Need help on picking VN or JRPG game

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Cardia, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Cardia

Cardia Member

Realizing how few of the games get releases here in the west, I don't wanna miss out on the rest of games back in Japan.

I want to pick up a couple of jrpg and VN while in Japan this time.

I am rather proficient in kanji. My Japanese level is pretty basic, learned through school and anime throughout the years. But I am willing to learn.

I have been playing legend of heroes trails in the sky and liked that type of rpg. Did a couple VN on Hakuouki and Code Realize enjoyed them as well.

So I wanted to see if anyone have suggestions what else is very good out there that I should keep an eye out for.

Thanks.

2. infasis

infasis Member

I'd say you're probably best off just going to a store and looking at some of them. They have so many games over there that you should be able to find something that suits your taste. I would probably try to stick with things that will never get localized. Most VNs won't, but things like the EVO versions of the Trails in the Sky games won't either. You might enjoy Tales of Innocence R (I really wish Namco would localize that, even though I've given up hope) and things like Extetra should be pretty cheap and never be in English if you just want to pick it up and see if you like it.

3. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Why not just browse through the vndb.org under the vita tab?

4. Cardia

Cardia Member

Thanks for the recommendations. I will check those two titles out. I do plan on going to the stores and take a look again. I was a bit overwhelmed by all the titles last time I went to the stores in Akiba haha....

5. Cardia

Cardia Member

Oh good call. I always forgot about that site. Will check it out before I head out to the stores today. Thanks!

Digit likes this.