Loungecraft - our very own 24/7 Minecraft Vita Edition Server!

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita & PlayStation TV Social Lounge' started by zodaex, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Pockets

Pockets Well-Known Member

I own it for Vita but have never really ever tried it at all....since I don't own a PS-TV I don't know if I can join your group??? Oh Mighty Zodasaur is it possible or will I have to resort to my PS3 in order to play?? Which I would have to purchase for my PS3 if that is the case

2. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Last time I was at my local mom and pop game store they had several used pstvs for 30 bucks+ tax each so I can probably get you one cheap if you're looking.

Sure as long as you've got any language version of Minecraft Vita Edition you're golden. Just accept the friend invite I just sent you and as soon as you do that you'll be free to drop into LoungeCraft any time you'd like. You can drop in either from the join tab on the game's main menu or by viewing the profile of the server's PSN account in your friend's list.

3. Pockets

Pockets Well-Known Member

I am holding off on the pstv for now...thx for the offer. I can hook up my Bluetooth headset for the chat if I have that right. I will see what I think of Minecraft...one of the reasons I have not fully dived into Fallout 4 was of all the stuff I had to build...found it tedious and tiresome...but I am willing to try something new..so I will check it out.

4. zodaex

I'd be honored to teach you how to play Minecraft whenever Pockets. It's kind of an unusual type of game experience in that in a sense the game is whatever you make it to be and it's a very personal and customized experience. There's a ton of different ways to play the game and none of them are wrong, but at the same time the game is so much better if you've got imagination and are willing to set some of your own goals. I've always envisioned LoungeCraft to be more than a Minecraft server, but an awesome lobby to meet new Vita players and socialize/chat.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  5. desmondnerd

desmondnerd Member

I think I didn't accept your request, send another, please.

6. IDURRRPS

IDURRRPS New Member

Hey zodaex I'd love to join your minecraft server and meet some new cool people there

7. zodaex

Actually I double checked, and you are on the friends list. What's going on is that last night my home was raided by the police, and for some dumb reason one of the officers switched off the router for the LougeCraft server. I can't tell you why he did that, but the server is back up again now.

Awesome i'd love to have you join us IDURRRPS. Could you please post or PM me your PSN name so I can get you added to the member list?

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  8. 2048Dan

2048Dan Well-Known Member

:eek:

Can I join the server (is it legal? o_O). PSN: Skiddie77

9. zodaex

I've just added you to the Member List my friend. Once you accept the friend invite you should be able to drop in whenever. It's great to have you. I'm in talks right now with Rbrtvlnk about fighting the Ender Dragon together and killing that bastard! :)

10. desmondnerd

desmondnerd Member

Can we have a warzone to pvp with other players?

11. zodaex

You could certainly build your own fenced off PVP Zone or Arena. If there's a legitimate interest in a battlezone from other LoungeCraft players, one of our moderators might take up building one for the server. Do you know of any other active players wanting such an area? The hardest thing about this would be to make the Zone in an area that would minimally be in other player's path if they were just passing threw, as well as coordinating times when you are going to be on to combat fellow players. Outside of my player slot that is always being used, the server only has 3 additional player slots. That limits PVP fights almost exclusively to 1v1 or 1v2, because i'm not much of a fighter in Minecraft. I might dabble in PVP occasionally but I suck at it and would mostly be concerned about potential collateral damage to the server if things got crazy. That being said, there could potentially be a Sky Arena of sorts that would be out of the way and would give our members yet another activity to do. If there are other members interested let me know and I can discuss a project to build an arena with Hudson or TheoThePilot.

12. RoboAddy

RoboAddy Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    Is this still a thing? I never got around to playing back when I said I was interested, but I checked today and couldn't find any games.

13. zodaex

It was down because MC on the server had crashed (first crash in 4 days) This morning I restarted the game so it's back up now.

14. zodaex

The server stability is not as good as it should been again. Initially, the new Minecraft 1.5 update appeared to completely eliminate the game's crashes however gradually it has again taken a bit of a nose dive and it has become the norm for it to either crash or disconnect from PSN on a daily basis. I want to do 2 experiments to see if I can do anything myself to fix the frequent downtime the server's been having lately. The first experiment, effective immediately is i've started a fresh new world to test to see if for some reason the game's world save had become glitchy threw the various patch updates it has receivedor some other reason. After 4-7 days if the new world didn't fix the issue then I will load back up the original world and do my next experiment which is hosting on a different PSTV system just to ensure the one i'm using now didn't have defective memory or some other obscure hardware problem. No one worry, the original world hasn't gone anywhere and has been archived with care.

Edit 06/19/17
    From studying the server's behavior over the last 3 days it's clear to me that the new map drastically reduced crashes, however didn't have much of an effect on PSN disconnects. I think I can pretty much rule out a hardware problem as well since the new map almost eliminated crashing. Moving foward, my plan will be to teleport away "to the middle of nowhere" when i'm not actively playing on the server. I think since the spawn town was so built up, that it is somehow causing the game to be more likely to crash when it's left running for 24 hours at a time because of how much stuff is going on there. (a ton of animals, zombies that wont de-spawn under the ground that someone hollowed out, redstone contraptions, ect.) Anyways, the original LoungeCraft map is back up again and i'm doing everything I reasonably can to keep it up. I think the best system though, is to just send a quick PSN message to me @ "zodaex" if you're ever unable to join so I can restart the server for ya. Thanks for bearing with me threw this.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  15. RoboAddy

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    Seems to be ded again ;_;

16. zodaex

It lost it's connection to the PSN servers sometime last night but i've restarted it so it's back up again!

17. RoboAddy

PSN ID:
    RoboAddy
    I tried again just now but no luck ;_;

[​IMG]

18. zodaex

Just got home and checked on it and Minecraft had crashed. People must have been using it heavily today. It's back up though. :)

19. Davzoy

Davzoy New Member

Hello yesterday I spoke with you Zodaex, publishing this Can I log in to your server? My ID is: xdAvZoYx

20. zodaex

I plan on adding you to the Server's member list tomorrow evening Davzoy. I had fully intended to get you added today, but Loungecraft member "Holowolfy" turned against us this evening and destroyed a fellow member's house. All of the damages have been rolled back to before the greif, but out of standard operating procedure I never add a new player the same day someone has been banned in order to put brakes on how often the server's save file is rolled back. That way both world progress and member expansion can both happen in a healthy equilibrium.

21. zodaex

Davzoy, you've just been added to the LoungeCraft member list! Once you accept the pending friend request, you'll be able to sign into the server anytime. It's great to have you with us. :)

22. firecutz

firecutz New Member

can i join??

23. firecutz

firecutz New Member

this is fire cutZ can I join the server??

24. RetroGameReaper

RetroGameReaper New Member

I'd like to join the server. I had gotten a Vita earlier this month and just want to play Minecraft with some people. My PSN name is "RetroGameReaper"

25. zodaex

You've just been added to the LoungeCraft memberlist Retro Game Reaper! I look forward to playing with you on the server!

Added!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017