New Years Resolutions / Gaming Goals

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by ninty72, Dec 28, 2018.

1. ninty72

ninty72 Well-Known Member

So as the new year approaches, we all say we are going to stop doing this and start doing that , so what are yours going to be , be it eating more healthy joining a gym or collecting all the megadrive shooters that you can ;)

I'll be adding to it as the months go by , as I personally do different things for weeks/months at a time such as I eat no chocolate for 1 month... achievable goals rather than I'm not eating it ever again and such.

The thread can also be used to track your progress or for moral support for when you need it. ( because I'll need it !! )

So my January goal for me personally is a biggy ....

NO eBay buys or even looking for 3 weeks, it would be 4 but I have bits on the way so I'll need to leave feedback and check tracking but if they all arrive by the 3rd I'll start from then !! This will be really hard for me as I glance at eBay everyday for my retro bits and bobs I collect for plus it keeps my postman busy, but no I'm going to try .....

anybody else doing anything....

DojoDan and zodaex like this.
  2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

My main one is just to make sure I play what I buy. Which so far is going great actually! Oh, and hit 500 physical games on the Vita. Nothing really beyond that though because I'd never trust me to keep the resolutions!

3. TriOpticon

TriOpticon Well-Known Member

One of mine is to paint 52 miniatures over the year. Be it 28mm scale or a 10mm scale mech. Or even a plastic model kit.
    Second, play 10 games (tabletop - board or miniature games) ten times. That sounds easy but it is a lot harder to do as I am always distracted by shiny things.
    Third, finish 4 VITA JRPGs and I think this will be my hardest.

4. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Is it too late? Maybe? Or never?

Hmmm... It's not a bad one. I think I'd like to complete my buying list for the Vita's physical games. There really aren't all that many anymore that I'd still like to get, and it'd be neat to have them.

Now, as for playing... I'd like to finish any game that I start this year (if doable difficulty-wise).

5. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Have had the same two New Year's resolutions now for the last five or so years and have not been successful with achieving either of them, so this year I didn't make any resolutions lest I end another year in failure.

Gaming goals, succeed at acquiring all of the new R1 Vita releases this year. Tough goal when unemployed, but so far so good for the time being.

6. ScaryD

ScaryD Member

My goal is to fix my new Turbo Duo I bought so I can finally play Rondo of Blood.

zodaex likes this.
  7. ninty72

Well Day 15 and no eBay purchases , OMG I must be ill or something. :)

TheAtom likes this.
  8. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Well done you! I think at some point it's quite refreshing to sit back and actually play and enjoy those purchases. Sometimes I feel I buy so many I can't keep up with them. I think we need a mini review thread, where anyone can post a single-post review with some screenshots on any game at all. Wouldn't mind your views on some of your MD shmups. I'm starting to miss playing Truxton and Fire Shark.

TheAtom likes this.
  9. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

We had a general 'what are you playing' thread, right? I think such threads can serve really well as mini-review threads. :D

DojoDan likes this.
  10. masofdas

masofdas Active Member

Gaming goals, I'm missing 9 PAL Dreamcast games that I would like to finish that off but I've been saying that for years with it only coming down 1 or 2 games a year.

I'd like to continue building my VITA collection up and maybe pick up another VITA.

Was planning to go to Japan this year but I may chnage that to this time next year coinside with my 30th.

DojoDan likes this.
  11. ninty72

Which 9 are you missing , i completed my set a while ago, but I still know a few dreamcast sellers who helped me complete mine, I'll keep an eye out for you :)

12. masofdas

masofdas Active Member

These

Aqua GT
    Cannon Spike
    Evil Twin
    JoJo
    MoHo
    Samba de Amigo
    Speed Devils Online
    Street Fighter III Double Impact
    Taxi 2 (French)