Official Topic Minecraft - Vita Edition

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Curtis, May 22, 2014.

1. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

So Minecraft arrives on Vita in August... I'm going to lose many hours of my life to it - again.

Any other addicts itching to get their fix on Vita?

Murphy likes this.
  2. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    http://thevitalounge.net/minecraft-ps-vita-edition-out-in-august/

• Minecraft: Playstation 3 + Vita Edition will be available on the PSN in August.
    • It will include all the features from the most recent Playstation 3 version, including online play, on Vita.
    • If you’ve bought Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition from PSN you’ll be able to upgrade for free.
    • We are working closely with Sony Computer Entertainment to look into ways to enable upgrade from the Blu-ray disc version of Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition to Minecraft: Playstation 3 and Vita. We’ll have more info on this closer to release.
    • This means everyone who has bought Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition from PSN will get it on Vita for free. Those fluent in Sony-speak might refer to the deal as “Cross-buy.”
    • Minecraft: Playstation 3 + Vita Edition will cost $19.99.
    • It doesn’t matter if you buy for PS3 or Vita first, you own the game for both platforms.
    • Saves are transferrable between the Playstation 3 and Vita versions of Minecraft. You will be able to craft at home on your Playstation 3, then continue on the bus/toilet with your Playstation Vita.
    • All of the DLC you’ve purchased for Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition will work on Playstation 3 + Vita Edition

I simply cannot wait for this, not just one of my favourite Indies, but one of my absolute favourite games. I'm going to lose so much time to this. Online play too, awesome.

Tyler, xpacerx and Trent like this.
  3. Pata

Pata Well-Known Member

These points pretty much confirm that the Vita version is identical in terms of content and world dimension to the PS3, meaning that is the ultimate Minecraft portable experience. Not particulary interested but I'm all down for it if it helps to sell more Vitas.

PixelKnot, Kurisutina and Murphy like this.
  4. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

Does the online play allow you to host your own servers? I never bothered with the PS3 version, since I had no reason to.

5. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    So uh...no details concerning a physical (retail) release of Minecraft PS Vita Edition?

6. Quillsy

Quillsy Active Member

I've been waiting for this. I've never gotten to play Minecraft so this will be my first time playing it and I'm very very excited.

7. Curtis

Curtis Well-Known Member

There is an absolutely enormous amount you can learn about the game, but the great thing about it is that you don't need to know almost anything to have fun. You can spend the time and get to know the game inside and out if you want to, or you can just ignore all that and do whatever you want.

8. Quillsy

Quillsy Active Member

I kind of assumed it was similar to Terraria in that regard. I spent most of the first 6 months playing terraria just .... mining. It was weirdly addicting just constantly expanding my mines. I didn't actually start tackling bosses till I got it on vita lol. The whole time I only had it on PC I just...created.

9. Murphy

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    True story, I got a 360 review copy in 2012 and started playing it at 830 AM as the wife did the school run, she then went to a meeting. She came home at 230PM, and I had not got dressed, done the chores or eaten. For six hours I had got completely lost in the world, and it was my first experience of playing it. I spent the next couple of nights on the sofa, but had fallen in love with the game. :D

It will grip you, or it won't. If it holds, you will lose yourself to it, and being on handheld and going everyone is just too awesome. Sony really need to market the shit out of it - it's arguably the only system selling indie. The massively inferior Pocket Edition has sold over 21m copies. Portable Minecraft is what people want; there's your angle Sony.

Silent Angel, Curtis and xpacerx like this.
  10. xpacerx

xpacerx New Member

The first time i played minecraft was in 2010 and it was the only game i played for over a month straight, that's hard to do for me. Defiantly looking forward to this especially on the vita. One thing confuses me they didnt say if it was cross-play on the vita only that it had online like the ps3.

11. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

I never played Minecraft, so I will for sure get it on the Vita.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  12. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    The fact that it finally has a release window is really exciting. The summer is going to be overloaded with Vita games, but this has had my eye since it was announced. I'm one of the few late to the party. I hadn't played this game on PC, PS3, or anything else it has been on. I am very interested in finally diving into the game to see how everything works.

The fact that it seems to be cross-buy makes it that much better as well. This is quite exciting, like when Terraria finally got its release on the Vita.

Though, as @Kurisutina mentioned, I'm interested in whether or not it will have a retail release, like the PS3 version recently got.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
    Kurisutina likes this.
  13. Reika

Reika Well-Known Member

I'm glad there is finally a time frame for the release :D

but... what about the cross-play? I wonder if I should keep crossing my fingers on this...

Kurisutina likes this.
  14. Eagle With Telescope

Eagle With Telescope Member

Was too busy playing Skyrim when this originally came out on PC, and subsequently it got lost in a sea of other games commanding my attention. Will definately be picking this up and likely losing a few hundred hours to survival mode in the second half of this year!

Kurisutina and Murphy like this.
  15. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami

Sorry Reika =/ Now we just need to see if Minecraft PS Vita edition will get physical release, as well as a Vita 2k bundle.

16. Reika

Reika Well-Known Member

NooOoOooOoOoOOOOOOOoooooo... *cries*

Oh well... XD I'm still buying this game... and, yes, we have to wait for the physical release announcement... but I believe they posted a picture of it on twitter. I'm not sure if those are official.. I'll see if i can find it again.

EDIT: Okay, i fount the image with the box art and IS from an official tweet. (https://twitter.com/PlayStationUK/status/456398138857644032)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  17. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Thanks @Reika so, looks like at least for sure, EU/UK will get a physical copy, probably. I'm happy for them, now I just need to see the West get physical edition as well.

18. MadamePanda

MadamePanda Member

I hope this version is similar to the Xbox version and allows more than one player.

19. Caleb

Caleb Active Member

I believe it is supposed to be the full version. :)

20. Murphy

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    Save files from the PS3 can be sent to the Vita, so the Vita version will have the same content as the console edition, but will not allow cross play with the PS3. It does have online play. :)

MadamePanda likes this.
  21. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Question Murphy, does it have ad-hoc play as well? I mean this is a portable entry, kids are going to get this; that'd be something good, even if it's in the vain of how the console edition does multiplayer?

22. Murphy

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    I don't know yet, I have asked Owen from Mojang but he hasn't got back to me. Ad Hoc would make so much sense, Minecraft is enjoyable by all age groups but as you say, Kids will go mad for this. Ad Hoc is a no-brainer.

Kurisutina likes this.
  23. Trent

Trent Owner, PS Vita Reviews

PSN ID:
    L2K7
    That is possible. Though, that does make me wonder. Let's say you buy the game on the PS Vita in retail form. How would they regulate the Cross-Buy thing with that? Speculating, would they possibly put in a code into the game's packaging to unlock the digital version of the game? Or, as I would guess, they may go the God of War Collection route and not enable the cross-buy for the physical release, allowing cross-buy to only be applicable for the digital version of the game.

Kurisutina likes this.
  24. PixelKnot

PixelKnot Well-Known Member

A bundle for this seriously needs to happen.

Vita currently being the only handheld platform to receive the home console version is a huge deal.

Pata, Murphy and Kurisutina like this.
  25. Darkreaper006

Darkreaper006 Member

if the price is right, I shall get this

in about 6 months time which is when I get my account unsuspended... bwhahaha