Omega Labyrinth Z English Release 2018

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Digit, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Because "western people" always make a big fuss about such games.

We can talk for hours about this subject but this is the shortest possible answer.

I wouldn't call it protect because in a lot of cases rating boards are over protective.

But all that aside, again I repeat (this repeating is getting boring).

PEGI rated the game 18+, ESRB rated it as Mature so they both rated the game and didn't refuse ANY classification of it.

Germany, Australia and New Zealand refused rating the game, but these countries do that a lot and have their own rating boards.

The only PEGI using country refusing the game was the UK, meanwhile even then PEGI still rated the game so it was legal to release it in other PEGI using countries, aside from that ESRB rated the game M so bringing out the game over there was also legal.

So you tell me to respect rating boards which I mostly do, but seeing the game was rated and still canceled means somebody else for whatever reason still ignored that.

From Rice Digital website:

The VSC covers the UK and Ireland specifically. PEGI covers most of Europe and rated it an 18, but without VSC, nothing can be done for it in the UK. It is doubtful PSN would consider an unapproved PEGI rating by the VSC as classification for a digital release.

Essentially, the VSC “confirm” PEGI’s rating for application in the UK. In this case, they denied the rating for Omega Labyrinth Z within the UK.

For PEGI using countries it was VSC (that operates within the UK and Ireland) that refused the game, not PEGI and not ESRB.

PEGI rating

ESRB rating

Is this finally clear? Because go on and on and on on about this, our personal thoughts about this game, japanese games of culture and the whole situation around this gane will always be different.

However my point is clear, the game got it's rating but was canceled for different reasons we will never know.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018 at 6:44 PM
    lesdennis likes this.
  2. AJ77

AJ77 Well-Known Member

“Because "western people" always make a big fuss about such games.”

And why shouldnt we? Pedophilia Is illegal in most western countries, so talk it down all you like, we dont need perveted shit like this on our shelves.

And don’t talk down to people, you arent above anybody here.

3. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I don't talk people down, that is purely your opinion.

Also if you call such game pedophillia then you clearly don't know what true pedophillia is to start with.

If you don't like this discussion or cannot handle it I would advice you to ignore this topic.

It's that simple.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018 at 9:14 PM