Muv Luv - A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Mr Tornado, Oct 16, 2015.

1. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

I just hope Ricedigital don't mess up with the ratings (USK rating on every game) :p is this game ESRB (NA) only ?

2. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

_O_ PQube _O_

TheAtom likes this.
  3. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Agreed!

4. shirokuro

shirokuro Well-Known Member

So glad this is getting released for non-backers too since I missed the Kickstarter!

Looks like RiceDigital stopped shipping to some Asian countries though... Does anyone know a good UK package forwarding service that allows undervaluing or re-invoicing? :oops:

5. Calamity

Calamity Well-Known Member

DojoDan :D

DojoDan, zodaex and shirokuro like this.
  6. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

I dont mind doing it either , ive got a few all over the world i forward to. So you are well covered here :)

shirokuro likes this.
  7. Lukey52

Lukey52 Well-Known Member

Oh wow score 1 for the regular user and a middle finger to the scalpers who would have made a fortune selling their backed copies on eBay.

8. The_stats_guy

The_stats_guy Well-Known Member

Do scalpers do kickstarter? I'd have thought with timeframes and uncertainty, it wouldn't be worth it. The plagueroad sellers seem to be people who wanted to back a vita game, but are happy with a standard copy from LRG from what i've seen. (Sorry i don't have too many examples)

I'm happy to be able to pick one up, but i imagine Wowgek from LRG is losing his shit right now lol

Mr Tornado likes this.
  9. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

Ha! I wouldn't be surprised if for some reason it got distributed via the US. Someone should try confirm that, I'd be happier not paying duty on the silly large collectors edition though :D

10. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I read yesterday that a Kickstarter update mentioned that all the games were being shipped out of the U.K. & would then be put with the rewards then dispatched back to customers. Which doesn't really make sense. o_O

11. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

I wonder if the european editions will have PEGI ratings... my OCD will make me re-buy then o_O

12. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Since it's being sold via Rice Digital I expect it to just be sent from the UK, or am I missing something here?

edit: Just looked up the game and oof... that dated artstyle will be tough, but the idea sounds good!
    From Rice Digital.

Hmmm... Should I? Should I not..? I probably will. xD

13. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Speaking strictly for the Kickstarter rewards (the one we will be able to buy from the Rice store should definitely be shipped from the UK like usual):

From yesterday's update:

"The Collector's Boxes and CODEX are the only items left needed to be produced, so TOM can start the full packaging of rewards pledges per backer, and finally shipping them afterward."

And from "TOM"'s FAQ page:

"Items from our warehouse in Japan will be listed under the label "Shipping from Japan." Items from our North American warehouse will be labeled "Shipping from the United States.""

So Tokyo Otaku Mode doesn't have a warehouse in Europe and since they already have some of the reward items that were produced for the Kickstarter editions at their other warehouses, this seems to be the scenario Mr Tornado described above. They were going to make the CE contents and further add-ons anyway - they offered a lot of additional merchandise during that campaign on top of just the CE - and now Pqube is supplying the games from Europe. That would go some way towards explaining why backers will get their stuff shipped from the US, and it may also suggest that the upcoming Rice Digital LE is going to be different from the Kickstarter one. Just a thought, though.

That's only what I gather from the way they wrote that update, haven't been following this super closely. So hopefully this post doesn't turn out to be fake news!

shirokuro, Mr Tornado and TheAtom like this.
  14. Billybobbean

Urgh

*puts aside bullshit money for royal fail*

Mr Tornado likes this.
  15. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Glad everyone can stop sweating knowing they can get the game now lol. I bet that's a huge relief!

I do hope the KS edition is some how unique though. Box/cover or something. Would suck to wait years just for a regular copy available at retail lol. Although I'm certainly not a variant collector, def a fan of mech's and VN's. Giving the releases different covers or outer box art would make me spring for a second set.

16. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm actually liking the idea of different versions the more I think of it - even though it's just conjecture for now. No one has to miss out and backers who paid potentially more money and waited for close to three years when it finally releases have something special to show for it.

I was actually really surprised about that Kingdom Come Kickstarter CE I received this week, as it has its completely unique packaging with high quality extras that are not in the retail CE and looks a lot more special than the regular one. That one was also an indie project that got picked up by a bigger publisher over the course of development, and despite changing quite a bit from the original premise still came out nicely, so here's hoping that Muv-Luv will get similar treatment.

DankZaku likes this.
  17. DankZaku

DankZaku Well-Known Member

Where's the pics :) See that's the sort of thing that makes backing games worth it to me. Like yeah I want the game, but the chance of something unique to the campaign is cool, no matter how small. Something to show you helped make it happen. Slipcover, different artwork, etc.

AllHasRed likes this.
  18. Mr Tornado

Urgh x2. :(

Why can't they ship all the rewards to PQube & let them handle European orders. :(

19. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

Well some persons were happy that Tokyo Otaku Mode handling the final packaging & shipping :D

We are going to pay the import taxes in Europe because TOM only ship with EMS method :(

So :
    * Declared items value : 60€
    * shipping cost (EMS) : 20€
    => import taxes : 24€ + 16 = 30€

Yea 30€ additional cost to get our kickstarted contents :(

20. Mr Tornado

I backed for the $150.00 tier, so...:(

21. Billybobbean

Me too :(

Way to put a dampener on the release

22. McFungos

McFungos Well-Known Member

I remember them saying that they will only declare the products manufacturing cost not the Kickstarter value.

23. Billybobbean

Well that’s a ray of hope, good on them