Play Asia Releases

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita Games' started by ninty72, Oct 3, 2018.

1. TheAtom

TheAtom Well-Known Member

Tweeg though I get your reasoning, I personally do doubt it, although it has baffled me as well.

IF they do attract a similar crowd as LRG, but they just have a bigger stock (despite saying otherwise), that stock will probably have to be enormous compared to what they advertise. I mean, Salt and Sanctuary Standard sold out in about 2-3 minutes in LRG with a stock of 1,800. If you imagine Stay or Fast Striker doing similar numbers, you would imagine that within 5 minutes, they would have sold at least over 2,000 right? Then I would say over the course of a few days, they would sell probably over 3,000, perhaps 4,000 even (as I am sure there's more of a rush at first), which, for Stay, is over triple the amount advertised...

I don't know, is that legal?

Something I thought of is that they are Asian English and perhaps many of the collectors perhaps only do US releases? Red Art Games' European releases are also not selling too amazingly.

Another theory I have is that a big crowd of the 'collectors' are very 'loyal' to LRG...

I don't know, but I can't say I mind. Seeing how Play Asia has been increasing their output, it mist be doing well for them, and I personally love their LEs, their service (prepaid customs and free shipping from Hong Kong/Singapore (!!)) and a lot of the games they're putting out.

I really feel like they select good, quality games rather than whatever doesn't have a physical (yet)

ninty72 likes this.
  2. Rovest

Rovest Active Member

I dunno... The theory is not new to me, I've wondered the same considering I did have to go to "ebay" for Only one of PA's limited releases 'unepic' but otherwise manage to get the games i want.

But I do know that their stock is indeed limited. But on the other hand... Have you thought that American's value 'physical' content more then other countries? Maybe LRG also is the fore runner in this and set the trend for it? Also putting a sour taste in that same Trend across the world?

3. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

O wondered about this as well. Game choices have been better, prices lower, production quality far beyond LRG and free shipping. Oh, and they tend to ship sooner than LRG games as well. Yet they don't tend to sell out. Strange.

Anyway, I was busy playing Kingdom Hearts BBS yesterday so had no time to look up if Stay is a good game/Vita port so I just bought it anyway along with Fast Striker to be on the safe side.

ninty72 likes this.
  4. TheAtom

1: I can't imagine anything more typical of this forum than that behaviour xD

2: from the looks of it, you don't need to worry. Stay looks very interesting, I can't imagine the port being bad, and it's gotten a lot of good reviews (the main downside being some obscure puzzles or something).

3: way off topic, but what do you think of it? Having played all the remixes except for 2.8 (I am somewhere halfway 3D) and BBS is my personal favourite.

5. shadowman

shadowman Well-Known Member

Yeah, BBS is fantastic. I still prefer 2's combat but only just. BBS was a fantastic prequel that helped flesh out the world significantly. Fantastic music and new worlds as well. Definitely has me hyped for 3 now.

TheAtom likes this.
  6. Rovest

Rovest Active Member

I dunno... I l oved KH Chain of memories for GBA/ps2 the most... The other DS/3ds games felt like extra OVA's no one asked for.

7. TheAtom

BBS was a PSP game :)

I never played Re: Chain of Memories for the GBA, only the PS2 version in the remix, but of all games that we actually got to play in the remixes, it's definitely my least favourite. The story is probably the least interesting and the combat is not too smooth either, I found

shadowman likes this.
  8. Rovest

Rovest Active Member

I know, i played Only two thirds of it, the save got corrupted on my psp when i played it and mastered two of the three chars... When it came to terra.... i turned it off and never looked back... Mickey's racing was gawd awful... And i hope KH3 does away with "insane" difficulty curve mini games...