Playstation Vita 3000 Wishlist

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by Fokkusu, May 3, 2015.

1. Fokkusu

Fokkusu The orginal fox

PSN ID:
    Joeow
    After seeing the speculation thread regarding the button copyrights I looked and couldn't actually find a thread about this. Basically inspired by MarcTheGeek's video with his 3000 wishlist.

I essentially agree with all his points, most noteably the change to MicroSD storage (we can dream right?)
    Though from the other thread I don't really care for a HDMI output, I also think the current size of the 2000 is ideal.

Post away with your thoughts!

Video previously mentioned:

2. Goro

Goro Well-Known Member

My only real issue with the Vita is the L/R triggers. The quality is awful and they result you get varies depending on where you hold them. Makes racing games and shooters worse on the console and uncomfortable to play.

Everything else is too late to change like adding more buttons. Maybe an optional proper first party accessory for adding R2/L2/R3/L3 for remote play would be cool but not as part of a redesign for all Vitas.

I can't imagine Micro SD is even possible because of the Vita's security systems but of course everyone would like that.

Fokkusu likes this.
  3. comeoutpunching

comeoutpunching Well-Known Member

Good topic!

Much better speakers
    Better triggers, agreed, and l2/r2 if they could work it out
    Much better battery
    Slightly larger screen with higher resolution (I think they could squeeze an extra half inch without rewriting the form factor and it'd help with the tiny text games)
    Better cameras (not huge, but are handheld console cameras always obligated to stay 15 years behind the curve?:/)

Well thanks, now I want a 3000 :)

4. xtemma

xtemma Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    NA: XtemmA2 / Asian: XtemmA
    Playstation Vita TV is alright. Next: Playstation Vita Tablet. :eek::p:confused:

My ideal Vita 3000 is a bigger screen and remove the back touch panel.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  5. VietLe

VietLe Well-Known Member

I just want to stream the screen of my Vita to another screen :eek:

Maybe using the Vita as a console lol.

6. Stryfe

Stryfe Well-Known Member

My 3000 wishlist:
    • MicroSD / SD card would be sweet! (it's a wishlist... -_-)
    • If not the above, then built-in 8GB minimum
    • HDMI output, would love to play those games on the big screen without PSTV (which has poor compatibility)
    • Maybe a bit smaller than the 2000 without compromising on screen size - there's potential space to save on the sides. It's 'narrowness' is fine in my opinion.
    • 2 Vita game card slots, so I can keep two games in at once and switch between then rather than carry games around separately
    • Much much better cameras, at least 8mp back camera and 2mp front camera

7. Chesterlots

Chesterlots Member

• As practically every person in this thread, MicroSD slot, or a normal SD card slot. Don't know about you guys, but I would buy a 128 GB SD in a heartbeat.
    • I recommend no built in storage to keep the prices down, we all end up using memory cards anyways, so just bundle it with a memory card. Sony would probably go with 16 or 8 GB.
    • Display port of some sort, but the future is screaming wireless beaming technology.
    • USB C. It is capable of functioning as a display port, charging cable, 1 GB download/upload speeds, and it is slim enough for a portable design. The downside being is buying another cord to get USB 3.0/2.0 connectivity, but I see it being worth the trade off away from micro USB.
    • Stryfe said better cameras, I can agree with that. But it needs to still be on the cheap end to ensure an affordable price.
    • Better triggers, and R3/L3. R1/L1 can still be easily used with the touch screen. R3/L3 cannot be utilized by Vita games for the sake of previous model compatibility, it is only for remote play functionality.
    • Remove the back touch, and use one of the two additional buttons as a way to toggle the front touch to back touch functionality.
    • Better battery is always welcomed.
    • Better remote play support. It might not even be possible, but they designed the PS4 to be able to remote play, so I am thinking the Vita 3000 could be designed with a better connection.
    • As comeoutpunching said, better speakers would be nice, though I end up using earbuds or headphones anyways, so I would bundle it with some sort of single earbud, like the PS4's.
    • Lastly, a share button next to the PS button. Now, it can't record video, but it does take pictures. Would make taking screenshots a lot less of a pain, plus, the game menus tend to get in the way with the PS + select button functionality.

8. Detective Kaito

Detective Kaito Active Member

• Longer battery life. (Maybe 8-10 hours)
    • Better quality cameras. The ones in old Vita's sucked so bad.
    • OLED screen. Since the lack of an OLED screen is the main reason no one upgraded from 1000 to 2000.
    • Share button like the PS4 to share screenshots. Cause social media is a way of life nowadays.
    • Built-in 8GB of memory that adds up with the purchased memory cards, unlike the 2000.
    • HDMI cable for an ideal gaming experience. I just need to use my big TV to play Vita games when nobody's at home. :p
    • Slightly bigger face buttons and analog sticks. My fingers slip sometimes when playing since I sweat a lot. :T
    • Better connection. (Wifi and remote play) I always had connection problems with my Vita, maybe it was because I was more than 10-meters away from my router.
    • A price tag of 199.99$.
    Hey, it is a wish list after all. ;)

9. _:_PuppyShark_:_

_:_PuppyShark_:_ Active Member

PSN ID:
    puppy_shark29-6
    I'd like:
    • Better cameras
    • Less sticky shoulder buttons
    • SD card storage
    • 2 game slots
    • Youtube and Near functionality
    • Spotify functionality
    • Better speakers

SONY likes this.
  10. Kyle

Kyle Just Some Guy Staff Member

PSN ID:
    teflontactics
    No offense guys, but some of these items on your wishlists are completely unrealistic. :p

_:_PuppyShark_:_ and Pata like this.
  11. lights

lights Well-Known Member

Build quality of a £700 smartphone with a respectively high price.

Anodized aluminium body, Gorilla Glass 4, latest IPS or OLED panel, 128GB built in storage and 16-megapixel camera.

;)

12. _:_PuppyShark_:_

_:_PuppyShark_:_ Active Member

PSN ID:
    puppy_shark29-6
    Hee, I knew that even as I was making this list *sighs sadly*

SONY likes this.
  13. Fokkusu

Fokkusu The orginal fox

PSN ID:
    Joeow
    Well you have to WISH for these things just incase. ;)
    A more reasonable request I have is more colours, and said colours available world wide.