Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

LimitedRunGames, Frite and wintermute like this.
  2. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Got my soundtrack bundle secured despite a paypal login issue. Had to check out and select paypal later rather than the usual route but luckily they lasted long enough for me to be 3 mins late.

Sky force anniversary, i feel like that was a PS+ game a few months back. May have to give it a whirl in advance of the sale

Mr Tornado likes this.
  3. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

At this point I think there's a number of games that have been on plus. Personally like that since it means I don't have to unseal the LRG release to play.

4. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was a PS+ game recently. Its an ok game, I 100%ed it, bit grindy in places but its something that I'd be happy to get a physical copy.

LimitedRunGames and wintermute like this.
  5. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I'm a sucker shoot em ups so I have no choice ;)

6. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

I almost skipped Rock Boshers just to feel sensible and save money, but I like the game and it was still in stock all day today, so I caved and got the Vita version.

LimitedRunGames and DojoDan like this.
  7. wintermute

wintermute Well-Known Member

Great! I loved this scrolling shooter and 100% it with pleasure back when it came out. Will gladly buy the physical version to give the developers ever more money (I paid full digital price on the release day). It is a great game and I really recommend it to everyone.

8. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

I like Sky Force, but this will be the third game this month. I've lost track of all the releases I've had to skip.

9. Sundance

Sundance Well-Known Member

I don't know if I can keep up anymore, they really need to slow down and have a fixed amount of releases each month(no exceptions)[preferably not more than 2 releases] and games should only go on sale when LRG have them in hand ready to ship as soon as sale ends.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  10. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

Absolutely spot on, they really need to improve on there shipping times too many excuses all the time ;)

Sundance likes this.
  11. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

2 a month seems like a good amount, I think it's about time things got a bit more curated as far as releases go now that they're a slightly bigger name. I wouldn't even mind most of the time if they just released all the games across 2 days in a month instead of having almost a release a week like it weeks like we've had this month.

As always, its the postage costs that ruin this for a lot of us I think. $25 isn't too bad personally, but when that becomes $40 I have to start re-considering.

12. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Spot on good buddy, I completely agree 100%!

Sundance likes this.
  13. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

If they are going to release several games per month, just release them all in the same day so we save on shipping costs.

No, holding orders not valid. Just release all the games on the 1st day of the month and nothing else till the next month.

Like:

1st february = 4 games
    1st march = 1 game
    1st april= 3 games

or whatever, but all in the same day.

That way we would save so much on shipping by the end of the year.

Retro8bit and AllHasRed like this.
  14. LimitedRunGames

LimitedRunGames Publisher

Good idea but some developers want us to give them their own day or only pair them with 1 other game. Also, releasing too many on one day causes people to get even more overwhelmed and quit.

zodaex likes this.
  15. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

I wish you had some sort of loyalty system so that people who are long time customers didn't pay as much for using the hold shipping option.

I have literally 9 orders on hold right now so I've spent $49.5 (and I think some where the $7.50 rates so probably more) and when I pay to get them sent it will be another $15.

The kicker is that several of the games are not even shipping yet anyway so while I want to get them sent I'm having to wait until they are all shipping so I don't have to pay 2 lots of $15. Then as a new release comes along that's also not shipping right away and I have to wait longer and so on which is why the hold list has got so long...

Don't get me wrong it's much better than the old system of paying full shipping on every release but I still feel like it could be cheaper.

16. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

LRG Store has been updated:

LIMITED RUN #113: THE BIT.TRIP (VITA)

Product is COMING SOON. Check description for details.
    The Bit.TRIP physical cartridge for the PlayStation Vita. Limited to 2,300 copies available worldwide. Region free.

WARNING: This item is limited to TWO per customer.

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-113-the-bit-trip-vita

LIMITED RUN #117: CROIXLEUR SIGMA (VITA)

Product is COMING SOON. Check description for details.
    Croixleur Sigma physical cartridge for the PlayStation Vita. Limited to 3,000 copies available worldwide. Region free.

WARNING: This item is limited to TWO per customer

https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-117-croixleur-sigma-vita

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Flying_Pig likes this.
  17. The_stats_guy

Jan is a very expensive month!!

18. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

I don't see anything scheduled till the 26th.

19. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Waits for the shadowman review on if there worth it ;) :)

20. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

Croixleur on the 26th:

The BIT.TRIP on the 19th:

Retro8bit likes this.
  21. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Can't comment on CROIXLEUR SIGMA, not played that one.

Bit Trip however I have played. Its got several games in the collection, all fairly simple and drastically vary in quality but all are fairly interesting. The only thing that really hurts some games (hence the drastic range of quality) is the controls. There is a super breakout/pong style game (two actually I think?) that are pretty darn hard thanks to the incredibly touchy nature of the controls, making them fairly hard to complete.

There is a rhythm action styled game, which just feels near impossible after a couple of levels, never finished it I don't think. There is a shoot em up game that is pretty fun and one of the best controlling ones in the collection, had lots of fun on that one.

But 99% of the reason I'd recommend this is solely for Bit Trip Runner (the sequel already got a LRG release). Its an incredibly well designed platformer game where you are always running to the right, and only control the actions of your character (jump, slide etc.) but its not an endless runner or randomly generated levels, so this means level design is much, much better than endless runners. And if your collecting the collectables as you go, the soundtrack gets really good (the more you collect, the more layers to the soundtrack is added), it sounds and plays sublime when you get in the zone. It can get fairly tough later on, but I loved it. It'll certainly be the main reason I buy this one!

ninty72 likes this.
  22. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Yikes! Looks like I'll be eating ramen for the rest of the month. It'll be worth it though!

LimitedRunGames likes this.
  23. The_stats_guy

My bit trip vinyl soundtrack is pretty good, so i guess they'll be releasing a CD soundtrack for it, if so, i'll be picking that up too

24. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Seriously? We having 4 separate vita releases this month?

Taking the mick a bit here guys, developers might want their time in the spotlight but 2 releases at a time is the way to go. Your customer base is going to be primarily collectors surely and this isn't fair especially for Europe having $15 delivery almost every week.

Please reign this in.

25. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Shock horror you have not played CROIXLEUR SIGMA, this must be a first lol. ;)

Thanks for the heads up on Bit Trip though , much appreciated. :)