Loungecraft - our very own 24/7 Minecraft Vita Edition Server!

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita & PlayStation TV Social Lounge' started by zodaex, Mar 9, 2017.

1. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

[​IMG]

Introducing LoungeCraft! Our very own 24 hour Minecraft Vita Edition server that is maintained, supported and moderated with the utmost passion and care. It's a normal difficulty survival world, with only mob griefing disabled simply to protect other player's builds from accidentally being blasted by a sneaky creeper's explosion or snatched by a rogue enderman.
    Voice chat is active on the server so there's no need to muck with the party chat app or anything else. Minecraft's voice chat isn't enabled by default however so don't forget to enable it in your sound options first. It's also possible to send fellow members a PSN message in case they are not online or if you are too shy to use your mic. (you shouldn't be shy though because we have players of all ages and languages) Every player is entitled to one free Ender Chest. If you'd like one then just ask me or Hudson for it. For the most part the majority of our members have been just great, however as you can see from the short list down below, not everybody has. If you see anyone break the rules please tell me [ZodaEX] or Hudson [Hudsontj080501] via PSN message and we'll take care of everything. I'm proud to say that we've got a very robust backup system. If anything ever were to go wrong i'm able to restore everything with ease.

Brand new players joining Lounge Craft will be introduced gradually at a maximum of one new member per day. If you would like to join our private Lounge Craft world then make a post here saying so, your intentions for playing on the server and your PSN name.

Rules
    -No griefing, harassing or stealing. This is taken very seriously and will result in a ban.
    -No intentionally killing other players unless it's in mutual fun
    -Don't go looking threw other player's chests. Although it's not likely you will be banned outright for doing this, if goods come up stolen then it will not look good on your behalf.
    -If you have a loud TV on in the background, turn off your mic!

-Each player can have a maximum of 30 animals in their personal farm for performance reasons
    -Respect the environment. Don't ever just lazily chop off the lower portion of a tree's trunk leaving the rest floating. Don't clear every tree of a specific type in an area without replanting the saplings. Don't destroy/mine NPC Villiages, Ocean Monuments or Woodland Mansions
    -Mark your home and other structures that belong to you with a sign. This is for my benefit, as well as yours making it clear to others that the property or build belongs to you.
    -If you opt into PVP, then you must follow an additional subset of rules down below.

So whoever wants into Lounge Craft, just post here with the info I asked for and then we can all create and share our own kickass world together for years to come.

Active Player List:
    1-Zodasaur- Server Host
    2-Hudsontj080501- Server Moderator
    3-KingApplesauces- Always on PS4
    4-N1shala- First Member from TVL!
    5-Undoingsmile
    6-Timmyrocks88- Senior Member
    7-FighterPilotTheo- Redstone Inventor
    8-Mjcmarcosrfff22
    9-Nick_RebelZ- The guy who fell down the well and was never seen again
    10-Nightstar9

11-Sanderth3
    12-Diabetic-prodigy- Pie Hog
    13-Ell3y0- Supply Store Entrepreneur
    14-Coolman916- Timmy's brother
    15-Skullnkings

16-Vincent_Ukentai
    17-soul_reaper7889
    18-Gekkoo
    19-ItsZaidySuper
    20-TriDa04
    21-Renegade Bastard- Watch out for this guy
    22-Den_Den72
    23-RoboAddy- Vita Enthusiast
    24-EnderGaming11823
    25-Rbrtvtlnk- Resident Redstone Genius
    26-CallumBoy11

27-Vthebest22
    28-Alexandria83_
    29-Dude1from1odessa
    30-Justinbug22
    31-Matteotac
    32-Lothinilus_US
    33-CallumBoy11
    34-Mpd_psy-ko
    35-JoryJines
    36-Skiddie77
    37-Coffee_table102
    38-Smokey2309- RBRTVTLNK 's brother
    39-BossAssZombies- Garden Queen
    40-Desertfox10302- Pervy Furry
    41-NecrodieXIII
    42-HBOPockets- Bird Entertainer

43-Iprokillz21
    44-Browngamble
    45-ETHeR___1- Mountain Master
    46-Mrjordant
    47-XdAvZoYx- Llama Rider
    48-VinMannieVita- Team Player
    49-Onealb1996
    50-ThatGrapeOne
    51-R3QU13MALPH4
    52-Firecutz231- Double Poster
    53-RetroGameReaper
    54-Outkast_L
    55-Desmondnerd- Reformed Terrorist

56-JanFerPan
    57-Nightstar9
    58-Johnfc18
    59-JuniorBK
    60-BilboBaguette17
    61-Henryfry1
    62-Brandon_the_don
    63-Bloodbroz1999
    64-Shabraiz123- recruited by Desmondnerd
    65-Matt_FSantos

***Limited PVP Registry and Info***
    Due to popular request, we now have a registry of players that have opted into free-for-all style limited PVP. If you choose to register as a LoungeCraft PVPer then you must follow this additional subset of rules in addition to the regular server rules.

LoungeCraft PVP Registry Specific Rules
    -You are only allowed to freely PVP against other players on this PVP registry, opening killing any players who have not opted into PVP is strictly prohibited
    -If you successfully kill another PVP player then you are fully entitled to take any and all items and exp orbs that they drop. All this stuff is yours now.
    -Each individual PVP player is entitled to have one "PVP Base". A PVP player's base is their one and only save haven from other rival PVP players. Unless they have permission from the owner of the base, Rival PVP players are never permitted to enter each other's base.
    -It is NOT okay to steal anything from or greif any other player's chests, home or PVP base. In all circumstances this is against the rules.
    -Once you join the PVP registry then it is a requirement to stay on for a minimum of 30 days. After 30 days then you are free to be removed from the registry any time you'd like.

PVP Registry
    -Desmondnerd
    -Shabraiz123

List of Permanently banned players:
    --Manni332 *Banned for griefing the community farm multiple times*
    --PatronusAlex *Banned for TNT bombing the server's spawn area*
    --Solidsnake4772 *Banned for Greifing an unclaimed Woodland Mansion*
    --Holowolfy *Banned for greifing another fellow player's house*
    --Whitneylovewolfy *Banned for being recruited by someone who was banned (Holowolfy)*
    --Neillybabies *Banned for claiming another player's house as his own*
    --Hasson5830 *Banned for greifing another player's house*
    --Trueshabraiz123 *Banned for stealing*
    --MountainDewMage *Banned for greifing another player's house*

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Roscoe Jones, Davzoy and DankZaku like this.
  2. zodaex

We have our very first member today on Lounge Craft! I'd like to introduce and welcome to the server, King Applesauces from minecraftforum.net!
    Also.. we had a bit of a mishap in the main village last night where zombies invaded the town and turned all the villagers into the living dead. So well.... there are 5 empty houses available in the main village for the first players who want to claim one for themselves. XD

3. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

I've never actually played Minecraft. Keep meaning to pick up an EU copy but never got around to it.

4. zodaex

Want one of mine? I don't need 6 copies of Minecraft and you'd be a great addition to the server.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    DankZaku likes this.
  5. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

haha why do you have six copies :)

With so many games out right now not sure when I would have time to play, def something that's been on my list to try out though. Zelda, I Am Setsuna and Horizon right now. Soon Persona 5 and Gods Wars. SRW: V is staring at me as well! How much do you want for a copy?

6. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Active Member

I can delete this post if needed to not clutter this thread so just let me know.

I have never played Minecraft but have seen my kids play it on other platforms. What exactly do you do?

7. n1shala

n1shala New Member

Hi, would love to join. Have been playing minecraft and playstation for ages. Love the vita version as I can play my ps3 worlds on the go. My psn name is n1shala (same as my username).
    Ps. By the way, how would a 24hour server work? I didn't know there was a server feature yet.

8. zodaex

I never meant to acquire so many! When I first bought Minecraft it was digital-only on all platforms so I naturally went with the PC version since it supports mods and dedicated servers. So fast forward several years to 2014 when I got my PS-TV, Minecraft was among one of the first games I bought. Stupidly, MC is digital only in the U.S. so I ordered the cheapest used cartridge version that I could find on eBay which happened to be from a Russian seller. Well a month and a half later my game still hasn't showed up and was way past the delivery window so I contacted the seller, got a full refund and ordered another copy this time from a seller in the United Kingdom. Well 3 weeks later after I had already received the U.K. version, the Russian copy showed up as well so at that point I was up to 3 copies.
    As much as I loved both the PC and Vita versions of Minecraft I was always very jealous of the split-screen multiplayer that the console versions of Minecraft enjoyed. At this point I didn't have a PS3 or a X360 and had zero desire to ever get either so when 4J studios finally decided to physically publish the Wii-U version of Minecraft I excitedly bought it day 1.
    My 5th copy of Minecraft came as a pack-in game bundled with my L.E. Minecraft edition PS-Vita. I didn't want to buy Vita Minecraft again, but I was forced to in order to buy this particular PS-Vita lol.
    Copy number 6 I technically don't have in my hands yet, but i've got Minecraft Switch on pre-order for a bargain price of $59.99+tax.
    Oh yeah as far as the price for the game, I was going to have you pay it of by mining 20 diamonds for me once you get in the server. However I hear you about that Super Robot Wars V! :D I just got mine in yesterday and am very excited to dive into it. It's one of the few English Asian releases I didn't hesitate on and it's premise appeals to me a lot. If you'd rather buy it outright i'd sell it to you for $15 dollars shipped. It's in immaculate mint condition and has only been played once, however be warned that since it is the Japanese version the meaning of the X and O buttons are swapped. However if this really if your first time playing Minecraft I don't see why it would make a difference because you don't have ingrained muscle memory for it to work the opposite way. :)

With Minecraft, to get the most mileage from the game it is largely about setting your own goals for the meat of the gameplay. It is possible to "beat the game" in a traditional sense and get the credits to roll, but I rarely see people trying to do that. I've certainly never come close to doing it before. Most people i've talked to say that fighting and defeating the final boss (The Ender Dragon) is a chore and not particularly fun in it's self to do so I tend to just do whatever strikes my fancy at the time. In my childhood I played with legos constantly and it was always a dream of mine to have an infinite supply of legos at my disposal so I not only wouldn't be limited to the small selection of blocks I had on hand, but also would never have to break down my very favorite creations in order to build new ones. Minecraft allows me to do this, cooperatively while hanging out with my friends. In my opinion it makes for a very relaxing and chill gameplay experience (as long as you stay out of that fricking Nether dimension!) I also tended a vegetable garden threwout my childhood and I absolutely love the farming in Minecraft and the way it works.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    DojoDan, n1shala and TriOpticon like this.
  9. n1shala

n1shala New Member

Thanks for adding me, I've just joined it. Btw, how many are on the server?

zodaex likes this.
  10. zodaex

Just 3 of us at the moment, but i'll be adding a 4th player later on today when I get on the server. You can hit select to see how many people are actively on the server.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  11. sean

sean Well-Known Member

How many people does the vita support at one time on minecraft? I'm not sure I'm ready to get sucked just yet but I have been having the itch to build another automated subway system with roller coaster attached. I get lost in this game farming for goodies to play electric mad scientist.

12. zodaex

4 People at the same time, but so far it has never filled up completely.

Edit:It's come to my attention that the server was running an out of date version of Minecraft, but i've updated it just now and brought the server back online so the server should be joinable again now. Make sure to let me know if anyone notices server's version falls out of date. It's hard for me to notice because I play directly on the server so it always works for me. :p

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  13. zodaex

As of today Lounge Craft is better than ever. I just got done buying and setting up a second, dedicated internet connection line for Lounge Craft so the server doesn't have to share the same line that I use myself for playing online games, web surfing and coming soon in the future my own Twitch TV channel. Now I don't have to feel concerned for the server's latency if I feel like hammering my internet connection. Admittingly It's costing me twice as much money for internet service now, but you folks are worth it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  14. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Active Member

zodaex your dedication is tempting me into buying Minecraft!

zodaex likes this.
  15. zodaex

LoungeCraft registrations will be closed for the next 10 days. One of LoungeCraft's 12 members started griefing the server a few days ago so I need to limit new members from joining until I discover who is greifing other member's homes and stealing their items. I don't expect it to take me long to catch him. Honestly the griefs have been so pathetic that it's taken me a few days to realize his damages were intentional. Existing members might want to limit the time they invest into building and gathering materials in the next 10 days because I expect to probably have to roll the server's save file back once the griefer re-emerges.

Edit: Manni332 was the griefer. I caught him in the act trampling the community farm. Registrations now re-open!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Renegade Bastard likes this.
  16. RoboAddy

RoboAddy Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    Yeah I'll play.

I just wanna make a comfy house tbh.

zodaex likes this.
  17. zodaex

Absolutely you can. I just sent you a friend invite from the server so once you accept that you'll be able to drop in at any time. Just FYI we had a griefing incident on the server two nights ago where someone ran in and obviously did a 5 minute speed grief of the spawn village. Sadly since the server had randomly lost it's psn connection that night I was unable to see the log of players that had been on it, and in my rush out the door to work in the morning I did a manual save that one time without flying over the map to check for chaos and, well the one time I didn't do my flyover is when I get griefed. Anyways as bad as it looks it won't be hard at all to fix in 30 minutes or so. It's clear to me they did this grief as fast as possible to try to avoid getting caught. If you see anyone on the server with suspicious behavior please let me know, however i'm sure it won't take me long to catch the guy regardless. It never does haha.

TriOpticon likes this.
  18. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

I have the cart, but never played the game. Does the server have chat or anything in order to grab someone and get a 'hey, teach me, sensei'?

19. zodaex

Yes it does have voice chat built in and activated. Make sure you turn voice chat on in your options screen because it's turned off by default.

20. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Oh, I can't hear. :D I meant text. Oh well. I'll give it a look anyway. I have an EU physical copy I should get to work.

21. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Well-Known Member

How do I go about joining in on LoungeCraft server, zodaex?

22. zodaex

Just post or PM me your PSN name so I can add you to the member list. :)

23. Renegade Bastard

Renegade Bastard Well-Known Member

Will send you a PM shortly! :)

zodaex likes this.
  24. desmondnerd

desmondnerd Member

Can I join?
    psn :desmondnerd

25. zodaex

I've just added you to the LoungeCraft member list. Great to have you join us on the server Desmond!