Loungecraft - our very own 24/7 Minecraft Vita Edition Server!

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita & PlayStation TV Social Lounge' started by zodaex, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Lando452

Lando452 Well-Known Member

Man I need to get in on this, gonna have to download Minecraft on the vita now.

zodaex likes this.
  2. Lando452

Can I join?

Outkast_L

3. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

You've been added and thanks for joining!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  4. Neillybabies

Neillybabies New Member

Can I join please? Just got a Vita a couple weeks ago and have been looking forward to playing with others and having fun.
    PSN id: neillybabies

5. JanFer Pan

JanFer Pan New Member

ZodaEX, this is the moment you can add me.
    PSN: JanFerPan

6. JanFer Pan

JanFer Pan New Member

Can I get an invite now?
    PSN: JanFerPan

7. zodaex

Neillybabies and JanFerPan, you are our two newest members of Lounge Craft! Thanks for joining our little community.

8. Lando452

ZodaEX can I get another invite please

9. zodaex

The server is drop-in. No invites are necessary once you are on the member list (the server's friend list). To join, either use Minecraft's main menu - a tab to the top right will appear when you have a friend online with an open world. Alternatively you can also join by viewing the server's profile from your friend list and hit join on the big box. I just double checked and you are still friends with the server account.

10. desmondnerd

desmondnerd Member

Posting for a friend: shabraiz123 would like to play, his mother doesn't like him signing in to random things like this and he asked me to post for him.

11. desmondnerd

desmondnerd Member

I'm buying some enchant books. Msg me on psn if interested: smite 3-5 sharpness 3-5. I'm also interested in buying sugar cane and leather.

12. zodaex

Sadly I had to ban Neillybabies from the server. On Saturday he changed the sign on Coolman's house to say that it was his. When questioned about it he lied and claimed that it was indeed his house that he built. :p Everything was rolled back a few hours and restored!

Also, Shabraiz123 has been added.

13. zodaex

***Server Announcement***

I'm having to once again do some major re-restructuring to LoungeCraft. Gradually, starting sometime in July, the server started to become less and less stable over time. It had finally gotten so terrible in the last few weeks, that it prompted me to do as much troubleshooting as I could to figure out why. Well by watching the server till it crashed, I discovered that the server's 24/7 auto-save had gradually taken it's toll on the server's memory card. The server was crashing every time it tried to auto-save, and upon changing over to a brand new memory card, that issue was completely fixed. But then after that crash was fixed, I started going further and further down the rabbit hole of additional problems that take longer to happen. After replacing the card that was causing short term crashes, longer term crashes started to be revealed.

Next I found a glitch with auto-save, but it turned out there was another crash- unrelated to the memory card crashes that was causing auto-save to not work properly.

It took me 3 days to figure out what was what causing this last crash but I finally figured it out. A greifer had obviously installed some sort of lag-inducing machine in the same world chunk as the Moderator Woodland Mansion. Any other portion of the map runs fine, but if you tried to go near that mansion for any substantial length of time it was causing the server to crash. This isn't the first time i've seen this greif. It was done to Ether1's house a few weeks ago and had to fix it by rolling the server's save file back a day.

Spending so much time fixing this last problem has made me realize that I had probably bitten off more than I can chew trying to keep the server up 24/7. I've got daily incremental server backups sure. But regularly doing time consuming crash tests and rolling the world's save file back is just as annoying to our members as it is for me and i've realized it's not sustainable continuing on like i've been. Any determined greifer can wait until i'm at work or when i'm asleep and just completely ruin the entire map for everybody else. And there are several determined greifers on our member list.

The only way I can think of to deal with the more determined greifers is to have regular server hours, and close the world down when i've got to be at work and while i'm sleeping. It's not set in stone what the hours will be, but it will probably be something like 5:00pm-9:30pm cst Monday-Friday and 9am-9:30pm cst Saturday & Sunday.

It's going to be a few days before our relaunch. All existing members will automatically be a part of this new incarnation of LoungeCraft. There's going to be some new rules and we're going to be getting rid of limited pvp.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  14. Lando452

Thanks for the heads up, I think ill finally start getting involved in the world, been too busy playing Breath of the wild.