Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. AJ77

AJ77 Well-Known Member

Awesome news! One of my favourite games on Neo-Geo!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  2. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Managed to buy Caladrius .. aaaanndd .. 15:03 sold out!

DankZaku likes this.
  3. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Got both. Fastest I've seen PS4 games sell out other than those LRG Limited Editions.

4. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Considering DB also had an Asian release, I was shocked at how fast it went to be honest.

5. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Caladrius Blaze _also_ had an Asian release in addition to DB, so ... I guess shooters are really hot.

6. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

BTW, there anything going on sale next Friday?

7. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Looks like my Kickstarter copy of Plague Road has made it to the UK. Hopefully means I'll get it next week :)

DojoDan likes this.
  8. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Update from LRG.

Hi everyone!

You may have noticed that things have been rather slow recently after a very busy July and August. There is a reason to this - we had a large slate of games scheduled for this month and next, but had to roll them into the future. In late August, the ESRB announced a new industry-wide initiative to offer lower value-priced ratings for physical releases. It is now required by all three platform-holders to have physical games rated by the ESRB. We’re hard at work on getting our upcoming slate rated properly and expect our next physical PlayStation 4 releases to hit on October 13th. These will be our first games to feature ratings printed on the packaging and all games going forward will be rated.

All other US based publishers will be held to the same standard. Unrated physical releases are no more. Thank you for understanding and we’ll see you tomorrow for an October release announcement.

9. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I like to look at the bright side of this change, realizing it sort of makes the Limited Run games I already have even more special.

10. wintermute

wintermute Well-Known Member

Some collectors don't consider the titles without ESRB logo as part of the NTSC titles collection. Those will start buying now.

11. zodaex

The PlayStation 3 was the very last console that devided games by PAL or NTSC designations.
    PS4 and Vita games are only classified by region now. 1,2,3,4,All.

12. wintermute

wintermute Well-Known Member

Sure, Region 1 (which many still call NTSC).

13. zodaex

Well sure. I've noticed that myself actually, which was the reason for my comment.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  14. AJ77

AJ77 Well-Known Member

Well technically there is no such thing as Pal and NTSC anymore for all modern tv/consoles most things are either portables or use hdmi which is neither system, it's a universal format now.

zodaex likes this.
  15. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Been curious, is anyone planning to pick up one of those LRG display stands for their Vita games? I'm planning to snag one and bundle it with my next Vita order.

^This is certainly true. I've seen people in other Vita groups and forums say they plan to buy from Limited Run now that the ESRB logo will be on their releases.

16. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

Whether systems follow a specific region the issue in my opinion is the difference in rating boards. The ESRB logo is an American feature. Games in the UK either feature the BBFC UK rating or the PEGI EU rating. Buying LRG releases with no rating didn't matter because they were basically blank. For someone who specifically wants PAL releases (PEGI/BBFC releases) original LRG releases didn't really stand out. From now on however if you still want to purchase them you'll have to add ESRB games into your collection. I can certainly imagine that being a source of frustration for people.

Personally I own more non EU games than EU ones because they are often cheaper and I couldn't care less what region my game is but I'm sure not everyone thinks that.

DojoDan likes this.
  17. zodaex

LRG has never actually released a PAL or NTSC game though. Collectors who buy PS4 and Vita games thinking they are Pal or NTSC simply don't understand the shift to universal screen formats that happened prior to the PS4's release, and the fact that the Vita was never NTSC or PAL to begin with.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
    Pata likes this.
  18. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

In that case, zodaex, I would like to swap my EU Epic Mickey for an NA Epic Mickey. :D

19. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Anyone here who has the same problem as me ? I just checked my account and my Asdivine Hearts still havent been Shipped (Unfullfilled). How can i contact LRG ?

20. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

My copy of Oceanhorn is unfulfilled, but I sent it to 1 Hold St., so I don't know if it is supposed to say it's unfulfilled until it gets shipped to my real address. o_O

21. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

My Ys 'preorder' & my Ys CE + Asdivine order is still unfulfilled. Looking at the LRG forum, many people have yet to have any orders fulfilled, however Ys CE did say "THIS ITEM IS EXPECTED TO SHIP IN LATE SEPTEMBER OR EARLY OCTOBER." So just need to wait a bit. :)

22. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

Yeh all the things I sent to the hold address are unfulfilled including games that are 'ready to ship'. Seems like it's only fulfilled once it's shipped to your actual address.

Calamity likes this.
  23. MoMoMo

MoMoMo Well-Known Member

Surpise surpise… :)

[​IMG]

24. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Anyone know what's up next vita wise , as i have a few dreamcast games to buy so money is short this month coming.

25. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

The Ys variant sold out in one minute! :eek: Either they had very little stock or it was highly sought after.