Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Sundance

Sundance Well-Known Member

I don't see anything interesting that can justify the ridiculous price tag, same old paper junk like poster, lithographs etc... This is the case for the most of LRG's CEs. Also why's SE priced at $29.99 since lrg's policy is to up the digital price by $10?

Colorado Rockie likes this.
  2. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Really happy Cosmic Star Heroine will be made to order! Unfortunately Antiquia Lost won't be, so no snooze button for me.

zodaex and DojoDan like this.
  3. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Gotta admit I agree on the contents being a bit lackluster, cant say any of LRG's collectors editions have appealed to me, but maybe I'm just over collectors editions as a whole nowadays since it normally results in my just having a bigger box on the shelf that I keep the stuff in and never use.

That said Undertale's CE was fantastic, would 100% get more it they were up to that standard.

Sundance likes this.
  4. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

No purchases for me today. Save my money for next Friday.

DankZaku, TheAtom and ninty72 like this.
  5. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Bit of info from Resetera about the CE.

DankZaku and AllHasRed like this.
  6. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Just realized the guys who developed the game are based here in Houston. So now I definitely need to pick up the CE.

zodaex likes this.
  7. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

On LRG's own forum, a fan of their products asked them a similar question, except for about why Night Trap was over their stated policy of 10 dollars over the digital price. The answer that Douglass gave the poster was "Because Night Trap".

I personally took this to mean "We charged extra because we knew we would get away with it and people would buy it anyway" :p

ninty72 likes this.
  8. Sundance

Yeah I remember that thread I even posted this after reading his responses:
    "So if you know game's gonna sell well it's an excuse for increasing prices even though your business model is strictly upping psn price by $10 ($24.99 minimum) but you are ready to make exceptions when it suits your needs? The question is would you decrease the price for $39.99 psn/$49.99LRG title if you predict it's gonna sell slow?"

9. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

Yeh it's pretty shitty to do that but they're entitled to do it... an extra $5 for every order when you sell a few thousand copies adds up. It's a fine line you're dancing though because the backlash could easily hurt sales in the future. Personally I'm at the stage where I only buy games I want and if I'm on the fence something like being charged 29.99 for a game that is only 10 on the store is enough to put me off buying it.

On another note, am I the only one surprised at just how poorly the LE of Pixeljunk 2 sold on PS4? Only 1500 made yet the inventory is at 67% after what 5 hours or something? I wonder how many are buying the standard edition. I can see people being put off by the preorder situation given how well the last ps4 preorder went... game won't even get produced until all the DLC is released so this might not even get shipped this year lol. Probably doesn't help that the standard release is $39.99. I enjoyed the first but I'm not splashing out more than it would cost to pick up the latest releases for this then having to wait months and months to get it. Would have preferred it if they didn't bother including any DLC and had it ready to ship right away for $31.99 (taking off the cost of the season pass).

10. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

I'm not too impressed by the CE... what is the long jewel box thing? Don't get it... are we just getting it because Josh owns the rights to them now? What does it have to do with CSH and what is it supposed to contain for the vita version if not a disc? Also the manual is part of the standard, so shouldn't be listed as a LE content

11. Sundance

Not just manual, let's see what they list on CE page:

• Cosmic Star Heroine physical game for the PlayStation Vita
    • Reversible cover
    • 76 page full-color manual
    • Working Designs influenced long-box jewel case featuring a manual and tray card with gloss and foil embellishments
    • 4 art lithographs
    • Reversible 18 x 24 inch poster
    • CD soundtrack

Reversible cover, Physical game(obviously) and full-color manual are part of the standard edition. So what's really exclusive in this CE?

• Working Designs influenced long-box jewel case featuring a manual and tray card with gloss and foil embellishments
    • 4 art lithographs
    • Reversible 18 x 24 inch poster
    • CD soundtrack

These stuff are paper junk for me and I have 0 interest in the jewel case. The only decent content it includes is a soundtrack but their CE's are so good that people considers CSH CE to be their best. LRG is going full EA

Colorado Rockie and zodaex like this.
  12. Shippo

Shippo Well-Known Member

I was really Hoping that CSH would get a Collectors Edition. Im actually ok with the Stuff thats in there, but that price Tag is absolutly insane. How can these things be 35$?
    If you add to the 65 Dollar the 15 Dollar Shipping this would be 80$ which are around 68€. I Cant remember any US Vita LE/CE to be that Expensive.
    There were much better Vita CE/LEs for much less money than that. Will definitly pass on this one sadly (Maybe someone buys the LE and is ready to Trade this). But for me its waaaaay to expensive :/

Sundance and TheAtom like this.