Official Vita Wallpapers

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Tweeg, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah! :)

Have been scouring and gathering official Vita Wallpapers from their respective websites now for quite some time and have finally got them uploaded to share with everyone. Most, but not all, are from Japanese
    websites hence there will be a lot of game titles unfamiliar to those of us who read & speak English.

Must admit it is rather amazing how many publishers opted to only offer backgrounds for PC & cell phones for game titles that were Vita exclusives, really wonder what the point of that was. Many other developers/publishers opted for the paid theme route, only offering backgrounds as part of a theme package through the PSN store. I haven't messed with the PSN store much, so not entirely sure what all may exist there, but these buried in the obscurity of game specific websites are way more aggravating to hunt for, so please enjoy having them all in one easy to access directory. And if you know of some missing let me know and I'll be sure to add them.

Also, as these are copyrighted images still available officially through their respective websites, this is a hidden directory only available as a direct link and will not be linked to from anywhere on the PSO Archive website officially.:
    http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/other/v_background/

Sincerely,
    game player s (aka Tweeg)

DojoDan and TheAtom like this.
  2. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Whoa! How long did this excursion take you and what was your method? I doubt checking each and every official website is efficient, but I can't say I know a different route...

3. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Literally just that, checking each and every individual game site. And can't say for sure that this is complete, there could easily be some Japanese sites I've missed from some of the more obscure Japanese publishers. Also didn't hit up any European publishers, as those tend to mostly be branch office divisions of the R1 publishers for the most part. As for the amount of time this took... I don't know, hunting for backgrounds is something I've been doing periodically for the past couple of years. But like I said, most of the games tend to only have Twitter themes and/or desktop background images, the Vita backgrounds are the rarity.

4. Tweeg

Tweeg Well-Known Member

Oh, and of course there would be a e-mail in my inbox from Nihon Falcom telling me they've got a special holiday background available only from December 8th - 13th, and it's Ys VIII to boot. Just added it to the Ys VIII folder, but you guys and gals may want the desktop version, it's rather nice looking.:
    https://www.falcom.co.jp/info/falcomsecret/falcal/cal1207.html

[​IMG]

And on that note I must confess to the knowledge that Nihon Falcom has been releasing monthly calendar backgrounds now for years, and I failed to collect any of the ones they released for the Vita during the brief time when they were actually making Vita calendar backgrounds. Rather I thought I had saved at least a couple of them, and God only knows what became of them as I haven't been able to locate those files anywhere. But yeah, the calendars are rather nice looking typically and they now even have them in 4K resolutions.:
    https://www.falcom.co.jp/calendar/

Vita_Girl likes this.