New to the Vita and these forums.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by John Sid, Oct 10, 2018.

1. John Sid

John Sid Member

Hello everyone,

I've been out of gaming for quite a while and have been itching to play again. I've typically only played on consoles but this time around i'm gonna go with the Vita handheld since its the most appealing platform on the market to me at the moment. My favorite genres are racing, shmups, JRPGs and fighting games and there doesn't seem to be a shortage of those on the Vita.

I discovered this website thanks to https://www.youtube.com/user/MetalJesusRocks and I'm looking forward to interacting and discussing the Vita and its games with everyone here.

2. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Welcome here! I know we have some very dedicated fans of shmups ( ninty72 and DojoDan if I recall correctly, I think perhaps some others were as well), and a lot of us are fans of JRPGs or fighting games.

I just saw your post in the What you bought this week thread. Are those your only two games?

I definitely recommend Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend. It's chucked full of content. Storywise it can compete with most JRPGs, but on top of that you get an incredible fighter too! Though you may be already more familiar with 2D fighters, the tutorial is incredible in teaching the basics of 2D fighters as well as more complicated tactics and stuff specific to Blazblue

zodaex likes this.
  3. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

4. zodaex

zodaex Blow monsters with all new weapons

It's great to have you join us John Sid!

5. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

TheAtom likes this.
  6. John Sid

John Sid Member

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I'll definitely be checking out BlazBlue as well as those YouTube channels. I was actually watching some of PS Vita at 2am's videos last night.