NISA's Final Three - Pre-Order Mayhem

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Tweeg, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Just like what happened with the Collector's Edition for "The Lost Child" selling out on pre-order in a single day back on November 7th. A similar performance transpired yesterday, on Monday.

NISA Apparently did not anticipate that level of demand for Vita games to still exist what with the Switch now on the market, so they shuffled their planned CE (Collector's Edition) to SE (Standard Edition) production number ratios around and made additional quantity of the CE available for pre-order the following day, November 8th. Those additional pre-order CE's lasted all of a couple hours. Fast forward to yesterday, Monday (Who in their right mind opens pre-orders on a Monday?!) and with no announcement I could find anywhere "The Longest 5 Minutes" and "Penny Punching Princess" both magically appeared up for pre-order on Amazon with zero fanfare from NISA what-so-ever.

Literally, no announcement e-mails, no tweets on Twitter, not a peep out of the NISA Prinnies. But someone spotted the new pre-orders on Amazon, tweeted them out to the collective Vita enthusiast crowd on Twitter and next thing you knew there was a fury of tweets during a ten minute period from every Vita enthusiast and his cousin yesterday late afternoon that these two games had suddenly appeared on Amazon for pre-order. I was sadly in the middle of doing something in the house and finally after a while got freed up to revue my pathetic finances, and by the time I had juggled my finances and determined I could indeed buy the two games, The Longest 5 Minutes had already sold out.

Penny Punching Princess - On Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L91T1MS?th=1

[​IMG]

The Longest 5 Minutes - On Amazon (SOLD OUT):
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L8WKRCP/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_CTVdCbK3BE6EC

[​IMG]

The Lost Child - (Collector's Edition SOLD OUT) Standard Edition has not yet been available to pre-order.:
    https://store.nisamerica.com/games/psvita/the-lost-child-limited-edition-ps-vita

[​IMG]

But let's still take into consideration that NISA has said there will be "retail" availability of these final three physical release from them, which implies possibility that GameStop, Best Buy, and VGP all could potentially receive very limited inventories of these titles. not to mention the NISA Webstore has yet to offer the standard editions of any of the three yet, so raises questions as to why Amazon sprung and decided to offer their alotment so early. Also raising questions is why The Longest 5 Minutes (TL5M) was able to sell out hours ago and yet Penny Punching Princess (PPP) is still lingering available. Does this imply that PPP has a larger planned production run than TL5m? Or could there be a error with Amazon's inventory system and a incorrect availability number was input by their inventory team? One thing is certain, there is bound to be disappointment if the print runs of these titles is anywhere near as low as these pre-order sell outs are leading us to believe.

2. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Oh goodness... Time to keep a good eye on the EU stock then, as I was pretty sure they told us EU would also get some still.
    Both PPP and TL5M have been on my digital wishlist for a while, so getting them physically would be really cool.

3. Billybobbean

Billybobbean Well-Known Member

NISA seem to have a good relationship with VGP so im pretty confident we'll see them pop up soon

TheAtom likes this.
  4. sean

sean irishnerd47

Tweeg likes this.
  5. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

The Longest 5 Minutes is back in stock on Amazon! See link in original post. Got it ordered!

DojoDan and sean like this.
  6. Billybobbean

So it seems PPP and Longest 5 are being stocked by different divisions within amazon which refuse to ship to EU, Lost Child for whatever reason is a different one and thus can be ordered.

What I suggested on the discord this morning is if we all send some polite mails and or tweets to VGP to try and push for an answer on if or when they will have stock so those of us in the EU can do a pre-order incase we arent infact getting EU copies

email: customerservice@videogamesplus.ca

twitter: https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/

rajat likes this.
  7. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

zodaex likes this.
  8. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Done, cancelled the pre-orders with Amazon and re-pre-ordered both games from VGP and redeemed rewards points in the process. Saved about $2 this way, and not feeding the Amazon beast.

9. JamesStill

JamesStill Member

All can be ordered from Amazon.com now for EU customers.

10. wintermute

wintermute Well-Known Member

Saw accidentally all three on Amazon this morning and preordered all three SEs. Then I saw this thread. Phew.

11. wintermute

wintermute Well-Known Member

Received all 3 from Amazon today -- I guess that's it for the retail VITA games.

[​IMG]

12. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

wintermute awesome! My Penny Punching Princess is on its way from Amazon as well, but will probably take a little longer to be delivered still :)

13. Billybobbean

I've got sick of waiting on VGP, just emailed them to ask why my order still hasn't even been dispatched

14. shirokuro

shirokuro Well-Known Member

My orders have been dispatched from Play-Asia! Still frustrated on the lack of announcements from NISA for the LEs of The Longest 5 Minutes and Penny-Punching Princess though... (but at least I'm grateful to them for bringing out these 3 physicals so late into Vita's life)

15. rajat

rajat Well-Known Member

Mine was marked as dispatched on Monday, but nothing since then, LRG ghost is there where VGP is :p

16. Blai

Blai Well-Known Member

European The Longest 5 minutes has arrived to me

[​IMG]

TheAtom likes this.