Nes Classic

Discussion in 'Nintendo Discussion' started by Roscoe Jones, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Roscoe Jones

Roscoe Jones PSN ID: Roscoe369 Friend Me!

NOT a psvita topic but does anyone own the nes classic? Dudes and dudetts...thing sold like a damn pokemon game on launch day lol or gta game back in the day... Anyway who just wanted to say I'm playing my Nes classic wirelessly with a dualshock 4 controller....oowwwwww! Make sure it's charged so there'll be less lag (theoretically). I love the nes classic. The way I play games it'll take me years to COMPLETE each game so I'm good with just 30 (nes classic is hacked now shhhhhhhh YouTube shhhhhh). On amazon there's a a wireless controller and receiver for the nes classic by 8bitdo 40 us dollars each. Awesome investment if u have nes classic. Also the receiver is compatible with the dual shock 4 n 3 etc. Also 8bitdo.com may still have some.

2. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

No interest in it because of the scalpers over here and because we have the original NES already.

It does look nice and work like a charm from what I read from others.

P.S there is a Nintendo section on this forum for Nintendo talk.

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  3. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Ps get a raspberry pi , stick it in a case and bobs your uncle you have the entire nes, snes collection rather than the 30 ;)

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  4. Roscoe Jones

Yeah the scalpers are the worst. I'm simply not gonna buy something to resale it for a ridiculous price...it's wrong no matter how someone tries to justify it. Scalpers would say something like "I need money so I could make a little money by scalping sh**!" If you need money don't buy the product in the first place if you claim you're broke. If that's the case how can you afford multi units to resale? Right? Liars. Predators taking advantage and buying up all the stock to resale at a stupid scumbag price. Most times they're not gamers or probably has-beens. I'm just happy to get my hands on one and be able to use my beloved blue dualshock 4 controller to play nes games which works well. Having lots of 8bit fun :)...I'll thread about nintendo on nintendo section now that I know.

Yeah I heard. I have a crazy backlog so I'm fine with thirty in which will take me years to fully complete or beat all thirty. Plus I have the new nintendo 3ds with its virtual console so I'm ok

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  5. GreenKoopa

GreenKoopa Well-Known Member

Yesterday, they announced a hack where you can load the full nes library of approx 700 games onto the nes mini, while keeping the original user interface and save states feature.

6. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Still own the original, actually, but I can't say I'm very interested in buying a console just for a single set of old games. Had they done a NES/SNES version or something, it'd be better already... I also own a 3DS and a Wii U for the Virtual Console...

7. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Less lag on a full charge? So you are saying the NES Classic has input lag with a wireless controller? Wow that sounds horrifyingly bad. Playing NES games with input lag sounds like an exercise in futility to me. A large portion of the NES's library are not playable with any significant amount of lag.

8. TheAtom

Does it work natively with the PS4 controller though? o_O

9. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Roscoe said you need to buy a wireless receiver to use a wireless controller. I'm just repeating what I read him state.

10. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

That could explain the input lag, Nes Mini was meant to be played with a wired controller... but that damn cable is extremely short compared to OG Nes one.

11. TheAtom

Yeah that makes sense, no clue how I missed that. My bad!

12. eric

eric Well-Known Member

I am done w/ Nintendo and have been for about 10 years. The last product I purchased from Nintendo was a Game Boy Advance back in about 2005ish.

I stopped supporting Nintendo because I got sick of how they released systems and games. Delays, limited supplies, etc... ..Not to mention you can pick up (in my opinion) a superior device from Sony for a fraction of the price. Even the PS4 is better than the Wii and WiiU. ...as for the Switch, couldn't care.

13. Rat King 64

Rat King 64 Well-Known Member

All I want is one of the official Nintendo controllers for the NES mini so that I can use it with my virtual console NES games on the Wii. The MSRP on it should be $12 but the cheapest I can find right now is $40 + shipping on EBay from a scalper. These things are even harder to find that the actual mini console. I could buy a third party controller but I have heard that they do not work as well so I am being patient. Still ... the thing launched four months ago and is still sold out everywhere! How did Nintendo underestimate the demand so badly!

Roscoe Jones likes this.
  14. Roscoe Jones

Look into the 8bitdo wireless controller on amazon or ebay. It's superb quality. I LOVE IT...little to zero lag. As for the Nes Classic, Nintendo didn't expect it to be high demand for it during preorders and after it released...so I heard hmmm. I had to pay a scalper(IMO) a fair price for my classic. Didn't set me back much. I figure the scalpers are will get most of the stock every time the brick & morter stores restock. Somehow they always suck up the stock before people who actually want to play and keep it get chance to get one. I actually like the NES classic and I'm fine with the 30 pre-installed games however, hackers have hacked the system to add more. I never owned a NES because it was before my time on earth so the classic is my actual NES for now on! It's beautiful playing it with my 8bitdo wireless controllers which has turbo buttons too!!! I ordered an edge arcade joystick from gamestop.com for the nes classic but I believe someone stole it off my door step before I got home from work or it was delivered to the wrong address bummer man now I'm in the process of trying to retrieve it somehow. That's thing seems awesome which will allow me to play some of the games including fighting and shmup games with precision...

15. Roscoe Jones

Also the edge joystick from gamestop.com. It's awesome!!