Papers Please... please?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by Jawessome, May 16, 2016.

1. Jawessome

Jawessome Permanent Resident of Vita Island

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    Anyone know if this one will find it's way to Vita or has it been doomlisted?

I remember Shahid and Mr Corsi talking about this one back in the glory days of the Vita empire, before it was beset by the barbarous F2P / mobile scabware climate.

2. Axeru777

Axeru777 Well-Known Member

Papers, Please Might Still Release on the PS Vita Soon After All

[​IMG]

After nearly three years since its initial announcement, it seems like Papers, Please might still release on the PS Vita soon. The Australian Classification Board finally rated the puzzle game for Sony’s handheld system which hints that it might finally arrive soon.

Looking back, 3909 LLC announced Papers, Please for the PS Vita back in Gamescom 2014 without a release date. Since then, things have been pretty silent about the Vita version until now. Fans who have been looking forward to playing the title on the said system might not have to wait much longer.

[​IMG]
    For those unfamiliar with the game, you play as an immigration inspector who controls the flow of people “entering the Arstotzkan side of Grestin from Kolechia.” While there are legit immigrants and visitors trying to cross the border, there are also some smugglers, spies, and terrorists hiding among them.

Gameplay in Papers, Please relies mainly on document checking and using a variety of tools to see if the person you’re looking into is friendly or not.

http://twinfinite.net/2017/08/papers-please-ps-vita/

Jawessome likes this.
  3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Great news :) Will buy day 1!

4. Jawessome

Jawessome Permanent Resident of Vita Island

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    Oh happy day!

Has anyone seen this? Hi-larious.

zodaex likes this.
  5. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

Out in the US and Europe on Tuesday 12th December!

939613484869922816 is not a valid tweet id

AllHasRed and Calamity like this.
  6. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

What's with all these Vita ports appearing in quick succession lately? I thought the system was supposed to be dead ;) I better get to buying them, always happy to support devs that port their games to my favourite system :)

7. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

Dead? It is called PS Vita (life) and not PS Mortuus (dead) for a reason it seems :p

Good to hear the port is ready :)

zodaex likes this.
  8. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

So you think a sort of port of a game which involves some sort of passport control means the vitas alive.

9. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

There are enough new games coming to the Vita next year in the west, and plenty new games in Japan.

People call Vita dead but neither Vita or even Wii U are, a "dead" system doesn't get any official releases anywhere in the world.

AllHasRed likes this.
  10. AllHasRed

AllHasRed Well-Known Member

That's a nice surprise, never would have expected that so long after it's been announced and re-announced. Played it a fair bit on PC when it came out but never bothered to finish all there is to do - and there's a fair bit to do, it's far from being just about controlling passports. Definitely going to pick it up when it comes out tomorrow, but I'll also gladly double dip if they release it on cart sometime down the road. Hopefully some good samaritan publisher can make it happen, this game absolutely deserves a physical release.

11. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

A woman, a real living breathing woman talking to me.

They're both dead as a dodo vitagirl.

The best we got on the vita this year was Farming Simulator 18.

12. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

So you want spend your time sort of looking at virtual passports.

And I thought I was sad.

Well actually everyone thinks I'm sad.

13. Ficta_Scriptor

Ficta_Scriptor Well-Known Member

Papers, Please was considered one of the best PC games of 2014 by many websites and magazines and received quite a few awards and nominations. (http://papersplease.wikia.com/wiki/Awards_and_recognition) It's not just some random crappy indie game. The subject matter may not interest you, but regardless, it's a well received game that many have wanted a portable version of.

A system that still gets a constant stream of releases isn't dead, and many of us still have a number of upcoming releases that we're interested in. I'm guessing most of the recent and upcoming releases don't interest you, and that's okay. But your previous comments seem to be purely trying to get a rise out of people.

14. Fanny Magnet

Fanny Magnet Sex God!

I haven't seen a game released on here well since I've joined that has actually interested me. Maybe just the odd one.

I might stand corrected on papers please, considering it has won so many awards, not sure it's my cup of tea.

Haven't got the money for these games. It's a shame I enjoyed collecting for a time. Every party has a beginning and end.

15. Flying_Pig

Flying_Pig Well-Known Member

And it's out!

TheAtom likes this.
  16. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

This actually got me really curious! Will give this a look!