Official Show Off Your Ride thread!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by DojoDan, Nov 12, 2016.

1. DojoDan

DojoDan Well-Known Member

Right. Since it's been said there should be said thread I thought I'd start one. So this is for all the car/bike lovers of TVL! What ever you drive or ride, what ever the cost or condition, classic or new, if you enjoy it post a pic! Let us know a little about it and why you like it.

Before I start, I just want to say I don't like 'showing off' per se, I just have a genuine love of cars.

Here's my '98 R33 Skyline GTS-T that I've owned for a fair few years now (on the right). It's not flashy but is modified under the hood. I did have a white one before this but I went mad modding it and ended up too quick for my nerves lol (yeah I know) so I stupidly sold it and bought this as a standard fresh import and vowed not to mod it. But that didn't last and now it's running 434bhp at the rear wheels, more than the last one (I never learn). Mods include bigger turbo, thicker head gasket, larger injectors, fuel pump, twin plate cluch, g4 ecu yada yada. All a waste in the wet mind!

[​IMG]

And my latest vehicular purchase, a Mitsy FTO GX tiptronic. 2.0l V6 naturally aspirated, 180bhp -ish (well, when new). I wanted to take the other off the road for the winter while I had some body work done so I couldn't resist this. Was a local impulse buy as they aren't expensive at all. Needs a little tlc on the outside (which I'll get around to) but inside is perfect. It's low mileage and runs well which is a good start. I've got a set of bushes and front ball joints so wish me luck. I've had 2 FTOs before and they're great fun. I actually like the auto box as it's much more relaxing to drive. Heres a pic from the ad:

[​IMG]

Are there any more car peeps out there?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

DankZaku and ixbeefxi like this.
  2. ixbeefxi

ixbeefxi Well-Known Member

Awww man I love Jap Flash. I used to own an Mr2 Rev 2 Turbo. Loves that car. I then moved onto a Mandatory MX3 V6, smallest ever V6 made with a 1.8L engine.
    After that I had a Fiat Coupe Turbo which was awesome but always went wrong.

Currently owning an S4 after getting rid of my M1 but desperately want a Lancer Evo VII.

[​IMG]

This was one of the 3 different MR2's I have owned. This was the add that I bought it from and it certainly didn't stay like that after I managed to "improve" it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

DojoDan likes this.
  3. DojoDan

I do like an Evo. Theres a lot to be said for 4wd. Have you got any pics of your old motors? What was the Fiat like? I really liked the inside and I know they're pretty quick and sound great. We started one up at a sales place and it smoked the building out heh. Must've been an oil seal or something. I love MR2 Rev2s aswell. I was off work ill for 3/4 months about 8 years ago and I went to a Jap import place to actually get out the house, it was the first time Id seen so many, they had MR2s all down one side. Great looking motors. Hardly ever see Jap stuff on the roads these days, not like it was a few years back.

Edit: sorry I missed your pic some how. Looks good in that colour. Id never stop polishing if I had a deep colour like that. Silvers a bit plop for deep shines unfortunately.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    ixbeefxi likes this.
  4. ixbeefxi

I am pretty sure i have some pics around somewhere of the couple of Fiats that i have had. Will see if i can dig them out.

First vehicle i had was a bike and didnt actually get a car until my mid 20's, the first car i owned being a highly modified Rev2 MR2. Insurace killed me as it was around £180 p/mth 3rd party only!!! (And that was without declaring most of the mods). Loved the car until a pizza delivery guy drove up the back of it at 50mph whilst i was waiting at a junction. Write off unfortunately.....

Nowadays i run around in the new stuff as have to keep up appearances for my job but i have been given the thumbs up from the wife to get a new to come the new year.

I came so close to buying a Mivec FTO about 8 years ago, was ready to hand over the money when they suddenly lost the MOT cert. After 30mins of faffing around they finally handed it over and it had adviserys for seal welding so that was that...shame as i love the look of these cars.

Always been interested in the 3000GT as well (guy on my road owns one) but soooooo much to go wrong on them with the 4 wheel driving and auto rear wing. Lovely looking cars though and super quick with the right mods.

My old man used to own a 650bhp Scooby (swapped his porsche 911 for it....madman!) and it scared the living shit out of me. It didnt last very long as he was a bit long in the tooth for that power so traded it in and got an XK instead.

Will try and get some photos up later.

5. joecool

joecool ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

My Eco Boy.

[​IMG]

coachjjs75 and DojoDan like this.
  6. Lizter

Lizter New Member

Awesome!!

7. devine11

devine11 New Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

coachjjs75, ixbeefxi and DojoDan like this.
  8. devine11

devine11 New Member

My fto track car

9. devine11

devine11 New Member

[​IMG]

ixbeefxi likes this.
  10. devine11

devine11 New Member

My spare fto just in case

11. DojoDan

Aww very jealous! Have you done anything suspension wise? They're such good value for money these days if you can avoid most of the pitfalls.

12. ixbeefxi

Like knackered transmission

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. devine11

devine11 New Member

Luck of the draw with that 1 the silver ftos gear box is solid the black 1 has no reverse but there is alot of gearboxs for sell in uk

ixbeefxi likes this.
  14. devine11

devine11 New Member

Suspension on these are already sound corners well

15. DojoDan

What's the manual gear box like? Are they known for issues or much like a normal box? I opted for a tip because it's for everyday use and it's nice n easy.

16. devine11

devine11 New Member

They are ok i use em for track only and they hold up will its not like cars of now a days but still do the job only issue iv had is the reverse in black 1

17. devine11

devine11 New Member

I think most of tge ftos that come over was tip

18. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bit older pic, it's currently awaiting some repairs. Hopefully I'll get it sorted out as soon as I tear my CC away from the Vita.
    Bonus interior pic...it's my favorite.

[​IMG]

DankZaku, DojoDan and coachjjs75 like this.
  19. Mozzer

Mozzer New Member

Beautiful Skyline buddy. I'm looking at picking up an S14 in the new year.

DojoDan likes this.
  20. Miah

Miah Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wife's new toy. Got some work to do since the PO seems to be the "screw up a crowbar in a sandbox" type.

zodaex likes this.
  21. DojoDan

That's a beast. A friend at work has a Chrysler Fifth Avenue. Lots of work needed on hers too. Leaf springs to start with!

22. Retro8bit

Retro8bit Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    Retro-8-bit
    Hey I never knew we had one of these. Here's my 2001 Nissan Xterra. :)

[​IMG]

DojoDan and Miah like this.
  23. nacsgaming

nacsgaming Member

Here is my daily driver. '15 STI
    [​IMG]

Race car #1 (semi-retired)

[​IMG]

Race car #2 (Silver one with blue stripes)

[​IMG]

DojoDan likes this.