1. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

This game deserves it’s own thread. We still get AA games with jaw-dropping graphics with adventure game qualities these days and nothing proves that more than Persona 5.

I am currently 32 hours into the game and could not be happier - a rare mix of an adventure game, dating sim and JRPG all rolled into one.

I will actually be delayed in playing The Silver Case and Syberia 3 because of this game.

zodaex likes this.
  2. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

I'll be starting my copy in a couple of days time when I have a decent few days to dedicate to the game. Its probably the most stylish looking game I've seen in a while, I've still not played P3 or 4 yet despite owning them but I couldn't pass up this game based on how awesome/fun it looks.

3. vita_lover

And what a treat you have in front of you! Play Persona 5, then 4 and 3 also!

All three are great games!

4. Mr Tornado

Mr Tornado Well-Known Member

I am embarrassed to say that I have all the Persona PSP Limited Editions, Persona 3 Portable on digital download on my Vita, Persona 4 Golden Limited Edition & none have been played. At all. :oops::oops:

Do they need to be played in order?

5. Digit

Digit Well-Known Member

Well if you don't want those PSP and Vita LE's... :D

They can mostly be played independently of each other.

(BTW, can you snap pics of the PSP LE's so I know what to hunt for?)

6. shadowman

That's the plan. I hear that bar a few little Easter eggs here and there you can play 5 first and not really anything, so that's what I'll be spending my weekend doing!

7. vita_lover

Here are a few tips:

Spend as much as you can on Charm, Guts and Knowledge…Kindness should be just at level 2 for first 3 dungeons

I am at place where i might not be able to reach level10 with all confidants , since all of them are necessary for extra custscenes and gameplay perks….keep your schedule in check
    But i will replay this game anyway in japanese VO and for other stuff i am leaving deliberately, plus newgame+

Abuse network in class room , when you are asked a MCQ, press network button to guess right answer, its good way to get free knowledge
    Remember the description of MCQs explained by faculty for exams

Make sure to make progress with Sadayo kawakami asap, she is most game changer confidant
    You will miss out major stuff, this is where game shines [​IMG]

Try to visit all shops and accessible locations to have them open as fast travel, you can miss many shops and extra stuff like odd Jobs

There is a conversation mini game to capture Shadows, there is guide online for their nature and how to reply, that alone is more fun than most AGs that cant get conversation puzzle wrong

I am on Dungeon 7 and they just keep on delivering unique stuff, great design
    This is just one factor that alone make its better than all the previous Persona

8. shadowman

Thanks for the tips. It seems unlikely that I'll max out social links on my first run since I don't plan on using a guide at any point unless I get really stuck. So that'll most likely be more of a replay type deal (assuming I find the time!).

I've only done a few hours so far, still very much in the tutorial but its really well done. Interesting story and mechanics that are gradually opening up. I've done a few of the shadow conversation mini games to get more Persona's which are really cool. I'll continue playing tomorrow to see where the story goes. I love the atmosphere of the game world as well. It sits nicely alongside Yakuza and Akiba's Trip II in terms of really well designed takes on Japan.

9. shadowman

First palace down. Lesson learned, don't leave exploration until the final few days of the deadline, I scraped by but only barely! Loved the dungeon though, and I'm really enjoying the battles - the weakness discovery and conversation mini game with the shadows are cool ways to spice things up. Ended up "upgrading" Arsene into some slime creature. Nowhere near as impressive visually, but I now have several elemental attacks at my disposal in one persona, and I'll continue to splice persona's together until I get something truly all powerful!

Hopefully I hit a bit of downtime in the game for a while to do more of the social stuff before the next big palace shows itself. Such an awesome game, and a breath of fresh air for me as well. Oh, and this game has by far the best load screens I've seen in any game, so insanely stylish.

10. vita_lover

Yea, I hit the dungeons as early as I can, they take several days now to complete. It looks like about 12 hours interaction, 6 hours dungeon is the ratio.

11. shadowman

Now I can explore Momentos... great, another distraction! Seriously, its hard to work out what to focus on in your off time when so many decent options are available! Also, I really do love the social side of things, I can play this stuff for hours.

12. shadowman

Secured my infiltration route for the second treasure. This time doing it 10 days ahead of the deadline rather than the last possible minute! Really loving this palace, its had a couple of visually impressive moments and I've improved a couple of my Persona so that I now have a nice wide range of elemental attacks for all occasions! Kinda wish I'd have got into the series sooner, its definitely worthy of the hype that's for sure!

13. vita_lover

The palaces just get better - and I just got into my first intimate relationship! This game does have great perks!

Just lovin' this game big time!

14. shadowman

Finished the second palace with a little time to spare (which was really nice). Only just started really fleshing out the social links but it does have some excellent perks. Made some pretty awesome Persona as well. I do love how stylish the palaces have been so far. Though I don't really play JRPG's I'm really pleased that this one is living up to the hype! Can't wait to get back to it and start the 3rd palace.

15. vita_lover

The third palace is HUGE - you will be a busy person solving that one!

After that, things get a little easier - enjoy!

16. shadowman

Just solved it - well I've managed to reach the treasure so just the boss fight left. The second part was pretty tense though, since it seems like you do a rather large portion of the level with no save room (and the only save room - at the end of the area is only accessible AFTER you beat the floors boss!). The last bit - where your getting the passcodes was awesome. as they were divided up into nice manageable chunks. I've now got the best part of 2 in game weeks to beat the boss. I'm definitely still enjoying myself though, this dungeon let me level up quite a bit, so I've got some great new persona's.

17. shadowman

Third boss fight down. He was surprisingly easy, after the tough time I had with the second boss I expected a similar challenge but I walked all over him! Loved the design of the palace though. Speaking of which, I'm working my way through the fourth palace at the moment and it seems really interesting. I've managed to create a couple of better Persona, though I'm still rocking a comparatively weaker Persona mainly due to the wide range of elemental skills it has (and I've not found an adequate fusion partner to power it up further!).

Still loving the game, over 37 hours into it yet it still feels incredibly fresh and addictive, which is great!

18. vita_lover

Wow, fourth palace - you are further than me now! However the game is so good I am not in a hurry at all!

19. shadowman

I have nice periods of time off where I basically spend most of the day on Persona - its a game I can quite easily play for hours without getting bored. Only bits that tend to drag on a bit are the chapter beginnings - where your deciding on a new target (those always take a little while) but once your off it flies along at a really nice pace, and all the side stuff is so insanely addictive that I could probably spend a few hours alone doing that stuff!

20. vita_lover

I wish I could do that - I'd love to play P5 all day long. This is especially true in the dungeons. But hey, at the rate I am going I will be playing this game for another month at least.

21. Retro8bits-Wife

Retro8bits-Wife New Member

I started it but comic theme not my thing.