PlayStation Vita Failing

Discussion in 'PlayStation Vita General Discussion' started by CharZarz, Jan 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CharZarz

CharZarz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    FruitOnline
    Holy snap! Thanks for this long reply I think... But by the day, each day!I want my 3ds back that I sold! 1 reason MiiVerse. MiiVerse is the BEST community in the world! I wish Sony had something like that :/

2. Kurisutina

Kurisutina Ultimate Vita Enthusiast

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Actually...well, in a non-graphical way, they do. Every game's live area has a "Miiverse" it's just...so barebones right now. It really needs to be refined. Actually a lot of Vita's features needs a firm upgrade. Though I myself am not compelled by Miiverse in the slightest.

3. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

miiverse is a great concept, if may has well would have the chance to be the gaming network, only problem is that it is nintendo only.

4. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Isn't it expanded or to be expanded to phones and stuff anyway?

5. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

yes it will, but this isnt my point.
    It will only be about nintendo games, not ps or xbox.

6. Kurisutina

PSN ID:
    Shiroyami
    Ah, well that goes without saying. Closed Garden and all that jazz. To be honest, I don't think there's a need for an all encompassing gamers social network. Individual "mini" networks for platforms (PSN/XBL/Nintendo Network via Miiverse) is fine, provided it integrates into the larger networks that the average person uses. i.e Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Alt if one is really important, it can't be made by a platform holder, it must be made by a 3rd party.

APA likes this.
  7. Yuuki

Yuuki Loves Anime

8. vongruetz

vongruetz Well-Known Member

PSN ID:
    vongruetz
    I often think about the PSP sales when people argue whether a product is successful or not. The common thought on the PSP was that it was a failure and that it would never catch up to Nintendo's DS. As of today, the PSP has over 80 million sold. That number is crazy. The NES was the quintessential gaming console in the late 80's, and that only sold in the 60 million range. So how is one a failure and the other a success?

I think Vita sales are primed to take off. And even if they don't, I don't think it will matter. The one thing the Vita has working in its favor is that the people who buy it are gamers. And gamers will spend money on games. Sony has stated a number of times that the Vita has one of the highest attach rates in the industry (which is very attractive to developers). Afterall, there's no point in selling 100 million consoles if nobody buys the games, or only buys cheap/free games.

APA and lightfellow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.