Official Topic LimitedRunGames

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Billybobbean, Oct 8, 2015.

1. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Lol, I woke up late to the below...Unsurprisingly of course.

[​IMG]

2. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

benna likes this.
  3. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

3 available now.

Later = zer0

4. LimitedRunGames

LimitedRunGames Publisher

We are going to free up some stock from some of the large orders, I will alert everyone here! :)

2048Dan, Mr Tornado and SONY like this.
  5. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Thanks LRG, please free one up for me :D

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  6. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

Don't suppose you could say what the largest order was, could you? ;)

7. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

It's gonna be funny when an eBay scalper has to cancel his eBay ad...it'll make me happy.

jmontero likes this.
  8. Angelx434

Angelx434 Active Member

Ahhh I missed it ! I am so disappointed !

9. MikeRox

MikeRox Well-Known Member

Indeed, I have no internet access from work and by the time I got out of work you had already sold out :(

Fingers crossed you're able to get some extra units freed up. I was ordering this as soon as I got home, then found out on the train home it was already gone lol.

10. jmontero

jmontero Well-Known Member

When are Cosmic Star Heroine and Saturday Morning RPG for Vita gonna be release? any released window? or any date in mind on the preorder?

11. jimmy_123

jimmy_123 Well-Known Member

I haven't posted in a while as I have been busy but LimitedRunGames I'd like to say welcome to the vita lounge forum, where you'll probably find the most passionate and enthusiastic gamers around. I also admire the work you guys are doing.

Someone else posted if it's possible to get the atelier games on vita cartridge, I think that's a great idea since they're big games and for newcomers to the series like myself I'm hesitant to try since they take a lot of space on my memory card, also a big one is definitely digimon story cyber sleuth.

P.s as I am currently working in the games industry I understand that there is only so much you can say so if any of this information is out of bounds just say and I won't ask further.

12. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Saturday Morning RPG is the 26th of November, there's already a page for it on the site.

Assuming it'll be monthly, Cosmic Star Heroine should be the December game :)

13. jmontero

Yeah but the one in the website is the Ps4 version only, they said there was going to be a vita version that is why I am asking =)

14. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Must've missed that, good to know!

15. jmontero

This is what they said:

LimitedRunGames said:
    The plan right now is, Vita Breach & Clear, PS4 Saturday Morning RPG, Vita Saturday Morning RPG, PS4 Cosmic Star Heroine, and then Vita Cosmic Star Heroine.

All of our games will be $24.99 as of right now, that would only change if we got a developer that wanted a bigger price tag, but we are trying to keep the price where it is.

But the Cosmic Star Heroine releases might be in the same month. Time will tell!

16. benna

benna Well-Known Member

Sold out day 1. THIS is why i will not support LimitedRunGames.

I despise middlemen. I also I despise these people who buy up all the Collector stock just to gouge people.
    I love my Vita physicals, but I'm not an idiot who is going to just bend over. I'm not someone who is looking to "complete their collection of Vita games". That just sounds like idiocy to me, Vita games have no finite end. And I'm not going to just blindly buy crap games just because I'm suffering from OCD needing to "complete my collection". I'm not going to buy FIFA 12/13/14/15, MLB 12/13/14/15, reality fighters, supremacy MMA just to "Fill" out my "Collection". I refuse to be brainwashed into thinking "wow they printed this game logo on a plastic box" and only made 15 of them... so thats why I NEEEEEEEEEEEED to bend over and spend 3 times as much for a a MIKU Vita! (true story that's the only Vita I would consider paying gouge prices, but i can fight the urge) :p

I don't consider people who have unopened 'sealed' boxes in their collections, TRUE collectors. They are RESELLERS. A True collector wants to open the box and play with their new toy. We are the ones who go "squeeeee" just thinking about our stuff. I speak from years of collecting comic books. I have the "Death of Superman" and its sealed in a black plastic bag. Unopened. I've never read read it, never seen it, and YES I am also an IDIOT for owning this. Its meaningless to me. Its not a collectable, its pure "marketing" idiocy.
    I'm a true Vita collector, and my Vita collection is not available for sale at ANY price. Never Ever. The only way it would leave me, is if you presented a naked unshaven blond with a perfect body in front of me :D

If I'm limitedrungames and want to serve the community of true fans. This is what I would do.
    • I would change my name to PhysicalRunGames
    • I would have a policy that I will take all pre-orders for physical copies of Vita games.
    • I would not have a predeclared "limited" run. I take all orders, as many as I can for a period of 30 days, so that all TRUE collectors can obtain a copy. If the game has good word of mouth and there are 100,000 fans who want a physical copy. Do it.
    • After the 30 day pre-order is over. That is the LIMITED edition number. no more will be produced. EVER.

No surprises here. This is the legacy traditional method of doing business, and I wish SONY, NISA, AKSYS and all companies would adhere to it. Its called serving all customers and all markets.

PROs:
    • Maximize profits for PhysicalRunGames and all publishers. If you can sell more, why not sell more?
    • All people who want a physical copy get one.
    • True collectors are not held at ransom, due to "Limited" expenses. Collecting is fun and affordable again. Wow collecting Fun... whodathought...
    • Garbage stock on store shelves = none.
    • Digital distribution is always there for people who missed out. Game is always there for you to play.
    • Ebay resellers serve a purpose and take up and free slack post PRE-ORDERs... and I'm okay that they gouge. They are serving a purpose of providing stock to people who may have missed out.
    CONs:
    • lots of physical games are available for resell to game hawkers like Gamestop (the scourge of publishers). and so there is no artificial "Limited Edition" hype. This is a PRO for me, because I hate the words "LIMITED" and "EXCLUSIVE". These are marketing terms to me.

No gouging. No artificial market. Everyone who wants one gets one. Maximize profits.
    Win.Win.Win.

SONY likes this.
  17. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

You do have a good point. But remember this guys are playing with with there own money. This can chance if they manager to restock games that sold out or do what they are doing and when it runs out people could "pré"order and limited run guys would produce based in those request. They now Cleary see 1500 units its too low

18. benna

benna Well-Known Member

if it sounds as if im a party pooper. You may be right.
    If you want to be in on that stampede of people who run over people to get that TV on sale on BlackFriday. You go right ahead and enjoy yourself doing so. More power to you.

I'm too old for that. I'd honestly be happy to buy Limitedrungames if they had them available. But I'm not going to fall into that 'disappointment' of not getting one. Nor be obsessed enough to constantly 'overpay' to get one.
    That story about the Bruce Springsteen concert tickets sold-out from Ticketmaster, but Ticketmaster.Reseller side has plenty of tickets for you is just too slimy for me to handle ;) I'll just sit this one out.

SONY likes this.
  19. benna

benna Well-Known Member

Good point. I didnt know they were playing with their own money. See, for me, I never want Limitedrungames to "play with their own money". Thats not a sustainable business, that's gambling and no one wants to see LimitedRunGames, be stuck holding the bag.
    So how bout this instead. Pre-orders go up for 30 days, with a start of 1000 minimum up to what every pre-orders they can take. If they dont get 1000 minimum its not going to happen (just like kickstarter) and they cancel the run. Win Win for everyone.

See, making games that wont ever have a physical is nice of them to offer. But think about it this way as well... what if they got their hands on a REALLY good game (like say Omega Labrynth) and there were 50,000 TRUE collectors and they limited the run to 1500. and everyone is so disappointed they didnt get one. Its kinda like seeing all the people who continue to ask for the English Asian Oreshika 2 card. Its sad thats its so difficult to get. I just don't want to be the one looking at a crying child who didnt get their Senran Kagura for Xmas because the line was a mile long and mommy tried but failed.

Miguel and SONY like this.
  20. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

benna

In regards to being a true games collector, you're absolutely right!
    I believe that you buy games to play them and if you have a little (like what I have) or a huge (what many others @TVL have) collection going then good on you...but FFS don't waste money or time keeping it sealed, etc. because when you die, no one, I mean no one will give a shit about your games collection that you haven't even played yet.

benna likes this.
  21. jandermann1978

jandermann1978 Well-Known Member

...well, I´m glad that companies like Limitedrungames exist first and foremost!!!...not really my personal thing to have, cuz I´m not the greatest physical collector in the universe...but I wish these guys all the luck in the world to make it a profitable business...

benna likes this.
  22. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

So uh, I actually play ALL the games I buy, might take a little time (or a lot in this case) but I'm certainly not buying the games just to sit on a shelf sealed. So insinuating that I'm an "idiot" for being passionate about a handheld isn't exactly the most flattering phrase you could use Benna!

zodaex, davidrote and jmontero like this.
  23. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Well, I've played all my games. I'm not a finisher of games but at least each and every game has been loaded up on my Vita to play.
    Some of you hoarders @TVL should do what I do instead of wasting money...when you all know that there are millions of starving people in the world.
    Or you can just ignore those poor people and just give to your charities several times a year to feel better about yourself.

24. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Well then we have different playstyles. I won't just load up a game and then move onto the next etc. I'd rather focus on a couple of games at a time - at the moment being Broken Sword 5, Farming Sim '16, Super Meat Boy and 1001 Spikes. Three of which I've now completed, with Farming Sim underway with 25 or so hours worth of play time. Also, I work hard enough for my money to spend it/save it as I see fit thanks very much, so I'd appreciate you not telling me I'm wasting money...

zodaex and benna like this.
  25. SONY

SONY Well-Known Member

Do whatever you want with your money but I'm telling you now...no one will give one fudge at the end of the day about your games collection, let alone your PC gaming or video gaming "acolades".

benna likes this.