Playstation 3 Not Connecting to PSN

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 & General PlayStation Discussion' started by Jawessome, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Jawessome

Jawessome Permanent Resident of Vita Island

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    I'm really hoping someone can help me here.

I just picked up my brother in law's PS3 (slim).

I quick formatted it and then connected it to my wireless connection.

Updated the firmware with no issues and then signed into PSN.

I got a message saying I needed to download something to be able to get into the PSN.

It was around 44mb and the progress bar didn't move despite the seconds ticking down.

Odd but it indicated the download finished and that's where my problems started.

I was signed out of the PSN and could no longer sign in.

Kept getting a numerical error.

A connection test resulted in the IP and internet being signed in fine, just the PSN log in would fail.

After continually re-trying settings, I finally passed the connection test. I was able to sign in to the PSN.

Trying to sync trophies would take forever. Trying to access the store crashes the damn machine.

Any ideas guys and girls? I just want to DL some games FFS.

Havent tried wired yet.

2. lesdennis

lesdennis Well-Known Member

I have been unable to get on the PSN store on my PS3 for the past month, keeps saying it's undergoing maintenance (when i know it is not).

Unfortunately I haven't found a solution to the problem yet (I don't use my PS3 much).

All I can suggest is if you use your PC browser to goto the Sony PSN store , download list and individually request games are downloaded to your PS3, it should auto start downloading them to the PS3 once it is turned on - it will prompt you to wait whilst it sets up the downloads on PS3.

Hope this helps!

Jawessome likes this.
  3. Jawessome

Jawessome Permanent Resident of Vita Island

PSN ID:
    PurrrePunjabi
    Yep! The exact same problem I have. I got a page saying it's undergoing maintenance too. What a giant pain in the ass. Vita and PS4 storefronts loaded fine.I may just call Sony Australia tomorrow.

I'm just worried that if the PS3 can't seem to connect to the PSN, it may not action the request to download the game to the system.

EDIT: Okay.. so I bit the bullet and purchased Capcom vs SNK 2 via PC and did another format of the console.

I was actually able to get into the PSN and access the download list. It all seems stable - for now.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016