Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

:(

Were you going for the CE or regular?

2. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

I was going for the CE but it sold out in my cart. Standard was gone too by the time I went back to the main page. I got stuck in the checkout queue a lot longer than I ever have before. The Limited Game Gods had other plans for me today. Second batch does tend to move slower so hopefully I can snag one or a standard copy later.

3. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

I do offer a hold order scheme lol. Good luck tonight mate.

DankZaku likes this.
  4. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Sky Force Anniversary and Croixleur Sigma have now shipped ! :) just got the email :)

shirokuro and DojoDan like this.
  5. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.... i need to find a way to get that soundtrack CD for croixleur sigma.... completely missed that there was one for sale on the day

6. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

For those that are interest there’s a interview with limited run games on the Retronauts podcast that’s pretty good and gives some good insight into the hows and whys of the business

[​IMG]

Mr Tornado and zodaex like this.
  7. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Grabbed a Super Hydorah CE :)

8. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

That's great, got the Fallen Legion and Lethal Leauge bundle in the morning, I'll wait for the vita version for Super Hydorah.

zodaex, shirokuro and DankZaku like this.
  9. Mr Tornado

Glad you got one. :)

zodaex and DankZaku like this.
  10. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Got the bundle since I didn't think I could deal with the hassle. Anyone want a PS4 standard Super Hydrobah?

11. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

Limited Run Games' dispatch/shipping times are the biggest joke around. I had a held order I paid for in early January and it wasn't until the middle of february and after several messages to the support page that it was finally dispatched. On top of that every game was from 2017 so they had them all ready. It's the 2nd biggest reason I have stopped collecting all their releases behind there being just too many.

They totally open themselves up for shit from their customers when they effectively presell games several weeks before it's actually ready. I don't know why they can't make sure that they arrange sale dates that are after the games are in stock so that they can send out everything right away and be ready for the next release instead of juggling several different releases all coming in at once.

You would think now that they no longer have a monopoly on the physical market they'd try to improve in order to keep up with the competition. I also remember the early releases, getting the game from payment to my house in the UK in 2-3 weeks tops. Now it's not unusual to not even have it dispatched after that time period...

AJ77 and zodaex like this.
  12. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I agree with you in that it's hard to understand what harm could possibly come from them delaying the release for an extra 3 weeks until they have them on hand. Especially after Skullgirls was something like over a year late and seeing as how we're way past the Breach and Clear/SMRPG days where a single release is going to make or break the company (LRG's has said this themselves) At the same time I've got mixed feelings about this in that they've also said that they have a load of games signed that they need to get released and out there so they can proceed to sign on more games in the future. In a way I feel like the way they are handling things does ultimately get more physical Vita games out there in the wild (and in my hands) than if they were pacing themselves waiting for slow old Sony to have each Vita game release printed one title at a time. I tend to see the good sides as well as the bad in how they operate and try to focus mainly on the good because damn, the Vita and PS-TV are just so awesome to me and in the long run I really want to see it get as many physical releases as possible during it's lifetime. In 5 years I probably won't remember the exact details of how long each individual game took to be shipped to me but i'll definitely still have all these great games in my possession to enjoy. :)

13. Mr Tornado

Did everyone get what they wanted last night? We seem to be missing a few of the TVL regulars in the thread?

Sundance likes this.
  14. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

Fallen Legion for PS Vita :)

Mr Tornado and Sundance like this.
  15. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Got both versions of fallen legion. Decided to keep up with the LRG vita collection, and figured it needed to be paired with the ps4 version to be complete.

The pound to dollar conversion is looking a lot better nowadays isn't it? It feels like i am paying the same price in pounds as last year even though games are an extra £5.

Mr Tornado likes this.
  16. Billybobbean

They mention in the podcast that they recognise they started to take on too many releases last year and it’s burned people out and would maybe aim to change to monthly or bi weekly releases, I’d be hopefully that this solves the problem of not getting stuff dispatched very quickly because I’m fully in agreement that it’s not good vs how it used to be

17. Sundance

Sundance Well-Known Member

Don't know if I can be considered a regular yet but I've got fallen legion vita without any issues.

shirokuro, Pata, DojoDan and 2 others like this.
  18. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

973282742598291456 is not a valid tweet id

Skipped last week's releases (I have other stuff to buy, sorry... I'll wait for a Vita cart of Super Hydorah), but I love Orgain Trail and will 100% get the Vita cart. Hopefully no trouble getting one.

shirokuro and Mr Tornado like this.
  19. Billybobbean

That’s a pretty awesome release, excited about this one. Was there another vita game this Friday..? My head tells me there is but it’s not giving me any evidence

20. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

Sadly i stopped buying LRG Games some month ago... I wanted a full LRG Collection but i cant keep up with this anymore. There are too many games from them and i always need to pay 15$ for shipping every time on top of that.

Only going to buy games im really interested in them like Mercenary Kings, Y2K, Salt and Sanctuary etc.
    Will also pass on Organ Trail...

21. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

There's Kero Blaster for PS4 and Nurse Love Addiction for Vita.

https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com/blogs/news/march-16th

22. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

I've looked at some gameplay, and good lord. I can't think of a single reason why I would want to play this game.

I'm sure there are people who are yearning for retro games from the 70's, but I'm not that old. :p

23. Billybobbean

24. Mr Tornado

Hehe. I was born in 1971, so this game is right up my street. ;)

NinjaMicWZ likes this.
  25. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

Wow, even the exact year The Oregon Trail was released. :p

Mr Tornado likes this.