Looney Tunes Galactic Sports

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Mr Tornado, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

2. jmontero

jmontero Well-Known Member

In the Spanish blog it says it will be released on May 25th =)

I think it is made by a Spanish developer so I guess that is why is coming here earlier and that would mean it is releasing on physical

3. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

Vita means life.

4. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

And just as I was complaining about first party support yesterday. Which Spanish developer btw? Not that I'm expecting a masterpiece or that I will purchase this product but it would be interesting to know.

5. jmontero

Virtual Toys
    the brought several games to psp and the muppets to the vita I think

6. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

Thanks. Sounds like it might to be best to keep expectations in check then. Strange how The Muppets isn't available in America yet btw. Wasn't expecting a retail copy but it's not even on PSN.

7. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Same developer as Muppets? Well my expectations have been destroyed. That game was a mess... I really hope that this one is much better than Muppets.

8. MikeRox

MikeRox Well-Known Member

9. Will Hernandez

Will Hernandez Active Member

PSN ID:
    I_AM_NOT_A_FISH
    I'm strangely excited for this? AND it's getting a physical release? WOO!

10. MikeRox

I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet. The developer don't have a great track record. :(

Will Hernandez likes this.
  11. jmontero

They did the muppets, I would expect something similar, the Geronimo Stilton games for the psp had a huge following in Spain but we'll see how it turns out

12. MikeRox

Precisely my point! :p to be fair, The Muppets wasn't awful, it's just on a platform already teeming with some of the finest platform games ever created. Had it been an FPS or such of comparable quality, it'd probably get a lot more praise.

It's strange how Spain is the driver of so many Vita games lately. Tadeo Jones, Invizimals, Muppets etc.

I also noticed that Minecraft on Vita actually made the December top 10 all formats chart in Spain. I wonder if the console is actually performing pretty well there with the younger audiences.

13. Mr Tornado

Anyone pre-ordered this one? Amazon.uk is still showing 22 May as the release date, but my pre-order hasn't dispatched yet.

Edit

GAME are saying it's released next week.

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  14. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

Don't forget Reality Fighters! ;)

The Invizimals franchise is pretty big in Spain and southern Europe. My guess is that a lot of people bought Vitas just for that game.

15. Barcellona

Barcellona Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    bskolz1983
    I'm living in Spain and Vita is doing a lot better than in Germany (as I've seen there). Unfortunetly, Spain is not the most important market in total numbers in the world. The Vita library for children games is already good with all that Lego games, Invizimals, etc. but has direct competition with Nintendo (and smartphones), the adult market has here (and in many other countries) 2 really big franchises - Call of Duty and Fifa, and Vita is not doing good there.

16. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's the cheapest about but in the UK Grainger games have this for £15 which is a tenner cheaper than game and £8 less than Amazon last I checked.
    They also seem to have put out Operation Abyss early possibly by mistake for £33.

[​IMG]

Murphy likes this.
  17. Mr Tornado

^^ Yep, MikeRox spotted it late last week & saved me some money, as I was waiting on an Amazon pre-order. :)

Edit

Forgot Operation Abyss was out this week, plus Steins Gate!

18. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Tadeo Jaones, Reality Fighters, Muppets... Its like the trifecta of worst games for the system! Well, Playstation Pets might manage to sneak in there...

Props to the Invizimals games though, I played Alliance on the Vita and loved that game a lot, ended up plat'ing it and getting the Spanish exclusive edition of Resistance.

Back on topic, got my copy of this game coming, not expecting anything from the game, I'll give it a shot as I might be surprised...

19. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Got the psy kogo-whatever edition or Steins coming from rice digital it's a pretty good week all in all.

20. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

it's gotta be better than Best of Arcade Games at least

MikeRox likes this.
  21. MikeRox

Is there any feedback on Galactic Sports yet?

Ah Best of Arcade, could it be an even worse £25 than Jonah Lomu Rugby is? I have to buy that soon >_<

22. NinjaMicWZ

NinjaMicWZ Well-Known Member

It's definitely wayyyyyy better than Best of Arcade Games lol, which isn't hard to do give that BoAG is probably the worst game I've ever owned.

This is actually kind fun, it's just app-oriented and shovelware designed fundamentals like a bargain bin Wii game or something, but not bad. I'd say it's actually a decent game considering the long history of terrible Looney Tunes/characters games out there. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone looking for a serious, good game, but I'm having fun with it and I don't mind owning it for the collection. Everything works fine, controls are fine, mini games do what they're supposed to so far etc.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  23. AceofOpus

AceofOpus Member

How does it compare to the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games series? Also is/are there any Space Jam reference(s)?

These are both honest questions of mine.

TEKTORO likes this.
  24. MikeRox

Okay, I've spent a bit of time with it now.

It's a far far better game than I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, it's nowhere near the level of the best sports games. But each event is at least interesting. Very very bare bones though. Can certainly see younger gamers enjoying it though. Everything works as it is meant to do, I've not come across any glaring glitches and it's surprisingly competent.

The graphics are actually surprisingly nice too (runs on the Unity engine). Smooth frame rates and very nice models of the characters. It's definitely got the look of Looney Tunes. I did quite enjoy the archery with the gyroscopic controls and the Golf is alright too. However as Ninja says, it's a lot more Wii Mini Game Compilation than it is say Olympics compilation and these would be right at home on an phone or tablet.

25. MikeRox

The games are I would say a bit more basic than Mario & Sonic.

No Space Jam references, but there's no voice acting or anything at all.