New Years Resolutions / Gaming Goals

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by ninty72, Dec 28, 2018.

1. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

So as the new year approaches, we all say we are going to stop doing this and start doing that , so what are yours going to be , be it eating more healthy joining a gym or collecting all the megadrive shooters that you can ;)

I'll be adding to it as the months go by , as I personally do different things for weeks/months at a time such as I eat no chocolate for 1 month... achievable goals rather than I'm not eating it ever again and such.

The thread can also be used to track your progress or for moral support for when you need it. ( because I'll need it !! )

So my January goal for me personally is a biggy ....

NO eBay buys or even looking for 3 weeks, it would be 4 but I have bits on the way so I'll need to leave feedback and check tracking but if they all arrive by the 3rd I'll start from then !! This will be really hard for me as I glance at eBay everyday for my retro bits and bobs I collect for plus it keeps my postman busy, but no I'm going to try .....

anybody else doing anything....

DojoDan and zodaex like this.
  2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

My main one is just to make sure I play what I buy. Which so far is going great actually! Oh, and hit 500 physical games on the Vita. Nothing really beyond that though because I'd never trust me to keep the resolutions!

3. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

One of mine is to paint 52 miniatures over the year. Be it 28mm scale or a 10mm scale mech. Or even a plastic model kit.
    Second, play 10 games (tabletop - board or miniature games) ten times. That sounds easy but it is a lot harder to do as I am always distracted by shiny things.
    Third, finish 4 VITA JRPGs and I think this will be my hardest.

4. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Is it too late? Maybe? Or never?

Hmmm... It's not a bad one. I think I'd like to complete my buying list for the Vita's physical games. There really aren't all that many anymore that I'd still like to get, and it'd be neat to have them.

Now, as for playing... I'd like to finish any game that I start this year (if doable difficulty-wise).

5. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Have had the same two New Year's resolutions now for the last five or so years and have not been successful with achieving either of them, so this year I didn't make any resolutions lest I end another year in failure.

Gaming goals, succeed at acquiring all of the new R1 Vita releases this year. Tough goal when unemployed, but so far so good for the time being.

6. ScaryD

ScaryD Member

My goal is to fix my new Turbo Duo I bought so I can finally play Rondo of Blood.

zodaex likes this.
  7. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

Well Day 15 and no eBay purchases , OMG I must be ill or something. :)