Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

I'll def try and get Super Gun World 2. I have it on Steam ( I think its less than $10) and it was pretty fun. Its crazy to think that with only 2000 copies its a limit of two per customer on the first batch lol. And they encourage it by offering a gold card for buying the two copies. It should really be one per person.

The vinyl has no purchase limit. If its still there after I try to get the game I'll grab it to add to the SMRPG one. I actually really, really liked Deadline. Still a shame it was sold with a game-breaking bug. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I thought the same but after watching a few gameplay vids I feel I might get frustrated with it. No offence to the game just my feelings really. Pleased for the devs getting a physical release tho.

3. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

I just found this out today! Windjammers is an awesome game and the only hame im interested in this time around. I held out on downloading it [because physical is ALWAYS better] hoping it would get a physical Vita release and... IT'S HERE IT'S HERE. OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT AHHHHHH!! LRG you rule!

4. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

Yeh I think they're under-estimating just how many people like myself buy all the releases and play none of the games... Any that I really like I just get digitally. Certainly going to go for 2, will make for a good trade option if I miss a release down the line.

Mr Tornado and DankZaku like this.
  5. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Got to admit this is the first I've heard about Super Gunworld 2. Just looked it up on Steam, thought the screenshots looked cool, and then read the following in the description: "The sequel no one asked for, to the game that nobody liked!" - I like your style, m07games, and will try my luck at buying this on Friday!

DankZaku likes this.
  6. DankZaku

Early good luck to you guys! I knew there would be many of us here going for it. Always weird how they honestly don't see the demand in stuff they release. I know things sell slow from time to time, but they always sell out.

I'll be on my phone, at the mercy of my cellular network Friday. I'll be out with family shopping (ugh. at the shopping, not my family heh). Going to try and get them to stop about 8:50 for coffee somewhere and wait for the sale lol.

me - "Shh, don't talk to me. This is very important."

them - "How's the coffee?"

me - "Not now. I can talk to you in a few minutes."

7. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I must be receiving subliminal messages from somewhere because even I'm thinking of buying Super Gunworld 2...

Whoever's sending them, STOP IT! :p

8. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

If your wallet is sending the message of not buying it...

LET THE MESSAGES FIGHT!

Mr Tornado likes this.
  9. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Shady new marketing technique by LRG :p

Mr Tornado likes this.
  10. Sundance

Sundance Well-Known Member

Good thing I'm vita only guy and don't care about ps4 releases.

11. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Well, it's the gold card that's tempting. :p

12. DankZaku

heh, I don't blame you since you are trying to collect the cards. I might be evil and go for two myself ;)

They seem to have a ton of inventory lol

"Remaining Inventory: 273%"

13. LimitedRunGames

LimitedRunGames Publisher

We aren't under-estimating based on the survey results most of our customers are no longer full set collectors.
    Our sales have been slow lately too, so we don't expect this to be an instant sell out.

14. Lukey52

Well I can't speak for others but here's my take on it.

I was always picking up 2 copies of each game because I wanted 1 for my collection but buying 1 game and paying $25 + $15 shipping was really expensive. Since at that point you didn't offer hold orders I was able to order 2 games and still have shipping at $15. I'd then be able to sell the 2nd game on eBay for £40 or so so I basically got the 1 game for my collection without any shipping fees.

However as time as gone on and print runs have gone up, maybe some games were not great options? or people just given up collecting... but anyway eBay prices have (apart from a few exceptions) crashed. I sold my spare dariusburst vita title at a loss... Buying a 2nd copy after shipping/fees from eBay I was £5 worse off than if I'd just bought the 1 game for myself.

With this in mind I have avoided picking up 2nd copies of the games unless I know it's a good one that will sell above price. On top of that the hold order thing is amazing. I'm holding say 8 games and getting them shipping for $59 whereas previously that could have cost up to $120. That's a huge difference and makes trying to scrape £1 or £2 off a game on eBay a total waste of time.

Long story short, the days of the LRG scalper are gone. You've lost a market of buyers who simply planned to flip the game. Clearly there are some games you'll get that will still appeal and they sell out in minutes but that is not the norm anymore. Personally I think a game with a print run of just 2,000 is a great hedge simply because the run is so low. If it was on PS vita it would be crazy but even for PS4 it should be ok. But we'll see :D

DankZaku and LimitedRunGames like this.
  15. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but $59 in shipping? Not just $22? I have some games held back too, maybe I should let them be shipped soon...

16. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Well I primarily want the card so if someone doesn't want to go through the trouble of getting one but is willing to trade, I'd be happy to swap an extra.

17. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Copy und pasta from Resetera.

I'm pretty sure the price jump is because of the recent ESRB nonsense. By the way all, I'm the Super GunWorld 2 dev. There was some concern on my end about even being $25 when the core game costs $8, but there's been some pretty low priced games released at $25 on Limited Run and that's the minimum price they're able to do for a release. You're more paying for the luxury of having the physical copy than anything else for games like mine.

As far as that's concerned though, there's a fair amount of content in the game. It's not massive, but it's comparable to the vanilla Shovel Knight in terms of length. There's more to the game than most people realize within the first hour. I actually have long felt that the $8 price was underselling the game and it was worth more than that, but the original game had a poor reputation so I remember purposefully undercharging for the game (in terms of my perceived value) as a way of enticing people back in who hated the first.

The Metacritic for Super is trending to be pretty darn good, but we never got a 4th review to give it an actual score lol.

And a post from LRG.

The game is set at $29.99 for the following reasons:
    1. The print size was low enough to where in this case the ESRB fee would have made this release impossible.
    2. The game has an awesome manual which added to the costs.
    3. The game comes with 5 trading cards.
    4. We wanted to help support the developer.

We don't plan on adding a fee for the ESRB costs as we said we don't want to do that, but for super small runs, it's required or else no one is making any money at all. To be fair my Twitter is constantly tweeted at by people saying they'd pay more to help fight the ESRB costs.

It's only 2,000 copies because we've seen a lot of our sales slow down lately. Could be due to holidays, but regardless we don't imagine this selling out that fast. We also want Joe's game to be a success!

It's still in manufacturing because Sony seems to still be behind right now. When we put Nex Machina on sale we had ordered the game over a month ago and still didn't have a ship date yet for example.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017 at 7:13 PM
  18. Lukey52

When you hold the order you pay $5.50 each time for standard US shipping and when you have the held order shipped you pay $15. At least that's what I get charged?

19. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

Ah okay, thank you for clearing that up. To be honest, I thought you would get all of the standard US postage reimbursed after shipping has occurred, silly me!