Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Whoa dude you're right, I had it wrong. Oddly enough it still linked to my page. Weird! 0.0

Fixed*

DojoDan likes this.
  2. sean

sean Well-Known Member

If anyone ends up any doubles in next few month they don't want.
    Please offer them up before ebay.
    Between all our social vita groups I've seen a few miss every run lately.

Also plan for this Saturday from SLG to be safe and be happy if it ends up later in November but yoyo girl finally coming.

DankZaku likes this.
  3. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

I get paid around the 20th so that's where the new month starts for me budgetwise xD
    So I'll be safe if I really want one (or even two??) of those.

They'd better not do Spelunky and Iconoclasts at the same time though...

4. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting on eleven games from LRG, twelve is you count that they will be performing fulfillment of Sharin no Kuni for the TOM KickStarter Campaign.

5. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

6. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Race for the Sun is an endless runner ....where's Ironclasts or Mercenary Kings , I would like a A+++ game rather than a C-

TheAtom and Nikobelakhov like this.
  7. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Nothing for me, yay

TheAtom and Nikobelakhov like this.
  8. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

It's a fun little game that was given out free with PS plus a few years ago... no way it's a $24.99 game though. No wonder they've got a trophy list with a platinum, perfect way to get rid of copies.

TheAtom, Nikobelakhov and Calamity like this.
  9. Rovest

Rovest Active Member

if i wanted endless runners.... "you got a phone right?

TheAtom likes this.
  10. TheAtom

A quick google later and I can join everyone here in their lack of excitement.

Looks like something I'd buy in a digital sale for maybe €3 tops, and I probably then still wouldn't because I already own a game somewhat like it.

With Sayonara UmiharaKawase++ coming out of nowhere (for me anyway) I'm happy LRG's a skipper :D

11. alf

alf Active Member

I see LRG releases are becoming mediocore. If you stop buying from them every little physical game at the exact moment of the release, maybe they will reconsider their "release titles" more. Right now i think they minds are like "We need to release something, so take whatever, they are going to buy it anyway because it's limited / rare / exclusive" :eek:

sean, Terramax and TheAtom like this.
  12. Rovest

Rovest Active Member

Yea.... But they also got a few of us with that 'carrot on a stick'

With an elusive, very exclusive, final, exceedingly, supposedly, oh so hard to get, that 'nes stadium events' sort of rare Final Vita Region 1 game.

13. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I wonder what the chances are i'd get busted if I used a picture of someone else's LRG collection to try and secure that final elusive Vita game. If it really is their very final Vita release, it's not like it would matter if I got banned. :p

I really don't mine paying $200 or whatever they want for it, i'm just principally against buying 10 games that I don't want just for the privilege of buying one that I do. It's like the damn Disney Blu-ray club where you're only entitled to buy the cool exclusive movies if you commit to buying a ton of other blu-ray titles that you may not even want.

14. Rovest

Rovest Active Member

The going price for the "elusive" title would be closer to $2000 (according to scalpers math) considering you've had to spend closer to 2700 dollars to have all the Vita LRG titles currently.

zodaex likes this.
  15. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

Earlier this year or maybe it was even last year they addressed concerns about a number of subpar games they were releasing and stated that they would go for less games and of a higher quality but they first had to clear through the contracts they had already agreed. Now I'm not sure how far ahead they had agreed some things but at this point they are either still clearing off the trash or realised some people will by any old shovelware if it's factory sealed and decided to ignore what they said before.

It's no wonder you can literally buy some of the games brand new off eBay for under £20. The person selling is probably losing something like £10 a game after fees and shipping. Shows how much depth there really is for the poor titles...

16. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    I love Limited Run Games and will always appreciate what they did for the Vita community, that will never change! However since we are on the subject I do gotta agree they are no longer the company that they once were. Whereas before it was all about game preservation, these days it seems like it's just about releasing something just for the sake of doing it. For every Rabi Ribi and Night Trap we get...Gunhouse. They are a business I get it, and in the end they are here to make money. It just seems to me like the passion they once had is gone now. Honestly I can't wait to finish my complete set (yeah I'm part of the problem too) so this way I can be done with all these stressful limited releases, and going forward I'll only be buying what I actually want to play thereafter. The way things should be.

Sorry guys didn't mean to rant, just my 2 cents anyway. :)

TheAtom, McFungos and wintermute like this.
  17. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

Well i think they reached a "critical size" that require them to continue releasing games after games.

The fulfillment issues => Resolved by hiring dedicated staff members
    The customers support issues => Resolved by hiring dedicated staff members

They have to earn enough money to pay all those persons thus they have to keep a publishing pace that get them enough income.

18. TheAtom

Retro8bit I love how after watching some of your YouTube videos, I now read all your comments in your voice XD

McFungos 1) I kind of hate how that makes sense. 2) The thing is though, that they haven't hired dedicated staff members, so that their service is still shitty, but they're still pumping out shovelware on cartridge as if their lives depend on it...

19. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Maybe there is some truth in it (well life is not free)

TheAtom likes this.
  20. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

Does anyone released hold items recently? Mine hasn't still updated since CSH shipped

21. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

Anyone know if there are ever planning to ship Senran Kagura Bon Appetit?

I bought the limited edition version, release date was stated as end of October when i purchased, I've never bought a limited run game before

22. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

1. Senran Kagura Bon Apetit - will be in-hand on Tuesday, November 13th. Collector's edition will be ready the following week.

23. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Welcome to LRG , please enjoy your stay and wait and wait and wait oh and wait. :D