Mighty No. 9 delayed into 2016, handheld versions no longer developed by Abstraction

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Takao, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

To top that off, it's been confirmed that the Vita and 3DS versions will no longer be developed by Abstraction Games, but now by Terraria's Engine Software.

628844680717934592 is not a valid tweet id

http://engine-software.com/?page_id=7
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/2...p-and-saving-robots-instead-of-trashing-them/

Given Engine has made considerably more 3DS games than they have Vita (not to mention some of the shoddiness in their Terraria Vita release), expect nothing good to come of this.

2. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

FWIW I thought Terraria on Vita was fine.

3. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

Brace your selfs, crappy port 12 clock

4. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

Feels like Inafune has ruined his own brand with this release. Too many delays and controversies for this game now and his fans slash investors aren't satisfied. Really shady to wait with dropping this news until after the Red Ash Kickstarter too. What I really want from him is Soul Sacrifice 2 tbh. Mega Man and clones have been done to death.

5. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

Just one question, what games where made with him IN CHARGE of them (producer etc) that were good?

6. Karl Smith

Karl Smith #supersmith2500

PSN ID:
    supersmith2500
    I fear that the Vita version might get cancelled.

7. Miguel

Miguel Well-Known Member

If that happens the people who suppported hum for those version should suy him

8. FearlessSasuke

FearlessSasuke Well-Known Member

What a way to ruin your legacy, doesn't he realize the more you Fuck up the more goodwill from fans you will lose, he really needs to get his act together or else he will never be trusted ever again and this is coming from someone who loved all the games he's worked on.

9. GreenChile

GreenChile Member

Completely agree, dunno where the perception of it being a shoddy port comes from...

10. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

He has been involved in a ton of Capcom games outside Mega Man. Wikipedia has a giant list if you're interested. He was not the "conceptor" of all the games he produced though. He has a pretty mixed track record IMO but he wasn't afraid to take chances and I've heard he pushed for Capcom to do the same.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiji_Inafune

11. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

And I was looking forward to this game...........................

:(

12. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm getting a tad worried, and I'm pretty much a blind Megaman fanboy (I own every game in the series, even the Chinese only PC games and other oddities) but between the whole Red Ash Kickstarter debacle and the constant delays with Mighty No 9 I'm getting worried about what's going on. I mean, I've played the game itself via beta and I know I love the game, but seriously this is taking longer than I expected (and I expected a few delays down the road). Still, I'll wait patiently and hopefully finally get my hands on the game before Shenmue III!

13. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

I bet this is why the release info on a physical vita version was so hard to pin down.

But Terraria got a physical so I'm optimistic about this as well.

14. vongruetz

vongruetz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    vongruetz
    How does a game become such a train wreck in just one week? It's the dishonesty coming from Comcept that really irks me. The game was rumored to be delayed days ago. Game Informer reported on it. All major retailers adjusted the dates in their systems. And what did Comcept say? Nothing. Well, officially nothing.

Then on the official Might No. 9 forums, everyone was told to calm down because the game wasn't being delayed. No, no. It's just a a bug in Amazon's pre-order software that was preventing some people to place orders so the date in the system was changed as a temporary fix.

http://www.vgstations.com/en/news/i...ot-delayed-still-on-track-for-next-month.html

Of course the fact that they were trying to get funding for a second game via Kickstarter at the same time is no coincidence. Announcing a delay to their first game would surely scare away backers for a second.

I don't care that the game is being delayed. What pisses me off is when a company is outright dishonest to its customers. It reminds me of when Ubisoft said the PS4 version was going to be 900p, and that was the plan all along (despite having stated a month earlier that their goal was to have all versions running at 1080). I could care less about the resolution, but when you start being dishonest about what you're doing, I don't have time or money for your game.

Then not having Abstraction do the handheld version? Sigh. I'm not sure why they changed studios, but I see that as a huge disappointment.

PixelKnot and Murphy like this.
  15. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

629318179240681472 is not a valid tweet id

PixelKnot and vongruetz like this.
  16. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Mighty No.9 confirmed release date

21st June in the US and 24th June in Europe, however that's for everything except Vita/3DS which will follow at a later date... While I'm glad that the release has finally been nailed down, I'm concerned that we have no indication of when the Vita version will actually arrive... :(

17. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Would't be suprised if they skip the 3DS/Vita version at the end, this game had so many shitty excuses..... that dev should get a slap in the face with a rotten fish.

18. Rat King 64

Rat King 64 Well-Known Member

It is unfortunate but true that more and more devs are promising to bring their game to every platform under the sun during their kickstarter campaign in order to draw in the niche fans of smaller platforms, but when push comes to shove the Vita, Wii U and 3DS versions will never be a priority for these types of projects. Having said that, I still have high hopes for Shantae 1/2 Genie hero. I hoping that Wayforward will buck the trend and deliver a top notch Vita version alongside the main releases.

When I look at the best Vita ports the honest truth is that many of them were made by dedicated porting houses who approached the publisher of a proven successful game on consoles and asked if they could do Vita version. The Vita version may come out long after the original, but it usually ends up being a good port that way.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    PixelKnot, Zero Eternity and Murphy like this.
  19. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

What's the bet the moment I give in and pine for the PS4 version they'll announce the Vita one? (Same will probably happen with Shovel Knight)

20. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

Wayforward has already confirmed Vita will be late. I'm not sure why they even committed to the platform when none of their ports of the older Shantaes are hitting it. It'll be the only platform without a Shantae fanbase before launch.

21. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

@HeavyArm_Store Vita Mighty No.9 Asian Physical English will out 30 June 2016. Finally!

Really? 100% confirmed?!?

@HeavyArm_Store Yes 101%!

It's...happening?!? :eek:

Edit

Yep, it's not happening as Shadowman reminded me of a few points. Oh well. :(

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    Miguel likes this.
  22. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Yeah, unless the news comes from Comcept themselves I'm not believing it. And even then, I still actually half expect the console version to get delayed again (or have broken online day 1) and the handhelds to not be released until end of year 2016 or early 2017 with the possibility of them being canceled due to technical issues down the line. At this point until the game is in my hand I remain incredibly skeptical of the whole situation!
    I'd love to know what Heavy Arm's source is on that though, especially as... you know the game technically doesn't have a confirmed physical release for the Vita either!

23. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

That game drove me crazy. I'm just not ordering it again till it actually -is- out.

24. AJ77

AJ77 Well-Known Member

Good and bad news depending on your take, imo its good news, Amazon Spain now list the Vita and 3DS versions for 15th October 2016, at least we have a proper date now, no way was it going to be released in June as they already said it wasn't going to, and October isn't that far away, got enough to buy in June and August so its no biggie for me.

25. Archbreaker

Archbreaker Member

Sounds like good news to me too. I'm glad it's not too far from June. 4 months is a while, but it could've been a lot longer.