My Vita won't Work please help

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Tylo-Ren, Jul 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tylo-Ren

Tylo-Ren New Member

after charging my dead vita, i noticed that i wasn't able to, press the home button and the power button only worked when i held it in for 30 seconds taking me to the safe mode area, also the other buttons on my vita are not working correctly either sometimes they'll work but once i get into an application they stop, and my screen is in a constant state of darkness i can barely see whats going on, even when i turn the brightness up nothing happens,

Can any of you please help me, Ive tried resetting my vita and nothing happens.

Thanks

2. alf

alf Member

What do you mean by "resetting" ?

The first thing to do is to enter the safe mode area and try to perform the followings, in the given order:
    1. Rebuild database (this will just refresh your system, think about it as auto-repair mode).
    If this step does not help you, proceed to the pt. 2.
    2. Format Memory Card (this will delete the data from memory card).
    And if the above does not work, choose:
    3. Restore PS Vita system.
    This will bring factory settings for the whole system. All of your current settings will be erased, be aware of that.

Additional question: does your vita run on official SONY software, or a custom firmware (like Henkaku) ?

3. Tylo-Ren

Tylo-Ren New Member

By resetting i meant restoring, sorry about that, and I'm running the official SONY software, now i have tried those options and nothing has happened.

4. alf

alf Member

Do you mean those options are not even starting to execute ?

5. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Or that they didn't solve your problems?

If they didn't even start to execute, that at least sounds so bad I don't even know how it's turning on at all. If they didn't fix the issues, then that still sounds like it's fried (maybe even literally?). I'm not a tech expert though, and alf seems like the more knowledgeable one, so if he thinks there may still be hope, trust him!!

Any clue what happened to it though?

6. alf

alf Member

If they even don't start to execute than this must be hardware related problem. If that's the case i think the easiest & cheapest way would be to buy another console (either as a motherboard donor or as a replacement as a whole).