version of everything than there are rabid JRPG fans who refuse to play one if it's not in their local language. I could be (and probably am) very wrong though!

Mr Tornado, DankZaku and rajat like this.
  24. DankZaku

Saw over on the forums they announced no bundles for Friday. I think I might sacrifice a goat to the Vita gods between now and then to make sure we can all get our Ys CE's!

AllHasRed likes this.
  25. Calamity

Welp, enjoy your CE lads, I won't be getting one. ;)