London Detective Mysteria Physical ~ Future Limited Run Copy?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Miroku, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Miroku

Miroku Member

Hey, since I'm new to the Vita, I don't know how Limited Run games generally are chosen, but is there any chance for a Visual Novel to be chosen as a Limited Run game?

I'm currently playing London Detective Mysteria and enjoying it and wish there was a physical version.

~UPDATE~

So I found a Twitter post from Limited Run games regarding this on Jul.10.2018

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  2. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Pfoooo... There's a few things to consider here. Limited Run's vita copies are limited. The production in the West is stopping and from what it looks like, they won't be getting into any new deals over what they already have settled on. I could be wrong, and maybe others will correct me on this though.

Further, LDM is an otome visual novel, making it even more niche than just any visual novel. However, Nurse Love Addiction I'm pretty sure is a VN as well, so it's not like VNs are a no go per se. I think it's enough to say you shouldn't count on it, probably. There are probably more popular indie games that they'd choose before getting into a deal with a more established publisher like Xseed over one of their incredibly niche games.

If anything, you're probably best off contacting them via Twitter, and perhaps use the #OtomeArmada hashtag and maybe other otome fans will join in. You could even request a physical version from Xseed themselves, although I can imagine it's not commercially viable for them.

As for the game itself, what do you like about it? My wife was interested but the art didn't quite grip her as much as some of the Otomate/Idea Factory games' art does (think Amnesia, Hakuoki, Psychedelica, etc.). Is the story interesting enough to compensate?

3. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

This is more of a Aksys Games question really Miroku. And the cut off date to submit for a physical production of Vita games is now months behind us, so unless Aksys Games already submitted a pending production order request in to Sony prior to the cut off date, there is virtually no chance of a physical English release of this game happening for Vita.

4. Miroku

Miroku Member

Oh I have Hakuoki also. Have only played a little but been enjoying it. It's actually quiet funny how I stumbled upon Otome Visual Novels. I didn't know Otome existed apart from a few weeks ago. I always really wanted to get into visual novels, though I didn't want to play them on PS4 or PC. I wanted to enjoy them on a portable device and so glad the Vita delivers in this regard. I started checking out the physical release of Visual novels and it basically has been ending up with me mostly wanting to check out the Otome ones haha. I'm a guy, but for some reason I really love the otome style visual novels. They just seem so relaxed haha. I'm also looking to pick up 7'scralet & Root Letter though root letter isn't Otome I believe.

So regarding London Detective, personally I really enjoyed the demo. It has some nice easy going humor, and the concept seems interesting since it's about detectives.

SPOILER ALERT FOR DEMO!!!!

~~~~~~

In the Demo~~~~~~~you don't get to play much, but if introduces some characters and your looking for a missing cat for the queen! It's quiet amusing actually....the demo cuts off as soon as you find the cat and are offered to join a detective school from the queen. Ends there. I personally loved it haha.

~~~~~~

SPOILER END

~~~~~~

I always boycott none physical games, but with Vita it seems this won't be possible since it's not the developers fault since they don't have the options anyways. I want to support games like this from developers and developers who support the Vita overall, so I will be picking up the digital copy once it official comes out since I really enjoyed the demo and they deserve my support :)

5. TheAtom

Tweeg believe it or not, Aksys didn't do London Detective Mysteria. If they did, I kind of feel we would've gotten a physical version. LDM is done by Xseed. :D

Oh damn, there's a demo! Awesome! Time to give that a shot then :D

Have you tried Steins;Gate already?

But I do get it, I watch along while my wife plays them and they're often just good shoujo stories, and I love me some good shoujo manga too.

6. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

It's XSeed?! Man, I should pay more attention to this stuff, but my aversion to digital-only media always kicks in when I don't see the games in question getting physical releases.

7. Miroku

Miroku Member

So Xseed responded back to me:

"Currently there are no plans for a physical release but we can listen to your feedback."

So I believe 99% digital only haha. But I'll still support the digital version :)

TheAtom likes this.
  8. TheAtom

Especially in these times for the Vita, it's the best thing to do

9. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Played the demo to this a while back, will definitely purchase if it gets a physical release.