Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

2. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

3. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

Yes not LRG still limited :D

4. wintermute

wintermute Well-Known Member

I wonder if the Retro City Rampage will be different enough to be considered as a part of the full set collection. The inlay now says “vita tv compatible” and the cartridge artwork is completely different. The eBay sellers are already referring to the original release as the “1st edition”. I bought it yesterday just in case and will compare with the old one when it arrives (already shipped same day — very cool!) and decide for myself. I am leaning towards keeping both. Anyone knows whether some content on the cart has been added? I couldn’t find any info on that.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  5. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

wintermute I remember reading on Twitter that the cart content is identical. It's really just a reprint with a different cover (to push sales for variant collectors, I'm sure). It was a tweet in response to a response so I can't seem to find it anymore, but I'm pretty sure of it.

sean and wintermute like this.
  6. sean

sean irishnerd47

wintermute likes this.
  7. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

8. zodaex

Wow this place be dead

9. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Well, no real big (or small) releases these days. Plus the last few LRG releases have been pretty "meh" in my opinion. Last game I got was Bloodstained, just really waiting on Super Meat Boy now and I'm probably done.
    I did get Shakedown Hawaii today, quite looking forward to this!

Vita VR Ps4 likes this.
  10. Vita VR Ps4

Vita VR Ps4 Member

I picked it up as well, I enjoyed Retro City Rampage and the clips of Shakedown Hawaii Ive seen look fun! :)

11. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

yeah I got myself some Shakedown Hawaii, should be good fun!

12. wintermute

Shakedown Hawaii secured. All 4800 sold in <1 day.

Forma 8 and Dragon Fantasy shipped... This means we are only 2 games behind on LRG VITA (Alone With You and Nurse Love Syndrome).

The end is near...

13. wintermute

Alone and Nurse shipped!

0 games behind since.... ever...

14. shadowman

Any news on Super Meatboy's release date yet? Its really the only game that I'm waiting on at this point from LRG.

15. wintermute

Secured both visual novels. >$100 with shipping and tax for standard editions! I hope these are the last vita physicals from LRG — they really started milking it.

16. shadowman

They should still have Super Meat Boy to come, otherwise yeah I'm done with Vita games. I didn't even go for todays. I didn't want to deal with the hassle and didn't feel I needed the game. On the bright side, Bloodstained NES CE arrived and its great. That's me done with Vita collecting, aside from Meat Boy when it pops up.

17. zodaex

They can be your last LRG physicals if you want them to be. There's no need to buy everything just because others are. I tried to do the complete set thing myself with N64 years ago, but I quickly realized that it wasn't doing it for me. (bringing any measure of happiness or satisfaction to my life) Sometimes it helps me to take a step back and try to understand why i'm doing the things that i'm doing. I hope that helps.

shadowman and MoMoMo like this.
  18. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

Got House in Fata Morgana. Looks like the last LRG Vita game will probably be Super Meat Boy unless something else comes up that I've missed.

Not many games left to buy but I still have plenty to play. Vita means life!

zodaex likes this.
  19. wintermute

Heh yeah they can be of course... But! Going for a full SE NA set... I have all 302 games released so far (+ Mexican Epic Mickey 2) and not gonna give up so close to the finish line. Never had a full set for any console (was close on Dreamcast but sold all long ago) + Vita is special to me for some personal reasons...

Just did not expect a company like LRG to jump in out of nowhere and milk it like this. Was expecting around 200 releases in total when I started (it was ~140 when I started and no LRG).

Fortunately i am in a situation where (at least this kind of) money is not an issue and also i am not buying nor collecting any games for any other system except a very occasional PS4 game now and then — i am complaining on a principle :D

20. zodaex

Well while you complain because the games aren't stopping as quickly as you had hoped, I'm on the other side of the fence and am depressed that they are stopping. LRGs is damned if they do, damned if they don't. Anything they decided to do was destined to leave one of us disappointed. Pleasing everyone who is vocal was a doomed endeavor from the start, assuming that's what they were trying to do in the first place.

21. shadowman

I remember when I used to collect everything. Don't really miss those days, all those average Kemco RPG's aren't stuff I was ever gonna play, neither was something like Night Trap (plus that was released broken anyway) so I just passed on stuff. And that was the best choice I made, gave me more money for the games I wanted and meant I didn't run out of shelf space on rubbish.
    Plus some of these releases sell out so fast now... not worth the stress of trying to get everything I think, Salt and Sanctuary really soured me on that experience, and I've never quite gotten over that! (though I did get a copy eventually, worth every penny, fantastic game)

TheAtom and zodaex like this.
  22. wintermute

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 4:01 PM
  23. KaiserDragon

KaiserDragon Well-Known Member

I will most probably picks up "Metal Slug 3" for my collection. Hopefully they do the other from the series as well.

Maybe "Transistor" as well but depend on what are offered if they do a Collector's edition on the game.

24. shadowman

Secured both VIta games. Had my PC crash so had to go to plan B, and ended up getting the games separately (lol) but managed to get both. Guacamelee sold old quick, so surprise as its a fantastic game.

Out of the final bunch, put me down for stuff like Super Meat Boy and Metal Slug 3 (totally in for Special Editions of both).

25. wintermute

Secured both... both sold in seconds.. 12 more to go...