Official Topic Nuclear Throne

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Jawessome, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Jawessome

Jawessome Permanent Resident of Vita Island

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    I am yet to take out Lil Hunter and reach the labs. Has anyone tried to 'fix' the golden car in 3-1 with the screwdriver? ;)

2. Murphy

Murphy Founder Staff Member

PSN ID:
    PMurphy1978
    I've tried but only twice have I got to 3-1 with a Screwdriver. Having just one weapon tends to make 3-1 that little bit harder haha.

Jawessome likes this.
  3. VINNIE GANESH

VINNIE GANESH Well-Known Member

I did it once & got the Golden laser pistol for Crystal.

Murphy likes this.
  4. Jawessome

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    Apparently if you have Last Wish as part of your mutations by the time you reach the Ice levels (world 5?), look for & feed a certain flower ;)

Just sayin'

VINNIE GANESH likes this.
  5. VINNIE GANESH

Just have more than 4 HP though. Made that mistake the first time when I did not know about this.

Jawessome likes this.
  6. NiccalsNefarious

NiccalsNefarious Active Member

I want to play it but I'm really trying to spend as less as possible these days. I've also heard that it's pretty bad with crashes... :(

7. Jawessome

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    Hi Nicca,

As someone who has owned it since launch, I can honestly say it has never crashed once on me. I'm not sure who has mentioned this or how wide spread it is but it's never been an issue for me?

I know how tempting it is to throw money at the PSN - especially with some of the kick ass deals they have.

I've not had a chance to play the Vita for a few weeks. Jumped back into Nuclear Throne yesterday and damn have my skills dropped! Now barely able to reach 3 - 3!

I love how the difficulty scales to how well you play. I got an awesome mutation combo (Gamma Guts, Rhino Skin and Bloodlust) and thought I had it made. Ended up in a room and got smashed! Punishing but extremely fun.

VINNIE GANESH, Flying_Pig and Murphy like this.
  8. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

I've not has any crashes either, but I haven't put that many hours in to it, to be fair...

9. VINNIE GANESH

I have not had any crashes which caused loss of progress. But the game almost always crashes if I die in any of the levels in the 7th world. I think I mentioned this on a previous post.

10. Jawessome

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    Any word on if / when they are patching the game? My main gripe is you can't seem to de-equip golden weapons once you find one which is a pain as I don't really enjoy starting with a golden crossbow.

Also upon pause, the default is Main Menu without an 'Are You Sure' prompt. It has made me silently curse the devs under my breath a few times.

EDIT: Nevermind - answered my own question:
    687749874037714944 is not a valid tweet id

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  11. lostapostle

lostapostle New Member

nice!!! hopefully it fixes the frame rate when things get crazy. sometimes I can't even see what's going on when going against big dog

12. Despair

Despair Member

It's been a couple of couple of months since the patch was last mentioned on their twitter account, has there been any word from other sources?

(After a bad experience with Olli Olli's constant crashes I'm not buying a non-patched version)

13. Jawessome

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    Sadly no. They've talked and talked about it but nothing for Sony so far. I've asked a few times myself and have received no response, but that's not surprising as with most Twitter accounts.

14. VINNIE GANESH

Their first update failed Sony certification & they were supposed to re-submit, but that was 4 months back. No further updates since they were busy with GDC.

15. Jawessome

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    Their 31st March Twitter update reads:

"After our GD break we've returned rested, inspired and ready to get back to work.

Back to work."

There have been many complaints about the state of the game from Sony owners and Vlambeer have taken the time to reply to apologize and say they will get a patch out. Time will tell, I guess. I haven't touched the game since my fave character got stuck with a golden grenade launcher. A bug means I can't de-quip it so starting the game with that is a huge pain in the ass..

Their Twitter feed is silent which could indicate they are spending more time trying to get this done and dusted. A studio this small can't afford a loss of confidence so I'm sure we'll see something eventually.

16. VINNIE GANESH

I guess I'm lucky that most of the characters I unlocked Golden weapons for got either Crossbows or Laser Pistols. Only Rogue has a Golden revolver which sucks since his Rifle is way better & I can't switch to that now.

Jawessome likes this.
  17. Crunchewy

Crunchewy Member

They told me on Twitter a few weeks back they were "getting closer". I.e. They didn't clarify much.

I wish Enter the Gungeon would get ported to Vita. That's an awesome game and I'd love to have it portable.

Jawessome and Flying_Pig like this.