Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Got my copy of 2064:ROM. Here's to hoping for the pink cover. Well anything but the one with the 3D art. Passed on Crawl.

2. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

I can undertstand when you have to take the same shit day in day out it's going to get to you but Douglas really needs to take a step back and think before he makes these sort of replies. It only fuels the fire. Apparently I'm crazy because I don't think what you get in the LE is worth the price (which he doesn't take into account is $80 or $87 after shipping to the EU). Everyone has and is entitled to their opinion right or wrong, doesn't make them crazy. I got my YS LE yesterday and I haven't opened it but that thing is hollow as anything, there's almost nothing in there I can hear everything moving about inside...

3. LimitedRunGames

LimitedRunGames Publisher

I apologize if I come off snarky or dickish.

We just really felt like our Windjammers CE was our best one yet. It's also discounted vs the contents and actual costs.

I put up a survey recently on my personal Twitter to see how we can improve for next year, surprised it wasn't listed here since you seem to post my personal Twitter a lot! :D
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JCLKKKJ

I think people forget we are a small company and we take criticism very seriously, being compared to EA is a slap in the face though considering we actively try to improve and communicate with fans.

We are taking a long hard look at the company and making some needed changes. Probably going to do smaller runs again, make our CE's better (steelbook maybe?), and better games overall.

DankZaku likes this.
  4. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Can I ask the thought process behind the pink frisbee idea please?

DankZaku likes this.
  5. DankZaku

For what its worth, I think the actual CE is great. It has both a OST and an item from in game. Plus the cover art is another reason to buy it. The only problem I have is the fact that not everyone will get the LRG exclusive Frisbee. It honestly sucks knowing we have a chance to have a lesser quality CE than others. No one is going to want the one that is already available for sale online. Know what I mean?

Feels weird to voice complaints over a Frisbee LOL

6. LimitedRunGames

The Frisbee was a mistake, we should have made all the CE's have their own color not offered elsewhere and then maybe offer a rare variant color.

DankZaku likes this.
  7. DankZaku

8. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Do you guys plan on having a black friday sale like last year? I'm actually looking for a Lili Limited Edition this time around.

9. LimitedRunGames

Our "black friday" sale will be January 1st! :D

rajat, DankZaku and DojoDan like this.
  10. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Thanks. :D I want to at least get the one game I didn't manage to get (well, two, technically, but the_stats_guy helped with the other one!)

11. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Guessing it's way too late to fix it now?

12. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Any copies of Pirates Curse left? I've been screwed over so many times on ebay it's unreal.

13. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Nice to see you here again guys! Seems like only yesterday I started the thread. I filled in the survey yesterday, hopefully you get some useful feedback in it.

Question in case you read this; have you gotten any useful feedback from the other limited print companies that have popped up in your wake with regards selling processes/pre-order etc and would there be a possibility in teaming up with some of the European distributors in order to maybe reduce shipping costs via a kind of Limited release network?

14. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

I don't know how easy it is to do but my idea of a LE is the game, an artbook, a soundtrack or steelbook or both. At least from my preferences stuff like paper posters, 'junk' extras, keychains, buttons, pins etc is just a waste of time. I'd be much happier to spend a higher amount of money for quality stuff that I'd actually want. That frisbee in the windjammers LE might be interesting to some people but it's not something that I'd play with or display so it would just sit in the box taking up space. An artbook I'd be able to look at, a steelbook would look nice on my shelf, a soundtrack I can listen to. These to me are good inclusions.

Runs being smaller would be nice, there are games that were obviously printed too much for their demand which are nowadays floating around on eBay at below cost. I'm not saying people should be able to make a lot of money reselling your games but standard games including shipping are £30-£31 to the UK. The Swindle is being sold new for £25 on eBay... Thomas was Alone £27.50. There are plenty of other games being sold slightly below the cost (and when you count shipping and fees on eBay, a long way below what was paid).

Better games is a subjective thing, I remember reading in the past you selected games you guys enjoyed and there are some games that haven't reviewed well that I have actually enjoyed but that's not always the case. I don't know if it's possible to run polls of games so sign games wanted by the majority of people rather than just yourself. It might make it easier to sign some games if you can show them data where 1,000's of people have voted that they want their game.

Lastly I'm still waiting/hoping that you'll localise some Japanese only visual novels. It's nice that you released some games that haven't had western releases but also rather pointless. I wish the effort to release games like Deemo and any other games that already had physical english releases elsewhere had been spent trying to target other games instead. Sure you give NA access to DLC but the rest of the world has no more benefit than buying the Asian version.

15. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

When I read how some people react to them on Twitter I can imagine that they get annoyed by that, but there are people that would lose their job immediately if they would react like that, saying someone is crazy for calling a (if not mistaken) $12 dollar frisbee overpriced is not done, quality or not you can buy those things for a dollar and considering both are a piece of plastic most people would complain about the price.

I would prefer to say that people calling that overpriced have their own opinion, no matter if it's the truth or not but calling people crazy is rude and will make the whole situation worse.

Not only NIS, Xseed did the same for example with some games.

I still remember most of NIS their CE's and their boxes can be extremely flimsy, but for $65 I don't expect boxes like the ones from Undertale or YS Viii because that would be unfair

So again a nice looking outer box is great but not a must till a specific price point to me, I expect that kind of stuff in Blizzard CE's because they mostly cost around 80 euros over here.

To start off, if someone hates me in his or her mind but will always act nicely to me I will think and say that person is nice to me because sadly (luckly) I can't read people their minds.

If I say "LRG acts dickish" or "LRG acts like EA" that is based (in this case) on your reactions on Twitter and LRG forum, and before you think "Vita_girl hates us" no I don't because I also read the unfair reactions against you guys on the same Twitter and LRG forum and if I really hated you I would call you probably a**holes which you guys aren't by far (that's around 20 times worse than dickish in my opinion).

Comparing you to EA was a littlebit harsh but that is how I see that based on how you act lately, that's my opinion about it.

But dickish in this case would be comparable "a little sister or brother that refuses to listen BUT afterwards gives you the fault for that".

As an example I start about calling people crazy that find the frisbee overpriced (explained above in this comment by me), calling people crazy no matter if they are right or not is asking for trouble, you could call me crazy for saying that I find the frisbee overpriced and I won't care about that, but for most people that reaction will be like pouring hot oil in fire, it won't go well.

Everybody has their good or bad day, but on the work floor having such personal opinions against customers isn't a good idea and there are enough ways (I did also mention that above in this comment) how you could react, it's not that you must be extremely nice to people that (maybe) act rude but acting rude won't make your own day any better... it will make it worse.

Long story short, comparing you to EA was rude but just a mere opinion, saying you act dickish sometimes isn't as bad as it sounds and calling people crazy won't solve nothing, step in the shoes of the person calling a 12 dollar frisbee overpriced because that's what I would do, think why they call it like that and evaluate what to do about it.

"considering we actively try to improve and communicate with fans."

I know you do, but again sometimes you act to aggressively while it's not always needed...

"It's also discounted vs the contents and actual costs."

I can imagine that BUT that doesn't mean the price isn't too high, I would be sure that if the price was 50 dollar less people would complain compared to now (less = you can't make everybody happy)

Remember this, quality or not but people will complain about a frisbee + paper poster + soundtrack for 35 dollar extra, that's something you could know upfront.

Btw, I like posters and I did collect folded posters from magazines, but you can't compare posters from a magazine (that would cost around 5 euro mostly) to a poster in a 65 dollar CE and say people shouldn't complain... it would be better to say that enough other companies do the same with Vita CE's and LE's, because that is (pricewise) comparable at least.

Jeez this post is longer than it should be...

P.S. price the LE the way you want because in the end that's your choice, but next time think more about what is or what isn't worth it's price, as long as there are regular editions in my opinion that's fine but the only thing I really ask is to stop with multiple cover variants because that's getting out of the hand (like the oddworld one or 2064 one, it's insane to buy a game 3 TIMES for a different cover).

And if you do a multiple cover, make it reversible.

davidrote likes this.
  16. DankZaku

Dang there are copies on eBay specifically of the pink cover for barely $10 more than LRG. I almost bought one lol. Should of waited, oh well.