Petition Play station Vita The Return

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by DeathOfChainz, Feb 23, 2017.

1. DeathOfChainz

DeathOfChainz New Member

2. Vita_Girl

Vita_Girl Well-Known Member

I love the Vita but no.

Don't do this because PS Vita is already 5 years old so this would be extremely too little too late.

This could make sense 3 years ago, but now it doesn't.

A new Sony handheld would be a better option, but considering how stupid and money greed Sony is, a new Sony handheld would die quickly because of them.

Vita has still enough titles to go, and the Switch might replace it in a positive way.

So again, too little too late, it won't help so I won't sign it.

Btw why would I care for Sony made games if the Vita already has 1400+ titles?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Phil Wyatt and Renegade Bastard like this.
  3. zodaex

zodaex The Mighty Zodasaur

Because the new games could potentially be really really good. The PC has over 20 times as many games as the PS-Vita does, yet that doesn't stop legions of gamers from getting excited about new PC games.

4. Vita_Girl

My point with that is, Ps Vita is 5 years old so if Sony would make any games for it then mostly they would be things like Invizimals.

Why? It's not only that Vita sold poor compared to PSP, Vita got a bad name because of lack of support from Sony and other "big" western third parties, people call it "dead" and new Sony games would not change that statement for people that call it dead and don't own a Vita, the only solution could be if Sony starts over with a new handheld with proper first and western third party support.

For non Vita owners in the west, big western third parties and Sony (again in the west) itself Vita is a sinking ship, look at Nintendo they tried till the bitter end to save the Wii U and they failed, only solution was the Switch, the same for the Vita only a new handheld with proper game support and marketing would make a difference.

And comparing to PC isn't really logic, PC is on gaming level something completly uncomparable with consoles, how good a game looks on a PC depends on hardware you have but in comparsion to consoles there are almost no restrictions, the first Crysis is a great example where even a 3 way SLI GTX8800 could barely handle it.

Ps Vita is awesome, but the name it got in the west won't change whatever Sony would do, if a ship sinks you let it sink and just build a new one, "Vita 2" could be a solution (with different name because Vita 2 would end like Wii U because of the name).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Phil Wyatt and Renegade Bastard like this.
  5. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

I'd LOVE a Gravity Rush 2 on the VITA, but its not happening......................just thank your lucky stars the system did well in Japan, lots of third party support for 2017 at least, Dangaronpa 3 is stunning on the VITA - as is Steins Gate Zero!

With it's stunning OLED screen and great catalog of games, the PSVITA is a great system to still buy - and it's almost 6 years old!

Renegade Bastard likes this.
  6. Phil Wyatt

Phil Wyatt Active Member

Totally agree with you Vita Girl. The Vita is and will always be an awesome device, but more AAA games are not going to revive it for those people who consider it dead and buried (poor buggers :p) and only wanted it in the first place to play the latest BIG GAMES on it. It's just not powerful enough any more. I'm still gonna support it until the bitter end and hope somehow that Sony builds a new handheld device - although if they do make it backwards compatible with Vita and PSP, Ps1, Ps2, Ps3 PLEASE!

I like your analogy with sinking ships - don't keep bailing out the water, nothing is going to stop it sinking to the murky depths. Build a brand new ship instead with new technology that makes it faster, sleeker etc. Just what they are doing now with the Titanic 2!!! Maybe that's not the best brand though in my opinion, in the same way I guess they should avoid Vita 2!

We will see how the Switch does. I really hope it sells a lot and opens up the market to more potential portable players. Because tablets and phones have definitely taken over the market with their pay to play and touchscreen based games. If Nintendo can prove there still is a big playing field for gamers who want a dedicated handheld gaming system, then just MAYBE Sony will step up once more to bring out some kind of portable playstation.

In the meantime do not despair, there are TONS of great games are still coming out on Vita. Who cares about COD's God's and GTA's - play those on the big system and try something different but just as good on the smaller screen!

Vita_Girl likes this.
  7. zodaex

I can't speak for anyone but myself but I absolutely adore GTA. It's undoubtedly in my top 5 game franchises. A GTA game made for the Vita would mean the world to me. Chinatown Wars on the PSP was absolutely incredible.

Phil Wyatt likes this.
  8. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

Can't we still get GTA from the psp online store? I do agree that it's a great franchise, not so much for the story element but for the vastness of its sandbox and just pure jump in and muck about ability. Only crackdown had a similar ease and fun that had nothing to do with the actual game itself.

I am also against a vita revival petition, well at least as a major console revival. It's getting too old and could really benefit from new cpu's and graphics processors so that it could really be something spectacular for the next generation. As it is the vita is in a good place in my mind, it's a bit old school (harking back to the days before smartphones) has some niche games and is relatively out of the market to make if an affordable collectors system with potential growth in value over time due to it's poor market performance.

I still have so much to collect for it and with all teh new awesome games coming out for it it just keeps growing my catalogue beyond what i would like... but damn it's cool lol.

9. zodaex

You can, but I couldn't take a chance on a digital-only PSP game like that because there's a 40% chance it wouldn't be whitelisted for play on the PS-TV and i'd be permanently stuck with something i'd never want to use. It's much safer for me to stay with the inferior DS and PS2 versions that are available physically.

10. Dee0342

Dee0342 Well-Known Member

Mobile phones have taken over most of the handheld market, and even now the PS Vita is still really expensive. These days I rarely see anyone play even a 3DS in the train because people prefer mobile games that cost ( nearly ) nothing.

11. zodaex

How do know that these people prefer Cell phone gaming to gaming on the Vita? Do you interview everyone you see playing a cell phone game? I personally do! But what I find the overwhelming majority of the time, is that they have no idea what a Vita is. Heck, I didn't even understand what a Vita really is until late 2013.

12. geralds

geralds Member

most people prefer cell phone gaming because they dont want to caring multipul devices. Everyone already has a cell phone and they just pick some free quick game they can play for 5 minutes and stop. Hence why games like candy crush and flappy birds are popular they are free and only take a few minutes to pick up and play. They may play them while in a line at a grocery story as an example. They are not buying phones for the purpose of playing games but they have it so why not we are moving to an age were people want all in 1 devices not some large dedicated portable. If you told them to buy a phone exclusively for playing games 90% of them people wouldnt buy a phone they are just trying the quick free to play game because they have the device for other purposes. More casual people play games then harddcore games like us around here the market is going to simply go where the money is. You do not like moble gaming hope sony makes some all in 1 device we free to play quick pick up that have real games or basically a cell phone.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  13. zodaex

Wrong. Not everyone has a cell phone. In fact my best friend who I game with every weekend (often times we play Vita games) doesn't and has never had a cell phone before. If you want to argue about this with me then please stay truthful and try not to exaggerate.

14. geralds

geralds Member

everyone may not but the average person does. Agaian get out of the little gaming mindset people who play cell phone games are not the same who are gonna play a vita or even a 3ds most of the time. People are just buying phones for talking or text and sense they have it they get a free game on a whim there not even that interested in gaming to begin with and never will be. While yes not everyone had a cell phone but enough do and some people who have a cell phone simply see no need for a vita when there phone already plays games. They also do not know what a vita is because 1 they are even hardcore gamers they are not looking at the market also there not some super major release on a vita drawling people attetion. Western developers need to develop for a vita and get the game out there that people go ape shit over or sony needs there own pokemon like game(in terms of popularity).

15. vita_lover

vita_lover Well-Known Member

On the Nintendo DS it was the smaller games that I really loved on it. Converting big AA games to run on a handheld can lead to game being released with compromises in gameplay. Tombraider on the Nintendo DS for example was pretty lame.

Good news about the PSVITA is that lots of smaller games are still coming out for it - many I am really looking forward to.

16. Amos67

Amos67 Well-Known Member

The vita is definitely a hardcore gamers device or someone who is into the niche indie gaming market perhaps? I agree about the mobile gaming being a more haphazard gaming style than a conscious decision to "game" it's just a time filler or boredom/procrastination device along with facebook and what not.

although vita is mobile, i am more of a sedentary gamer and the games on it need you to sit down for longer stretches (well some of them at least). Yes i take it with me, but i play on location not while i travel or inbetween stuff. When i have time to myself i will drop half an hour to an hour on the device, some can do that while travelign but i prefer to be more comfy

17. legalalien

legalalien Member

An online petition? Sure, this will force Sony to produce high quality games for the Vita for the next three years... Enjoy the Vita as long as it lasts because it´s almost over.

18. Vita_Girl

You don't even want to know how many non hardcore gamers have a vita, 3DS, PS4 and so on.

Hardcore gamer defines how much someone plays games (and partly how good someone plays games), not on what system he or she does that.

zodaex likes this.
  19. Dee0342

Dee0342 Well-Known Member

If you have no knowledge of the Vita now, you are probably not even interested in it now. Also shows how poor Sony's marketing at the time was, making it very unlikely they would ever support it now.

Just look at how big games like Pokemon Go got by releasing them on a smartphone device. If something like that came out on 3DS/Vita it would never had that big of an impact.

20. geralds

geralds Member

I think of a hardcore gamer as someone who actually gonna look this up and know about the vita.

21. samus1818

samus1818 Active Member

I signed the petition! :D

22. Vita_Girl

Most hardcore gamers don't care about the Vita or don't even know such thing still exsists.

And if they know it then most of them will conclude it's dead (which is sad)

23. geralds

geralds Member

Well even its true its because the average person largely doesn't not care about Japanese games or visual novels. People would have cared more if more western developed games were on it pretty simple. It does not matter how ells this is marketed you not gonna be able to convince the masses to want to play most Japanese games. There are only a few super popular Japanese games outside Japan. Also when most of the games people are looking for can be gotten on anything ells I can see why they have disregarded the vita while there are exclusives its not exclusives they care that much about and just have to have. If they had the killer app like pokemon that people just couldn't live without then i bet the vita would have sold better.

24. Zikaprevail

Zikaprevail Active Member

Just get a switch man seriously. Playing breath of the wild is crazy... The screen is beautiful...the graphics, open world. The switch is a true handheld masterpiece and it looks even better on the tv. I thought vita looked good at first, the switch is just so much more so.

25. Rat King 64

Rat King 64 Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago I was holding out hope that there would be a late life push for Vita. I have given up all hope on that now. Sony first and second party studios have moved on and they are not going to come back and support the Vita regardless of how many petitions they get.

Personally, I have a few games on Vita that I am looking forward to this year, but I accept that things will be wrapping up soon. There will not be much in 2018 beyond indie games. Even in Japan the Vita announcements have slowed down considerably over the past year. The games that are in development over there are all niche games. The Japanese market is now focused on the PS4 and Switch.