Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

I am on the "I tried to buy it on both batches but sold out before I could even pay", so if someone wants to sell me a copy or trade it for earlier releases, send me a DM

2. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

In my opinion there is a reason to sometimes offer 2 copies per customer and a good one at that, being games that support ad-hoc multiplayer. I regularly buy 2-3 physical copies of ad-hoc supported games in order to play them 3 player with my friends. I'm not willing to buy these games digitally so for me it's the only way I'm ever going to be able to play these games in multiplayer. (my personal favorite way to play games).

TheAtom, sean and DojoDan like this.
  3. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Oh I can understand that. Its def a good reason when it applies. But this one is single player action RPG. No real reason IMO for two per person other than they just want them to sell out quick like they've mentioned before.

I'm just Salty there is no Sanctuary in which I can buy a copy. Crossing my fingers the waiting list works out. I opened a ticket Friday morning before I found the waiting list on my own and haven't even heard back from them.

4. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

When I first saw it was 2 per person I thought it was a typo but when the run started it still was 2 per person, that's just a stupid decision for such a small run.

5. Rovest

Rovest Active Member

This might be the trend for the last of their titles. There have been a few discord chats about it, some believe there's still 20+ titles coming from LRG... and if thats close to the actual number... 2k production per title might be the number from here on out.

6. sean

sean Well-Known Member

What if we have 30+ games coming and limited carts to work with in the west.

If above is true please LRG swap to a one per on any game that is not ad hoc or multiplayer for vita.

7. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

It's unfortunate but it's obvious they are letting people buy 2 to sell through the stock faster, make it look successful. Doesn't look very impressive when games are still on their site a week + later. At this point if run sizes are going to be 2k for vita I really hope they go down to 1 per person. They'll still sell out of stock fast enough but with 2 it just means a lot of extra scalped eBay copies and at a high premium.

TheAtom likes this.
  8. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Indeed.

2 per person + small run = scalpers buying it and asking higher price because smaller run = "rare"

9. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit

I definitely agree! Although if this rumor is in fact true and scalpers discover it (if they haven't already), then acquiring even the most basic of game is going to be a task even with the one per costumer limit.

Gonna be a rough rest of the year.

Tweeg, sean, DojoDan and 1 other person like this.
  10. Rovest

Rovest Active Member

Warning - just spit balling here, but people have been quoting me, so i thought i might explain... my train of thought on all this.

I was just posing a number we were told back during their E3 conference and youtube lrg gang talking, it was mentioned there was 30 some titles. And They mentioned they would have some surprises in store for us. And this Was info given from their Website originally and then anything Doug and Josh posted on their twitter/forums.

Though the only ones I know of mentioned are still in the works for Release, and if only just recently announced for Release soon.
    Battle Princess Madelyn
    Defenders Quest
    Dragon Fantasy The Volumes of Westeria = Art assets were posted on LRG twitters with cool shirt.
    Forma.8
    House in Fate Morgana
    Iconoclasts
    Mercenary Kings = People are wondering where this is
    Nuclear Throne = No news in a year about this one
    Rabi-Ribi = October? maybe
    Siralim 2
    Spelunky
    YIIIK: A Post Modern RPG

With hints At
    Another World = From LRG's twitter.

And Maybe's for These Six Visual Novels, Which I am not holding my breath on making the cut, due to twitter news about the company sekai basicly unable to buckle down and actually make the game work on the handheld. With at best we'll see only the first one listed.

Sharin no Kuni: The Girl Among the Sunflowers
    Fault Milestone one
    Narcissus 10th Anniversary Anthology
    World End Economica Episode 1
    World End Economica Episode 2
    World End Economica Episode 3

Thats 19 games sofar
    Then there are the releases since E3 June 12th?

Musynx = June 22
    VA-11 HALL-A = June 29th
    R.O.M 2064 = June 29th
    Xenon Valkyrie+ = June 29th - im sure all our wallets cried this day
    Hue = July 20th
    Bastion = July 27th
    Exiles End = July 27th
    Phantom Breaker = August 10th
    Gunhouse = August 24th
    Senran Kagura Bon Appetit! Full Course = August 24th
    Salt and Sanctuary = Sept 14th

Which makes 30. With cancellations like the VN's, we can see more copies of another game pop up maybe? Depending on how Sony makes companies "reserve dates for the" the printing press for Vita carts. Maybe someone else has more info on this?
    but...
    Lets say LRG only purchased 70k-80k Vita Cart boards to be made from the Sony printing press, Besides Vallhalla/rom2064 which were 'huge' print runs compared to the 2k-4k normally... And they've worded "allotments" in the past... Which makes me wonder if they have to Buy a 'round' number even if they don't 'print' anything on said cart. Which means excess useless carts. Which might explain room for Surprises like "Another World" to be ported since they've got extra carts to print on.
    To further push on this 'line of thinking', Josh has mentioned they had to PUT in their orders for Vita Carts by the end of June, so im guessing they put in for an 'X' amount of Vita cart boards in general and as they get closer to 'printing' dates they've reserved, they give board specification details for size of ram, etc.

But please... correct me or teach me something new. I Don't wanna miss out on a game!

TheAtom, DojoDan and Tweeg like this.
  11. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Oh boy, so this is where everything gets tricky, as we truly don't know how the cart committing works, but the theory that LRG had to commit to a number of carts, while seemingly absurd, does seem to fit the implied things which LRG's employees have said in passing. Obviously there must be some manner of a contractual obligation with Sony which prevents them from spilling the proverbial beans on how the order system works, so I doubt we'll learn about it until late 2019 at earliest, if then. But this tweet backs up the cart commit theory rather well.:

Yes, in their E3 Twitch Stream, LRG Josh revealed they had over thirty (30+) Vita games signed for release at that moment, which was the night before E3 actually started. Since then, as Rovest has nicely illustrated, they've had eleven (11) Vita games go on sale, and seven (7) games cancelled. So that is 18 games out of the way, but yet we just got this Tweet from LRG on September 14th.:

Said quote was part of the same Tweet thread in which the previous Tweet I quoted is in and is directly referring to future Vita releases from LRG. This is a crazy amount of games to fathom LRG still has forthcoming for the Vita and raises interesting questions concerning what those titles might be, especially since we only have official confirmation reveals of thirteen (13) titles and long eluded to hints at a 14th title which is rumored to be the bonus game Josh says only people with full LRG Vita sets will receive as a sort of bonus gift for managing to obtain all of their Vita releases sometime after the final game has gone on sale. Known, announced at some point and not stated as cancelled, upcoming LRG releases are.:

- 2018 -
    - 3rd or 4th Quarter
    Rabi-Ribi (TBA)
    Iconoclasts (TBA)

- 2019 -
    - 1st Quarter
    Sharin no Kuni ~The Girl Among the Sunflowers~ (February)
    The House in Fata Morgana: Dreams of the Revenants Edition (TBA)

- Release Dates Not Yet Announced
    Defender's Quest
    (TBA)
    Dragon Fantasy: Book 1: The Volumes of Westeria (TBA)
    Forma.8 (TBA)
    Mercenary Kings (TBA)
    Nuclear Throne (TBA)
    Runner 3 (TBA)
    Siralim 2 (TBA)
    Spelunky (TBA)
    YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (TBA)

And I can not state enough that the fate of Rabi-Ribi is still very much in limbo in my proffesional opinion. Yes, the game has a digital release on PSN, but by all accounts of people I know who bought said version of the game it is horribly buggy to the point of deterring from the ability to even play the game. It is very likely that Sekai Project's inane lack of concern at fixing the bugs in this version of the game before moving on to other projects could be why the PQube quietly cancelled the R2 release of the title. All the same, this is a list of just thirteen titles, including Rabi-Ribi. Leaves the mind to wonder what the other seventeen (17) or more titles yet to be named could be.

sean and Rovest like this.
  12. Rovest

Rovest Active Member

Well it wouldn't be Too far to speculate certain titles like "Riddle Corpse EX" Since the same company made Xenon Valkyrie+, "Fernz Gate" as its another possible fore runner in a surprise release as a Kemco RPG and LRG is a fan of their work. Heck, Have Sekai port Double root Before Crime* After Days to physical could be ideal..... ideally expensive!

*shrugs* Rabi-Ribi was almost mentioned by Josh to be getting a patch or being finalized for its certification through sony?

13. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

Apart from Sharin no Kuni I think all the other VN that were originally announced for vita have been canned by LRG. I don't know what the upcoming releases said in the past but if you look on their site now they all only mention PS4 as a release console (apart from Sharin no Kuni as I said). The house in Fata Morgana also lists ps4/vita so it would seem likely that it's not just a typo with the others.

14. Rovest

Rovest Active Member

That might be But Doug seems to had a fancy of sorts with Two months ago doing a "forum" topic with scheduled releases
    http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4727
    And in that Topic, Doug Then became interested with a Google Calander which also seems to have fallen to the way side. That was upped by Evil Gizmo
    https://calendar.google.com/calenda...roup.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York
    Kinda curious where this would go

15. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

They've been pretty vague on whats still coming and whats not which probably isn't fully in their control but still just saying its up in the air and we don't know is better than saying nothing.

Along with that I've noticed quite a few delays on the production side when they've requested carts. Xenon Valkyrie was the last one I noticed had slipped. Some don't even have ETAs on which is really worrying.

16. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Vallhalla and 2064 are shipping! :)

17. Rovest

Rovest Active Member

The Regular editions are... those lucky enough to have ordered CE's are still waiting for other materials, same with Super Hydorah, and Cosmic Star Heroine other Vita titles.

18. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Thats the annoying part though, it should be the cartridges holding things up!

I'm not annoyed waiting a while in general, i just don't like thousands (not an over exaggeration) of pounds being tied into a single place.... it makes me feel really uneasy.

They are clearly keeping their cash liquid by making us pay before they get their invoices.. which is i guess makes sense for a small business except for the fact that they then pass the risk onto us. Although on that point i'm not sure if paypal still protect us?

Sorry rant over, i'm not as annoyed as the above makes me seem :)

19. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

You get a certain amount of time after paying via Paypal to claim non receipt I can't remember the exact timescale but I think it's around 2-3 months, so if you are preordering a game way in advance and then the company doesn't actually ship when it's due for release there is a good chance the time to claim for non receipt via paypal will have already passed.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    The_stats_guy likes this.
  20. The_stats_guy

Now i'm even less comfortable

21. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

eeek sorry!

I read your question and had to give an honest answer

I bought something from China via Ebay last year and it never arrived, apparently it was resent, I kept going back and forth message after message, he once advised he was giving refund but then kept fobbing me off, Ebay refused to help as the claim had expired (due to him delaying), Paypal did eventually refund me the money.

With Paypal it's currently 45 days from purchase date, potentially changing to six months in November.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/paypal-expanding-return-window-to-six-months-100614.html

22. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

With PayPal they're usually pretty lenient, I have found. So IF it'd be necessary, definitely contact PaypPal. Actually, maybe just contact PayPal about the situation already and see what you get back.

23. Rovest

Rovest Active Member

There have been times where Paypal can and possibly will stop transactions with a company that is actively stealing from its customers. Account funds can be frozen, and even reversed months afterwards if there is cause. But i doubt we have to worry about it from LRG games. Its far more likely with .... Red Art games and the Vita Bards tale...

24. sean

sean Well-Known Member

I'm asking for too much but wish at this point if titles had to locked it per say this year. Could we get the list?

Would be nice to know which games we could cross off and which we still need to try and drum up support before too late.

25. The_stats_guy

I just hope LRG are pushing SRG to release hotline miami 2!!