Official Topic Minecraft - Vita Edition

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Curtis, May 22, 2014.

1. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

I'll be honest.. it took me around 3-4 hours to do mine with all the redstone and shit lol.... I don't know if I really have the energy to do it a 4th time (this was my 3rd skeleton mob farm).

I may be able to help with bits and pieces but if you'd like I can link you the tutorial I used. I have it book marked because it's the one I always go to.

He doesn't describe the wiring for the loot system but it's pretty easy and that I could do for you if you need me to.

This is the tutorial I usually used.

Edit

So... More pictures!!

Picture of my dome, built out of sand on top of cobble before I dropped it down into the water.
    [​IMG]

Underwater view (Helmet has respiration III which is why it's so clear looking).
    [​IMG]

And then here is a little video Trent recorded of me dropping it into the water before surrounding it in glass.

I need to decorate inside of it still and figure out what I'm going to do with it after that, whether I'm going to branch off into other domes or just leave it be as a little show piece.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    zodaex and Murphy like this.
  2. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know how finished I'd call it, there's a few things that I'll probably tweak and the vines aren't fully grown yet so that little detail is left out of the pics. I'll also probably surround the bottom outside with sand since that looks pretty cool with the light from the redstone lamps.

Anyways...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rain sort of messed up the last one lol. You can also still see a chest in there. I left a few things in there for now in case of emergency or if I plan on tweaking it a bit.

Again, I'll merge this into my previous post sometime tomorrow.

Stryfe, Flying_Pig and MrAlsVita like this.
  3. MrAlsVita

MrAlsVita Well-Known Member

The things you can do in this game is mind boggling! :eek:

Hana and LuisMiguel41 like this.
  4. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Agree - super impressive.

Having said that, after 'finishing' the game in survival mode, my son and I are enjoying simply building stuff in create mode.

MrAlsVita likes this.
  5. Mateus

Mateus Active Member

Minecraft took my heart and my soul.

6. Buketema

Buketema New Member

i'm playing Minecraft on psvita . Able to get the trophy adventure time ? How did you do it ? can you help me.. :)

7. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

It's a tricky one - I did it by fully exploring my main map, plus that of the (pre-patch) tutorial. I then also went to a specific map (I'll see if I can find the seed) andthe trophy popped.

Googling for a guide also helps

This is the seed:

8. Buketema

Buketema New Member

thank u so much ! :) i have the platinium trophy, it really helped seed 902963153...

Flying_Pig and Hana like this.
  9. SasukeTheRipper

SasukeTheRipper Well-Known Member

10. ADL

ADL Well-Known Member

11. Techup

Techup Well-Known Member

Honestly I wish the ps4 version was more like the vitas. Specifically the spawn chunks. Vita version has it made on that front.

Plus... minecraft anywhere?! So gud.

Flying_Pig likes this.
  12. Hayase

Hayase Well-Known Member

I am desperate.
    I need a waterworld. I googled and tried really alot of seeds by now. None of them is what i was looking for:

What i want is one or a few islands and like 80% water. Must have at least one tree for survival game.

If you have a working seed please share.

13. KingJoonToon

KingJoonToon Member

PSN ID:
    KingJoonToon
    I had this on the PS3, and i know it was cross buy at the time, just got my vita and it's asking me to pay, should it be free for me with the cross buy?

14. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

I am not sure. You may have better luck going to your download list and scrolling to see if it is available to download there.

15. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/04/minecraft-ps3-xbox-one-vita-wii-u-last-update/

It's been recently reported that the next update for Minecraft Vita Edition will be it's last. Along with the 360 and PS3 versions as well. Presumably the 3DS version will continue to get updates :p .
    While I'm sad to see this, I knew it was bound to eventually happen. Performance in Minecraft Vita can gets so bad at times that I think it probably makes sense to stop with updates at this point. What other Vita game other than Minecraft can say that it's had over 40 title updates? It's been a pretty incredible support track record really as far as Vita game standards go.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Flying_Pig likes this.
  16. comeoutpunching

comeoutpunching Well-Known Member

I just got this for my son to play on PSTV and it took forever to download all of those 40 updates at once! Really a hallmark game that probably sold of good chunk of Vitas, so we all owe it some thanks for that :)

17. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

:oops: never got on with it , i really don't see what the fuss with it is all about but thats just me :)

18. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

I've read reports online that claim Minecraft Vita Edition gave the PS-Vita a new lease on life in Japan back in 2014. Apparently in Japan by 2014 the Vita was already on a steady decline, but when Minecraft Vita edition launched there it practically gave the system a shot of adrenaline and the Vita version of Minecraft stayed stuck at the top of the sales charts for months and months. It makes total sense to me. Minecraft left a massive mark on the video game industry and back in 2014 Vita Minecraft was the only portable full version of Minecraft available. The smartphone builds were just terrible back then.

comeoutpunching likes this.
  19. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

Highest selling games on the VITA shifting nearly 2 million units.

I can't get into it, I'd like to, I try, but I don't really get it. I just run about chopping things down with no idea of what I'm doing.

I'll have another go.